Ravens@Bengals Game Thread

combatbengal

I think I spent the whole of Q4 with my back turned to my 60" hi-def plasma because I just could not watch...

Well if you're not going to use it, set it out on the curb and I'll come by and pick it up. :rolleyes:

I have plasma envy...Mine is only 42"....

:D

It was my toy when I moved. Me, my wife, my kid all got one "gimme" last year. They got cherried-out laptops, I got the big tube. Gotta have your priorities, eh? :lol:

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Run game would have been there if Carson had been on. That's what's really scary: imagine if he has hit the 6 or 8 throws he was just a touch off on? Yeah I know it was Balti but still if the D keeps playing with this intensity and the O gets its sh*t together (and it's still early)...all I can say is that Indy and New England can suck our dorks, y'know?

To an extent, but I still expect him to get a couple of yards even if the D is stacking 8 in the box. We really did have O-line troubles tonight - though your point is illustrated to an extent when the Ravens went 7 in the box at the end and the run game got a little better - but not much.

Fact is, we really need the O-line to get healthy because we can't depend on utter domination from our defense every week. Although if they want to prove that statement wrong, I'm totally OK with that.

I still can't believe this game. What a crazy way to start 2007.

I agree completely. All I'm saying is that the O was thisclose. Just imagine. And the D...WTF...even given the opposing O they just rocked. Forget the turnovers and calls and whatever, did you see them tackle? Our defense had pretty solid tackling tonight. Let me repeat that in he all caps it deserves: OUR DEFENSE TACKLED. WTF is up with that? Our D doesn't tackle. But tonight...

Ah well. Deep breath. Week one. On to Cleveland. :cheers:

I just couldn't help myself, and surfed over to the Raven fan forum, and they are crediting the loss on the refs. Yeah...sure. Like all those turnovers had nothing to do with it. ;)

I don't blame them for being mad, and it was a horrible call, but the karma part of me? The part that remembers that non-call interference where Housh was interfered with at the end of the game in Baltimore last year that cut off the Bengals' comeback? That part is fine with this evening of bad calls on the celestial scale...

I'll be sure to point that out to them! B)

This was definately the type of game that the Bengals usually lose...it sure feels nice to be on the other side this time. How many times have calls like the one on Heap, or the freaky interception by Myers been against us? ...to many. The curse has lifted.

No kidding.

First browns fan I talked to acted as though it was a 'gimmie' win to the Bengals, and they should have lost, blah blah.

Just look at last year, we should have been in the playoffs if it weren't for a psycho ref.

Run game would have been there if Carson had been on. That's what's really scary: imagine if he has hit the 6 or 8 throws he was just a touch off on? Yeah I know it was Balti but still if the D keeps playing with this intensity and the O gets its sh*t together (and it's still early)...all I can say is that Indy and New England can suck our dorks, y'know?

To an extent, but I still expect him to get a couple of yards even if the D is stacking 8 in the box. We really did have O-line troubles tonight - though your point is illustrated to an extent when the Ravens went 7 in the box at the end and the run game got a little better - but not much.

Fact is, we really need the O-line to get healthy because we can't depend on utter domination from our defense every week. Although if they want to prove that statement wrong, I'm totally OK with that.

I still can't believe this game. What a crazy way to start 2007.

I agree completely. All I'm saying is that the O was thisclose. Just imagine. And the D...WTF...even given the opposing O they just rocked. Forget the turnovers and calls and whatever, did you see them tackle? Our defense had pretty solid tackling tonight. Let me repeat that in he all caps it deserves: OUR DEFENSE TACKLED. WTF is up with that? Our D doesn't tackle. But tonight...

Ah well. Deep breath. Week one. On to Cleveland. :cheers:

It was one of the most aggressive D's I've seen in those parts in awhile.How about THAT CONSISTENT PRESSURE ON THE QB!!!!!!

No kidding.

First browns fan I talked to acted as though it was a 'gimmie' win to the Bengals, and they should have lost, blah blah.

Just look at last year, we should have been in the playoffs if it weren't for a psycho ref.

Which psycho ref - the bizarre roughing the passer call on Justin on a *tackle*!?! Or one of the other hose jobs?

Ah, got to get over it. We did get some lucky calls - I thought the INT for Jumpy was coming back too - but I'll take it.

I think I spent the whole of Q4 with my back turned to my 60" hi-def plasma because I just could not watch...

Well if you're not going to use it, set it out on the curb and I'll come by and pick it up. :rolleyes:

1. It's mine eff you. 2. You are welcome at my place any time & the booze is one me :cheers:

Just don't let Billy drive afterwards, eh?

No prob. I have this new guy I call if I'm too plastered to drive...let me check the biz card here...yeah...R. McNeal...got us covered...:lol:

Actually, that's R&R Cabs.

As in Reggie and Reggie

As in McNeal and Rembert

1. It's mine eff you. 2. You are welcome at my place any time & the booze is one me :cheers:

Just don't let Billy drive afterwards, eh?

No prob. I have this new guy I call if I'm too plastered to drive...let me check the biz card here...yeah...R. McNeal...got us covered...:lol:

Actually, that's R&R Cabs.

As in Reggie and Reggie

As in McNeal and Rembert

:lmao:

WHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWH

DEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODE

WHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWH

DEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODE

DEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEY(RAVENS SUCK BUG NUTS)WHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWH

DEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEYWHODEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There were so many turnovers I can't remember who all caused them. I think, Mike Myers, Robert Geathers, Leon Hall a couple times, Justin Smith I think, LANDON JOHNSON, & probably everyone else I forget. 2-0 Next week against the cr@p staines.

WhoDey!!!

A big ... BIG ... win. This gives us the much needed real shot (uh, better happen) at a 2-0 start that we so desperately needed this year. Heck, I recall thinking a 2-2 start going into the bye-week would be just fine by me. This win makes that a must at this point. If they hold their own, and even pull an upset somewhere, hey, who knows? A key win anyway you look at it. If there ever was an important game to start a season, then I think this was it. And we came out on the right side of it. It's a great feeling for a change.

Did anyone see Bilicks post game "boo-hoo-hoo" about the end of the game? :lol: Watching him snivel and whine on National TV was just about as good as watching the Bengals win earlier! :bengal:

Yeah I saw that. Wah wah wah we waz robbed...blah blah blah...well, Brain u will have a rematch on your turf in 8 weeks...don't weorry the Bengals will be there... :rockon:

It was one of the most aggressive D's I've seen in those parts in awhile.How about THAT CONSISTENT PRESSURE ON THE QB!!!!!!

I know I'm kidding myself, but now that we see the defensive aggression cranked up outrageously and instantly, as if a button had been pushed, maybe we can all agree that the preseason doesn't mean a damn thing.

Seriously, it would collectively save us all alot of angst and a million keystrokes if we could learn that lesson before next preseason rolls around.

I'm just saying....

I know I'm kidding myself, but now that we see the defensive aggression cranked up outrageously and instantly, as if a button had been pushed, maybe we can all agree that the preseason doesn't mean a damn thing.

I'll wait a few more games before totally relenting on where I stood before, but I must say you're beginning to look...(God I hate to say this)...right. ;)

Seriously, it would collectively save us all alot of angst and a million keystrokes if we could learn that lesson before next preseason rolls around.

I'm just saying....

Yeah, and I'm just sayin'..h.ey, the D did good tonight...against an offense that...well...was not exactly loaded with Montana and Rice..

Meanwhile, the O strugged to squeeze out a fart into the end zone.

Defense had a good game, but if the Bengals are going anywhere they need the O to take off. U and I both pointed to the O last year and they struggled mightily today.

We need Henry or Chris Perry back bad...and as soon as possible.

I'll wait a few more games before totally relenting on where I stood before, but I must say you're beginning to look...(God I hate to say this)...right. ;)

To be perfectly fair, I think you'll see a more conservative scheme the moment the Bengals feel like their talent doesn't match up very well with the opposition...or when facing a QB more mobile than Mcnair. But after a steady diet of vanilla it was a welcome relief to see endless blitzing coming from everywhere.

Not that it matters much, but why does Palmer always take a knee when someone is offsides?

Its a free play is all I'm saying....

That's been a pet peeve of mine for several years now. I'm actually old enough to remember Fran Tarkenton describe how the Vikings had a play drawn up for just such occasions. No matter what the original play call was, run or pass, the QB would call for an immediate snap while the wideouts all ran deep routes and the RB's pass blocked.

Bombs away...with no threat of an interception....instead of 5 yards.

Edit: Just read the explanation about the O-line usually being out of sorts, and it makes sense as back in the day there wasn't nearly as much motion.

I'm just saying....

Yeah, and I'm just sayin'..h.ey, the D did good tonight...against an offense that...well...was not exactly loaded with Montana and Rice..

Meanwhile, the O strugged to squeeze out a fart into the end zone.

Defense had a good game, but if the Bengals are going anywhere they need the O to take off. U and I both pointed to the O last year and they struggled mightily today.

We need Henry or Chris Perry back bad...and as soon as possible.

Two things. The Bengals offense was matched against one of the finest defenses in the NFL and managed a couple of scores despite being very clearly off it's game. Which brings me to point #2, that being....none of us have any idea what this team will look like in week 4 or 6 or 8.

More than anything this team needs to get healthy, and if it does then it may have a chance to flash some of the timing that is very clearly missing. But that's something that will be determined another day. Tonight, we can take some small measure of comfort that the defense flashed a little something something and actually out hit a team that prides itself on toughness and physical play. That's a pretty good start, right?

All things considered I'm perfectly happy having watched the Bengals survive THAT game.

Indiana Jones and Skyler Green are the ST's bright spots.

Defense finally showed some fire and quickness, still need some work on being in the correct spots.

Offense looked as if the entire O-line was injured (as it was)

Guy-check still looks like a turnstile, Steponovich looks worse.

Rudi looks as if the number of carries the last three seasons maybe catching up to him.

Palmer almost lost this game with his inaccurate throws, and lack of chemistry with Tab.

Graham is my MVP of the game for sticking with it, after every kick you could just see the pain he was enduring for the team.

Dont overlook the Brownies.

Brat is one of the worst O-Coordinators at calling a game that I have seen that does not coach at Michigan.

I cant remember the last game that the Bengals defense won, almost completely by themselves, it is a good feeling.