Official Patriots at Bengals Game Thread

Man, do you realize we are now (barring a comeback) 1-6 in our last seven? 90's anyone? I can see dark days ahead for our beloved Bengals if something doesn't change.

I don't. Yeah. Me..who has been bad mouthing the defense (mostly) all year long. After the bye week, and especially after Chris Henry returns, this will be a much better team! :bengal:

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, do you realize we are now (barring a comeback) 1-6 in our last seven? 90's anyone? I can see dark days ahead for our beloved Bengals if something doesn't change.

I see what you are saying but consider this:

Actually first, open the schedule page on the Bengals site. We have a bye week to "try" and get healthy. The next 12 games look alot better, don't they?

I can still see this team at 10-6 with the LBs back.

I hope.

It's not just the injuries, though. This is the most undisciplined team I have ever seen. The worst tackling team I have ever seen. And it's not like we're getting All-Pro linebackers back. Our defense still sucks, even with our starting linebackers in there. We're still going to have to outscore people. Cheech coming back will help, but I'm seeing more 6-10, 8-8 at best, right now.

I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see the light at the end of this tunnel.

Oh, and just like to add, nice whiff by Madieu.

The tackling is embarrassing.

Welcome to last place!!!! Wooooooooo!!!!! The freaking Browns are better than us.

Now...maybe. After we get healthy and Henry back? No.

While I expected to lose this game, it's hard to over-look the constant mental mistakes and lack of depth and talent acquired over 4 off-seasons. It's tough to watch DB's 6 yards off WR's in the red zone, then just like right now, watch a CB blitz and Brady throw a WR screen to that CB's spot, just toying with the poor Bengals.

Horrific coaching all-around, the players are constantly missing assignments, in the wrong spot, not on the same page.

This roster isn't stabilized, the drafts have sucked the last 3 years, it's gotten worse.

"We wouldn't understand" Marv.

Actually first, open the schedule page on the Bengals site. We have a bye week to "try" and get healthy. The next 12 games look alot better, don't they?

I hope.

It's not just the injuries, though. This is the most undisciplined team I have ever seen. The worst tackling team I have ever seen. And it's not like we're getting All-Pro linebackers back. Our defense still sucks. We're still going to have to outscore people. Cheech coming back will help, but I'm seeing more 6-10 right now.

No, but your getting your depth back. That makes a huge difference. Add Henry. Add Kilmer and Jeanty.

Look at Watson. Nice 2nd back, huh? Chris Perry? He comes back too. Once again, look at the schedule.

By the way.....not saying we're SB bound but the 2001 Pats were 1-3.

I hope.

It's not just the injuries, though. This is the most undisciplined team I have ever seen. The worst tackling team I have ever seen. And it's not like we're getting All-Pro linebackers back. Our defense still sucks. We're still going to have to outscore people. Cheech coming back will help, but I'm seeing more 6-10 right now.

No, but your getting your depth back. That makes a huge difference. Add Henry. Add Kilmer and Jeanty.

Look at Watson. Nice 2nd back, huh? Chris Perry? He comes back too. Once again, look at the schedule.

I hope you're right and prove me wrong, I really do. But for the first time since Marvin's been here, I have no hope for this season, or the future.

I hope.

This man has a point. All valid!

what we are seeing is the difference between a disciplined team and an un-disciplined one and it starts at the top.

The most intelligent post I've seen during my week here.

You have TONS of offensive talent, and one of the NFL's defensive gurus for your head coach.

But penalties and over-pursuit kills you guys.

what we are seeing is the difference between a disciplined team and an un-disciplined one and it starts at the top.

You have TONS of offensive talent, and one of the NFL's defensive gurus for your head coach.

Marvin Lewis IS NOT a defense guru.

He has proven nothing to me in that category. And unless he makes the playoffs this year, I've lost all faith in him as a head coach, period.

Wow i thougt we would lose but i really dont think they put up much of a fight there this one physical team i must say lots of pressure and sacks tonight lol what they hell how is this team ever going to do anything without a defense or an offense who cant beat a good defense i must be missing something. Its okay though Marvin can coach us to another 8-8 season or under and he will still be ok cause he is cinci. savior and all, these stupid mistakes make me sick i guess we found out this team isnt all that i guess.

Snerdy is off the hook. Please carry on.

I hope.

They'll get better, but it's hard to see them going to the playoffs.

This team hasn't been good for some time now.