Rudi ,is he good enough

Spain

We can almost all say on this board that Rudi isnt one of the best backs in the leauge. At least not yet. I so I thought why dont we break this guys game down and see what we come up with. So heres How I see Rudi.

Positives

Rudi Johnson is a very durable back who suffered last year due to a banged up line and fat ass JJ couldnt lead block. Last year wouldnt go down on first contact he will get you that extra yard. He keeps his legs moving and shoves the pile.Hard worker that has something to prove.

Negatives

For a small back he lacks football speed and moves, this guy is never going to dazzle you. No long TDS no sweet moves, no flash.

Overall

The real ? is can he put games away in the third and fourth qaurter. If he can run the clock in crunch time I have no problem with the guy. Marvin thinks he can so be it. I watched on our third qaurter bread and butter running play the power O and with JJ svelt and the line healthy they are going to be dominant.

Fantasy, You guys choose with Perry waiting in the wings it would scare me to invest in this guy because they might see a rb by comitee.

IMHO Spain

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Spain, let me quote an old Spanish proverb for ya:

Since we cannot get what we like, let us like what we get.

The Bengals like Rudi! He likes the Bengals. There have been worse matches made now hasn't there? :player:

I'm surprised "Pushy" hasn't checked in here with his 2 cents. :blink:

Is Rudi "good enough"? Of course.

Is "good enough" sufficient? Given the passing game we ought to have, yes.

Does Perry have the potential to be a better RB? Yes.

Was keeping Rudi the right move? Yes.

Did they overpay for him? No.

Did they use money they might have used on the D on Rudi? Yes.

Was this the right move? We shall see.

(That's about every discussion I've had on the subject summed up in a few sentences.)

Is Rudi "good enough"? Of course.

Is "good enough" sufficient? Given the passing game we ought to have, yes.

Does Perry have the potential to be a better RB? Yes.

Was keeping Rudi the right move? Yes.

Did they overpay for him? No.

Did they use money they might have used on the D on Rudi? Yes.

Was this the right move? We shall see.

(That's about every discussion I've had on the subject summed up in a few sentences.)

Copy | Paste from notepad? B)

people reallllly take for granted a runningback that's going to get you 1450+ yards and stay healthy for all 16 games... :rolleyes:

no ones taking anything for granted. i just see an ability to improve and i dont think rudi has that ability to be a great back. I hope perry makes up for what rudi lacks.

OK Billy Ill do you one better(you play the hands thats dealt you) I see your point.

:lol: Cómo es esta España, azotaré los refranes "españoles" en usted, y usted puede azotar al "americano" unos en mí. ¿Reparto? ¡Garantizo a alguien que va a aprender algo antes de que éste encima!

Ouch! That hurt my head.

Running Backs in the NFL are about the system that they play in. You have few "special" running backs in the league. You can't tell me that Rudi isn't any better than Curtis Martin. People say the same thing about Curtis Martin but look at his stats, Martin doesn't wow you with breakaway speed or moves, he gets the job done, and that is what Rudi does gets the job done.

We could do alot worse, there was a time where the Bengals couldn't find a running back to run for a hundred yards before Corey Dillon got here.

Rudi ain't LT, he ain't Deuce or Edge or any other backs you want to compare him too, but for the Bengals system he is a perfect fit.

Why is Rudi not one of the best backs in the League? Because he isn't flashy? The guy put up some big numbers last year. I look for him to have an even bigger year. Long runs? Ask the Browns and Denver about that.

He is, unless you're a spoiled Dillon fan/Rudi hater who is used to a guy who has 3 big flashy carries a game of 50+ yards to please them. (and then trips on 3rd and 1 at the goal line). :)

I am a big fan of Rudi. While he was at Auburn I thought he was very productive. I was very happy when the Bengals drafted him. I knew it was a matter of time before he gets out there and now we are seeing that.

With that said, keep an eye out on Quincy Wilson, Chris Perry may be a first round pick. But from what I have been reading Quincy Wilson has been impressing people in camp.

For a small back

Are you serious? He's a power back who weighs 220! Shiftiness isn't his game. He's the type of running back who is going to hit you in the mouth, and I've heard that he has gained some shiftiness in the offseason thus far. The guy's game is comparable to Corey Dillion, which is a good thing, because he is a good running back without all of the baggage. And, like 2k7 said, he is the perfect running back for this team. Stop complaining, Rudi isn't just fine, he's good.

If I remember correctly Rudi broke the Bengals single-season record (Dillon's record). How can anyone say he's not good enough? James Brooks, Ickey Woods and Corey Dillon are the names you think of in Bengals history. Rudi has already proven to be more productive than any of these guys. Of course that is on the ground and according to stats only, but still that has to count for something. In Marvin I trust.

Is he Dillon ?? No... He does however, do what we need him to do and as stated earlier, he loves being here and the fans love him to. God, how soon people forget how s**tty things have been around here, to be complaining about a guy who produces on the field and loves the City and Organization. Rudi=Jerk ?? Get the F**K outta here !!! Again, he does what he is asked with a smile on his face and I for one am looking forward to seeing him and Perry in the backfield. Am I the only one who looks at this situation as a good thing ?? I don't see it as who is going to be the starter of the future, (I would assume the better back would be) but how great of a tandem it will be with their different styles. Couple that with our receiving corps and it's f**king on !!!

WHODEY !!!

Marvin states in his interveiw that Rudi is being counted on Rudi to kill the clock in the foruth. He also mentions some no rbs formation with two tes and 3 wrs. Just by reading tea leaves I would guess team is going to be pass happy. So if our emphasis is going to Palmer and the boys then he might not get so many yards this year. Especialy if he and Perry are spliting duty.

Ive never been a real big fan of the RBs by comitee but you cant argue against the games that these backfeilds have won. Perry and Rudi how do you think they would stack up against Bettis and who ever he shares time with. Do you think Rudi can come on and wear a D down and kill the clock.

How ever some fantasy fans could get hit big time on this guy if Perry can get himself on the field.

Just by reading tea leaves I would guess team is going to be pass happy.

All NFL teams are "pass happy." For better or worse, pro football has become a passing-driven sport.

Do you think Rudi can come on and wear a D down and kill the clock.

Yes. He should excel in that role.