Rudi ,is he good enough

Spain

LOL, now he "shattered" the record? Sorry, i dont think 19 yards qualifies as "Shattering" Especially when it took him 46 extra carries to get those 19 yards. You are funny. No, it wasnt close to shattering, i think what you were looking for was "Squeaked by", in fact, Corey Dillon had more total yards in his team record year then RJ did in his.

To 7/11:

1. Watch the games. Most of his carries came when Faulk had already worn teams down, and most of his longer runs came with big enough openings that even someone as slow as Rudi Johnson could of gained 10+ on them. Jackson is going to be a poor mans eddie george. He might be a ok starter for a few years, but not close to first rount talent or pro bowl level.

2. Travis Minor sucks for 100% of the games.

3. ...ok...

4. Find one place that rates him top 10, i have never seen him top 10, hes somewhere between 12 and 17.

Big Orange:

Marvin Lewis cuts RJ a check? This is new to me. When did he become GM and president of the team? Another sign of the stupidity on these forums, fans actually think Marvin Lewis has the final say on personel decisions and contracts.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, now he "shattered" the record? Sorry, i dont think 19 yards qualifies as "Shattering" Especially when it took him 46 extra carries to get those 19 yards.

Don't laugh so quickly, at the current rate it would take Chris Perry 23 seasons of work to get 46 carries. Sheesh, that's probably 20 seasons longer than his entire NFL career will last.

If you don't think ML is not only "a voice" but "the strongest voice" in who comes, stays, and leaves then you are just absolutely clueless. Marvin has a vison for everything from #1 draft picks to the ceiling tiles at PBS.

"Fans", you call me a fan!!!!...Well, yes I am a fan...which is more than I can say for you...you're a critic...a writer without a column...a begrudged agent without a client...a political consultant without a party or a cause, unless you call rooting for former players and bashing current ones.

I know who you are...you're the guy who caught Dillon's stuff as he graciously left the field in a fond farewell. You thought we forced him out...no, no, no he wanted to leave (didn't you hear?). He saw this was no longer going to be a one pony town that worshipped him and we were going to start playing a team sport, damn us!

LOL, now he "shattered" the record? Sorry, i dont think 19 yards qualifies as "Shattering" Especially when it took him 46 extra carries to get those 19 yards. You are funny. No, it wasnt close to shattering, i think what you were looking for was "Squeaked by", in fact, Corey Dillon had more total yards in his team record year then RJ did in his.

To 7/11:

1. Watch the games. Most of his carries came when Faulk had already worn teams down, and most of his longer runs came with big enough openings that even someone as slow as Rudi Johnson could of gained 10+ on them. Jackson is going to be a poor mans eddie george. He might be a ok starter for a few years, but not close to first rount talent or pro bowl level.

2. Travis Minor sucks for 100% of the games.

3. ...ok...

4. Find one place that rates him top 10, i have never seen him top 10, hes somewhere between 12 and 17.

Big Orange:

Marvin Lewis cuts RJ a check? This is new to me. When did he become GM and president of the team? Another sign of the stupidity on these forums, fans actually think Marvin Lewis has the final say on personel decisions and contracts.

you gotta be kiddin me with the steven jackson stuff. when, last year, did marshall faulk "wear teams down"? never, that's why jackson played...to wear teams down. i watched the majority of the rams games last year, b/c i thought that steven jackson was by far the best RB to come out last year and i'm a big fan of his...i'm not sure now with julius jones, but steven jackson will be a stud, dude...no doubt about it. the rams line wasn't that great, either, so it wasn't a matter of big openings.

Another sign of the stupidity on these forums, fans actually think Marvin Lewis has the final say on personel decisions and contracts.

Are you claiming that Marvin Lewis isn't able to start his preferred running back due to the interference of others?

If true, and it isn't, then we all owe thanks to the person that keeps preventing Marvin Lewis from further damaging his reputation by letting Rudi Johnson leave.

And I say further damage his reputation only because it was somebodies decision to waste a 1st round draft pick on a complete chump like Chris Perry.

Warning: This post contains sarcasm.

And no one has adressed him being the league leader in Stuffs this year. By a pretty good sized margin.

Sorry to bring up an "old" "boring" thread :P

But I did address that with my post.

Rudi is 10th on the Bengals all-time rushing list after only 21 starts.

He just takes the ball and doesn`t complain.

Even when the Bengals drafted a RB in the 1st round of Rudi`s contract year.

All he did was go out and break the franchise rushing yardage and carries

records.

AND Tied the record for most 100 yard games in a season (5).

He did all of this with a banged up O-Line, a "rookie" QB, and played

11 games against top 10 Defenses.

Plus he was missing the best blocking WR the Bengals have (Warrick).

BTW, RJ and Dillon both fumbled 4 times this year.

Rudi has 593 career carries. He has had 4 fumbles.

That equals out to 1 fumble every 148.25 carries.

Dillon has 2210 career carries. He has had 25 fumbles.

That equals out to 1 fumble every 88.4 carries.

Dillon in 2004 averaged a fumble every 85.25 carries.

Rudi in 2004 averaged a fumble a fumble every 90.25 carries.

Dillon was playing on a team that had a 2 time Super Bowl MVP.

Rudi was playing on a team that had a QB that had never taken

a snap in the NFL...

thats not good showing rudy's total carries vs his fumble stat. he had 4 fumbles last year...that is high. im hoping he decreases that total this year.

The numbers are what they are. The prove that Rudi has fumbled far less than Corey Dillon has, and Dillon wasn't exactly known as a fumbler, but they also point out that Rudi fumbled at a higher rate last season than previously...probably due to the workload or being a featured but targeted part of the offense. I'd say it's something worth keeping an eye on, but inadequate grounds to claim that Rudi is fumble-prone. And if that's not the point being debated then I fail to see why it's being discussed at all.

So make out of the stats what you will, but before you go off try to remember that last season Chad Johnson had 11 dropped passes. One season prior he had but a single dropped pass. So where's the post entitled..."Chad, is he good enough?"