Ravens@Bengals Game Thread

combatbengal

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The most amazing football game I've seen in years. I'm absolutely drained.

Epic goalline stand.

And yet again, another defensive win.

I wouldn't say yet again, but tonight they stepped up. I'm officially off their back. Promise.

UN-FARKIN-BELIEVABLE GAME

The Geathers interception was I think the greatest defensive play I have ever seen made by a Bengal.....

Bottom line though......my god......it's good to be good, but sometimes it's better to be lucky. We had a LOT of good luck that game, most notably the touchdown by Heap that was called back.

One other thing: recall that I voted that the running game was what I was most worried about, and I was loudly decried for this.......

Just imagine how this offense will be once they get Willie, Levi, and Ghiacic healthy...then everyone is where they are supposed to be! If the defense can play as good as this all year, they just might win 12 games

I'm fine with Willie or Levi,Whitworth played good imo it was scott who played like crap.

I just couldn't help myself, and surfed over to the Raven fan forum, and they are crediting the loss on the refs. Yeah...sure. Like all those turnovers had nothing to do with it. ;)

This is why go by something marvin said awhile back you can't blame a loss on the ref's if you lose because of the ref's you should have put yourself further ahead.

UN-FARKIN-BELIEVABLE GAME

The Geathers interception was I think the greatest defensive play I have ever seen made by a Bengal.....

Bottom line though......my god......it's good to be good, but sometimes it's better to be lucky. We had a LOT of good luck that game, most notably the touchdown by Heap that was called back.

One other thing: recall that I voted that the running game was what I was most worried about, and I was loudly decried for this.......

I think I spent the whole of Q4 with my back turned to my 60" hi-def plasma because I just could not watch...

Run game would have been there if Carson had been on. That's what's really scary: imagine if he has hit the 6 or 8 throws he was just a touch off on? Yeah I know it was Balti but still if the D keeps playing with this intensity and the O gets its sh*t together (and it's still early)...all I can say is that Indy and New England can suck our dorks, y'know?

A few other things to look at about the "screw job refs did"

If the Ravens scored then they do a screw job on the bengals because it kills quite abit of time we would have had,plus it's ravens own damn fault they had what 7snaps? inside the 5? :P you think that be a easy task vs our defense in the past lol./

I think I spent the whole of Q4 with my back turned to my 60" hi-def plasma because I just could not watch...

Well if you're not going to use it, set it out on the curb and I'll come by and pick it up. :rolleyes:

1. It's mine eff you. 2. You are welcome at my place any time & the booze is one me :cheers:

Well if you're not going to use it, set it out on the curb and I'll come by and pick it up. :rolleyes:

1. It's mine eff you. 2. You are welcome at my place any time & the booze is one me :cheers:

Just don't let Billy drive afterwards, eh?

Wish I coulda been there tonight. It would have been pretty damn awesome watching on that rig!

Ohhh...BTW, what kind of liquor do you stack the bar with? :wine:

No prob. I have this new guy I call if I'm too plastered to drive...let me check the biz card here...yeah...R. McNeal...got us covered...:lol:

Run game would have been there if Carson had been on. That's what's really scary: imagine if he has hit the 6 or 8 throws he was just a touch off on? Yeah I know it was Balti but still if the D keeps playing with this intensity and the O gets its sh*t together (and it's still early)...all I can say is that Indy and New England can suck our dorks, y'know?

To an extent, but I still expect him to get a couple of yards even if the D is stacking 8 in the box. We really did have O-line troubles tonight - though your point is illustrated to an extent when the Ravens went 7 in the box at the end and the run game got a little better - but not much.

Fact is, we really need the O-line to get healthy because we can't depend on utter domination from our defense every week. Although if they want to prove that statement wrong, I'm totally OK with that.

I still can't believe this game. What a crazy way to start 2007.

Believe it or not T.J. I did not have so much as one sip of alcohol tonight. I wanted to enjoy this completely sober. :sure:

Ohhh...BTW, what kind of liquor do you stack the bar with? :wine:

Tonight was weak: local microbrew (Honkers) + some white bacardi (& tanquery if you're my wife). Need to make a run for dark rum, whisky (Maker's Mark if I'm feeling rich, JB otherwise). But don't worry u won't leave unhappy! Only prob is I have to bestir my lazy butt on Saturday to stock up since this place is dry on Sunday. Lame.

Believe it or not T.J. I did not have so much as one sip of alcohol tonight. I wanted to enjoy this completely sober. :sure:

Oh trust me, it was quite enjoyable while intoxicated too. ;)

I'm sure it was. How could it not be?

I just couldn't help myself, and surfed over to the Raven fan forum, and they are crediting the loss on the refs. Yeah...sure. Like all those turnovers had nothing to do with it. ;)

I don't blame them for being mad, and it was a horrible call, but the karma part of me? The part that remembers that non-call interference where Housh was interfered with at the end of the game in Baltimore last year that cut off the Bengals' comeback? That part is fine with this evening of bad calls on the celestial scale...