Ravens@Bengals Game Thread

combatbengal

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, the def was amazing. That's the best they've played in a long time. Carson and the WR need to work out some more. They were off key last night. Carson had pretty good protection too. The kicking game needs to be addressed. Great game! a win is a win. 1-0. 9 to 11 more and we're in the playoffs.

Everyone keeps saying that Rudi looks like he's slowing down, but I've thought the exact opposite from the carries I've seen this year.

Am I alone here?

He may not have gotten any crazy yardage last night, but that was due to a good defense, not a slow running back.

No, you're not alone. Too often Rudi was simply trying to get back to the LOS after finding Raven defenders three and four yards deep in the backfield. Had Palmer been more accurate last night you might have seen the Bengals counter by passing the ball to Rudi more often, but...(voice trals off)

I give the Ravens defense credit for accomplishing several of it's goals...including stuffing Rudi. Most teams won't be able to mange what the Ravens did. And along those same lines, with the exception of one extremely critical play they also managed to take the preeminenet Raven-killer....Housh!!!!...almost entirely out of the game. But they didn't have much of an answer for Chad and didn't come close to managing the kind of pass rush they needed, something that should be taken into account before we throw the offensive line under the bus.

LOLOLOLOLOL @ the Ravens!

How bad is it when you have to take out your QB and put Kyle Boller in?

If McNair can't carry their offense to at least mediocrity, and they have to depend on Boller, the ravens are DONE!

Also, they lost to the Bengals yet again. After losing to the Colts last year. Hmm, is this a weakness I see in the Ravens D? They can't play against great offenses? Further proof that those picking the Ravens as the obvious choice to win the AFC North might want to reconsider.

If McNair can't carry their offense to at least mediocrity, and they have to depend on Boller, the ravens are DONE!

Also, they lost to the Bengals yet again. After losing to the Colts last year. Hmm, is this a weakness I see in the Ravens D? They can't play against great offenses? Further proof that those picking the Ravens as the obvious choice to win the AFC North might want to reconsider.

I wouldn't call it a weakness in the Ravens D. Overall, the Ravens defense played very well last night. Still, even the best defenses in the league can't completely shut down the best offenses...it's a nearly impossible help. They have to get some help from their own offense, which as we all saw last night, never came close to happening.

I'm not sure that Boller isn't the better QB right now.

McNair looked old old old and slow slow slow last night. In particular on that first fumble where he missed the handoff to Maghee, it looked to me like McNair just couldn't get to the handoff point fast enough.

both Teams played crappy last night. 4 turnovers by the Ravens in the first 11 minutes of the game and all the Bengals get from those turnovers is 9 points? McGahee had more carries and rushing yards then Johnson, the Ravens recieving core had more yardage than the Bengal recieving core and the wo ints. for the Bengals came from their D line. http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?season=2007&...p;game_id=29209 . The Bengals keep playing like this and do not change their LB core and DBs' it will be a long and disappointing season for them and thier fans.

BTW Chad's "celebration" was W-E-A-K.

If the Ref has called it right it was technically pass interference on the DB (jackson i believe) and the Ravens should have tied it at that point. I have written to the NFL to ask them to review that play and snaction the ref that made that call.

both Teams played crappy last night. 4 turnovers by the Ravens in the first 11 minutes of the game and all the Bengals get from those turnovers is 9 points? McGahee had more carries and rushing yards then Johnson, the Ravens recieving core had more yardage than the Bengal recieving core and the wo ints. for the Bengals came from their D line. <ahref=&quot;http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?season=2007&week=REG1&game_id=29209"GAME STATS</a>. The Bengals keep playing like this and do not change their LB core and DBs' it will be a long and disappointing season for them and thier fans.

BTW Chad's "celebration" was W-E-A-K.

my analysis is accurate. Stats are from NFL.com and Johnsosn's celebrations have been better.

The Ravens D is A LOT better than the Bengals D. We need to worry about how to improve our D up to par to the likes of the Ravens, the Chargers, the Steelers and the Bears.

Who are you a fan of? In one post you talk about sending an email to the NFL about a call in the Bengals favor, then you talk as if you are a Bengals fan who thinks the defense needs to improve. I'm so confused!

And right now I could careless about that call, because it only makes up for the bad call in Baltimore last year that cost the Bengals that game and what would have put them in the Playoffs.

I'm no fan of Boller, but if the QBs go down, then the Ravens lose much less than the Bengals

I found that odd, the Ravens are usually quite effective in protecting the ball.

Both teams played like C-R-A-P. the Ravens had 4 turnovers in the first 11 minutes of the game and al l the Bengals could get from it was 9 ponts? McGahee had more carries and rushing yards then Rudi. The Ravens recieving core had more yardage than the Bengals recieving core did. The Bengals 2 INTS came from the D line, not the DBs'.

Both teams played like C-R-A-P. the Ravens had 4 turnovers in the first 11 minutes of the game and al l the Bengals could get from it was 9 ponts? McGahee had more carries and rushing yards then Rudi. The Ravens recieving core had more yardage than the Bengals recieving core did. The Bengals 2 INTS came from the D line, not the DBs'.

I wouldn't say the Bengals played like "crap" at all. The defense played great. They were gang-tackling, being agressive, blitzing, and causing turnovers. Couldn't ask for much more. The offense was a little out of synch, but they did manage to score twenty points on the best defense in the NFL.

McGahee had 19 carries for 77 yards ( the second level(the LBs)) are not stopping the run as effective as they could be. Mason was 7/77, Williams was 3/55 and McGahee was 3/34(again the second level not stopping the backs).

I wouldn't say the Bengals played like "crap" at all. The defense played great. They were gang-tackling, being agressive, blitzing, and causing turnovers. Couldn't ask for much more. The offense was a little out of synch, but they did manage to score twenty points on the best defense in the NFL.

I don't like the Ravens any moreor any less than the Bengals , I am a Charger fan, actually. I am just calling it like it is.

I don't like the Ravens any moreor any less than the Bengals , I am a Charger fan, actually. I am just calling it like it is.

Charger fan huh, now if you want to talk about a team playing like crap we can start with the Charger-Bears game.

Oh well, now the Ravens are 0-1..too bad. cry a freaking river....you are nothing but a whinging complainer who can face the fact that your team blew the most chunks on National TV.

Also, come back and update us when the NFL starts including useless stats like rushing yards and "who" got the INT's in the Win-Loss column....

to remind you again....0-1.

If the Ref has called it right it was technically pass interference on the DB (jackson i believe) and the Ravens should have tied it at that point. I have written to the NFL to ask them to review that play and snaction the ref that made that call.

Perhaps they'll drown the offending ref in a bucket of your tears.

Here's a bet. Later in the week the head of NFL refs will appear on the NFL Network, the play will be reviewed, and the head ref will calmly point out what you don't know. Namely, Heap doesn't have to push off in the slightest to be guilty of pass interference. All he has to do is reach out and make contact that prevents the defender from closing.

That he did.