Rudi ,is he good enough

Spain

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And because he's not amongst the elite at one task then he must be inadequate at his job, right?

Well, we're certainly on the rag this a.m., hmmm? I recommend a double shot of Wild Turkey in your next cup of coffee...mite help take the edge off. B)

Sorry, but this is a tired rant that just seems to keep popping up because some Bengals fans are blatantly stupid.

Too harsh?

Well, I tried to think of another way to put it but that's the way it keeps coming out.

Yup, blatantly stupid. I admit it's an ugly description for our situation, but I think it's accurate when a bunch of Bengal dipshids, chitheels, and shidfabrains start questioning whether Rudi Johnson is good enough to be this teams starting RB.

The time for debate has passed.

The time for one more stupid stat is long passed.

The time for polite conversation is over.

If there are those amongst us who still question whether Rudi is good enough to start then we just need to face facts and come to grips with the idea that there are fugtards amongst us, and we're all making a mistake by pretending otherwise.

If there are those amongst us who still question whether Rudi is good enough to start then we just need to face facts and come to grips with the idea that there are fugtards amongst us, and we're all making a mistake by pretending otherwise.

Nicely put... well actually, not very nicely at all, but I agree nonetheless.

If people want to think Rudi is no good... let them.. who cares? If they rather follow Corey Dillon with the Pats... then let them. I think we can safely assume that people like this are not a fan of the Bengals team, but of individual players. If he wants to be a Corey Dillon fan... fine! Who cares? I won't pull for Dillon, because I am loyal to the Bengals, regardless of who we keep or trade away.

Fact is, there are always people who are going to have certain opinions that defy reason. This topic has long since been exhausted. No one is going to convince DPM that Rudi deserves to be in the NFL.

DPM isn't going to convince me or anyone else that Rudi sucks, so what's the point of continuing the conversation? There is nothing left to say that hasn't been said, and even if there was, I don't really care to hear it. (sorry if this sounds like complaining Big O)

Hey Shankster,

Don't worry about it...we are all just sitting around dying for the tiniest dribble of Bengals news and when a little something comes out we are like children pushing our faces under the faucet.

I'm sorry about the Browns comment...I take it back...better you can't read it. Probably nobody can sense it's been so long since I've sritten much portugeuse.

We could get into an arguement about almost anything these days as the news isn't enough for any of us to live...

Anyone want to talk about Spain's spelling...

How about wake up Captain Kirk and tell him Hillary is the favorite in '08...

Or you can start a Tsunami with Billy and tell him Jesus is the only God (I love that guy) and organized religion is better than Oreo's...

I'm just awfuly thankful for who we got...it wasn't long ago where Corey was all we had...now we have more, and it's nice

Its as ive always said, he is garbage throughout the game, then breaks a few semi long ones in the 4th quarter when the game is pretty much decided anyway. hes not an effective RB

Yes, he is, and you've just shown why. He becomes increasinghly effective as the game goes on and his constant battering wears down the opposing defense. That's the modus operandi of wrecking ball-style backs. And late in the game is precisely when you want you running game to peak, because it allows you to control the clock. As for our games being "pretty much decided" in the fourth, what team were you watching last year? (Oh, yeah, the Patsies <_< ) We didn't have any blowouts. Too many times out games weren't decided until a Graham kick sailed through the uprights at the gun.

Our strategy is build a lead with the pass and then protect it with the run. Rudi, as you just demonstrated, is fine for that role.

You can continue to make excuses for him, but i would rather have a RB who can perform consistently well through entire games, rather then one who sucks for 80% of the game and then just shows up for the end to pad his stats.

And no one has adressed him being the league leader in Stuffs this year. By a pretty good sized margin.

Oh and to whoever brought up Kevin Jones, all the way leading up till the draft i was talking about how great he was going to be, and really hoped the bengals would take him, even when some fans foolishly wanted Steven Jackson (Most knew the RB position needed an upgrade), Perry wasnt my first choice, but he was definitly better then Jackson, and better then being stuck with RJ!

Sorry, but this is a tired rant that just seems to keep popping up because some Bengals fans are blatantly stupid.

Too harsh?

Well, I tried to think of another way to put it but that's the way it keeps coming out.

Personally, I just chalk it up to us being waaaaaay late in the offseason. At this point, just about every topic has been hashed out ad naeuseum. And it's only gotten worse the last couple years, since marvin's arrival has deprived us of our annual late spring/early summer entertainment of watching Mikey botch signing the top pick again. :lol:

And no one has adressed him being the league leader in Stuffs this year. By a pretty good sized margin.

Again, it isn't absolute numbers that tell the tale. The real comparision is stuffs per carry. Using the same four guys he was tied with in long runs, it breaks down like this:

Edge: stuffed on 8.7% of carries

Barber: 10.5%

Rudi: 11.6%

Jones: 12.4%

Rudi's high absolute number of stuffs just reflects that he had more carries than the other guys. Per carry, he doesn't get stuffed any more often.

Proving exactly what? Dillon always ranked highly on that list when he was running behind the Bengals O-line. Now he runs behind another O-line. Amazingly his replacement is having the same problems Bengal backs always seem to have while Dillon's averge gain per carry suddenly improved the moment he started pretending like he gave a crap again? Well, what a shocker.

Again, if you're a Bengal fan who finds himself whining about whether Rudi Johnson should be considered a quality NFL starting RB then you've got some big problems....the least of which deal with your complete inability to recognize a quality RB who has bailed your favorite team out for two seasons in a row.

Morons. Idiots. Fugtards. (You know who you are.)

Personally, I just chalk it up to us being waaaaaay late in the offseason. At this point, just about every topic has been hashed out ad naeuseum.

Silly me, I was tempted to write a post the other day commenting on the increased amount of news and activity that has occured this offseason. Seems like far more interest in the Bengals from the media, a rare free agent chase or two, very unusual moves like adding talent in the supplemental draft being considered by the front office, several short term decisions playing out that have the potential to have huge long-term impact, and in general more competition at vital positions creating even more potentially interesting roster moves in the near future.

Plenty of yammer potential involved in those topics as well as hundreds of others, yet when things slow down the default thread always seems to involve some slack-jawed mouth breather popping off about how mediocre Rudi Johnson is, and how Chris Perry is about to renew his assault on the NFL rushing record now that he's declared himself 60% healthy.

Don't laugh, it COULD happen. Chris Perry is that good. Chris Perry got an entire yard running with the ball last season...so who amongst us is so bold to say he can't get another whole yard rushing this season? In fact, he's probably better than Rudi as long as you're living in some bizarre left-handed alternative universe where up is down, yes is no, and doctors have found a cure for rampant vaginitis and yeast infections in backup NFL runningbacks.

Naw, Spain...Me and the Shankster are friends again...

Fugtard, huh...I'd like one of those deep-friend, I think...or don't I?

Ad nauseum, huh Joisey...at least in the lull of news we make up for it in fancy words...You're a writer Joisey, and don't let anyone tell you differently.

Here's a stat no one can argue with...98% of the Bengals fans in the seats love the Rudi story...coming out of the basement (3rd string), making the best of the opprotunity at hand, signing with us for 5 years, and giving us a ton of fun chanting his name as he runs (however well or poorly) down the field.

He's a part of the fabric of our team now...he'll prbably be here for years to come. He has his mlimitations, but overall most of us are tickled orange to have him.

Chris Perry is about to renew his assault on the NFL rushing record now that he's declared himself 60% healthy.

AAAAAAHAHAHAHA

You're my hero. Maybe we can have a baby and call it The Big Orange Hair On Fire.

Rudi's high absolute number of stuffs just reflects that he had more carries than the other guys. Per carry, he doesn't get stuffed any more often.

Speaking of stats, didja know that Chris Perry was stuffed on 50% of his rushing attempts last season?

It's true.

Big play Chris Perry was stuffed half of the time he was handed the ball.

But don't panic because it's really not as bad as it sounds.

Because Chris Perry managed to gain two yards on the play he broke loose on.

It's true. And I've been told that lesser backs drafted outside of the 1st round would have been lucky to gain half that much on that play. I guess that explains why Perry was so highly regarded.....by others.

TRIVIA: In this very thread speculation can be found about when the Bengals may cut Chris Perry. What's your guess?

Personally, I just chalk it up to us being waaaaaay late in the offseason. At this point, just about every topic has been hashed out ad naeuseum.

Silly me, I was tempted to write a post the other day commenting on the increased amount of news and activity that has occured this offseason.

But ya didn't, did ya? So basically, you can't be bothered to add what you would consider valuable, non-talked-to-death content to the board...while at the same time you can't stop bitching about a thread you consider worthless?

That's a little...fugtard-esque...don't ya think? :huh:

Speaking of stats, didja know that Chris Perry was stuffed on 50% of his rushing attempts last season?

It's true.

Big play Chris Perry was stuffed half of the time he was handed the ball.

But don't panic because it's really not as bad as it sounds.

Because Chris Perry managed to gain two yards on the play he broke loose on.

It's true. And I've been told that lesser backs drafted outside of the 1st round would have been lucky to gain half that much on that play. I guess that explains why Perry was so highly regarded.....by others.

TRIVIA: In this very thread speculation can be found about when the Bengals may cut Chris Perry. What's your guess?

ML: He’s only frustrated because people talk about him for no reason. That’s where his only frustration comes. He can’t miraculously make himself well. All he did was get hurt. He played great for us when he got a chance to play, before he hurt his abdominal muscles. Before that, he played outstanding. He did great things for us. Enough said.

GH: If he’s healthy, he’s a big factor in the passing game, isn’t he?

ML: A big factor in everything. He’s one of the most talented guys we have in this building. He has an opportunity to compete with Kenny, Rudi, all of them to see who the best guys are.

But of coarse, you know better then he would.

But ya didn't, did ya? So basically, you can't be bothered to add what you would consider valuable, non-talked-to-death content to the board...while at the same time you can't stop bitching about a thread you consider worthless?

That's a little...fugtard-esque...don't ya think? :huh:

Probably. But remember, as a devoted pagan it is my duty to engage in whatever behavior I desire completely guilt-free.

That said, there's no hypocrisy at work here. I'm not the bored dipshid who decided to bash Rudi just because it was a slow day on the internet. And I'm not the fugtard who ignores a whole host of stats that don't support the argument that I've cleverly crafted around a single stat of dubious importance.

Nope, I'm the guy who likes Rudi. In fact, I'm the guy who thinks gaining nearly 1500 yards rushing in a season is enough proof to make the title of this thread blatantly stupid.

Best of all, the next time a fugtard starts a thread like this one I'll be the first guy calling the original poster a fugtard. And that's got to be worth something, ehhh?

Speaking of knowing more than the head coach, show me a quote where Marvin Lewis claims that Chris Perry deserves the starting job over Rudi Johnson and I may start to believe you may not be the dumbest poster I've ever stumbled across.

Chris Perry - Paper Tiger

Rudi Johnson - Record Holding Bengal RB

Speaking of knowing more than the head coach, show me a quote where Marvin Lewis claims that Chris Perry deserves the starting job over Rudi Johnson and I may start to believe you may not be the dumbest poster I've ever stumbled across.

Chris Perry - Paper Tiger

Rudi Johnson - Record Holding Bengal RB

ML: A big factor in everything. He’s one of the most talented guys we have in this building. He has an opportunity to compete with Kenny, Rudi, all of them to see who the best guys are.

Looks like he says it right there. I have never heard him call RJ one of the most talented guys in the building, because hes not. He also says that he has the chance to compete with Johnson. Hes not going to come out and say straight up Perry deserves to start, because thats not how coaches do things, hes gonna give him the chance to compete for the job, and expects him to win it fairly.

Corey Dillon > Chris Perry > Rudi Johnson

I think everyone knows where i stand on this one. Ill save my genius remarks for another thread.

What happened to the Pushy we know and love? Whatever happened to this Pushy?

You're right, he hasn't called him one of the most talented guys in the building. he just cuts him a check for lets see...um 5 million a year for 5 years...what's 5 millions divided by 12? $416,666.67 a month (beofre taxes and let's just pretend we don't have signing bonuses and every year they are paid the same).

I know ML didn't say he liked Rudi, but sometimes, once in a while, like around leap year, maybe, does money speak louder than words?

Its as ive always said, he is garbage throughout the game, then breaks a few semi long ones in the 4th quarter when the game is pretty much decided anyway. hes not an effective RB

Yes, he is, and you've just shown why. He becomes increasinghly effective as the game goes on and his constant battering wears down the opposing defense. That's the modus operandi of wrecking ball-style backs. And late in the game is precisely when you want you running game to peak, because it allows you to control the clock. As for our games being "pretty much decided" in the fourth, what team were you watching last year? (Oh, yeah, the Patsies <_< ) We didn't have any blowouts. Too many times out games weren't decided until a Graham kick sailed through the uprights at the gun.

Our strategy is build a lead with the pass and then protect it with the run. Rudi, as you just demonstrated, is fine for that role.

You can continue to make excuses for him, but i would rather have a RB who can perform consistently well through entire games, rather then one who sucks for 80% of the game and then just shows up for the end to pad his stats.

Oh and to whoever brought up Kevin Jones, all the way leading up till the draft i was talking about how great he was going to be, and really hoped the bengals would take him, even when some fans foolishly wanted Steven Jackson (Most knew the RB position needed an upgrade), Perry wasnt my first choice, but he was definitly better then Jackson, and better then being stuck with RJ!

Reasons i believe Don'tPushMe watches football games sitting underneath the couch and backwards-

1. steven jackson is/is going to be a great running back. he led the LEAGUE in avg. yards/carry last year, with over 5 yds a touch.

2. if sucking for 80% of the game gets you damn near 1500 yds in a season, why isn't travis minor a perrenial pro-bowler?

3. of course kevin jones was going to be great...my grandma's dog had that in his diary when jones was still in pee-wee football.

4. rudi is not a running back "we are stuck with". lol...you have some sort of ridiculous bias against this guy, man. go read some national sports forums on the web. rudi is consistently regarded as a top-10 rb. maybe rudi ran over your cat or screwed your sister or somethin, but you hate the guy for some reason and your juvenile attempts to throw him down the stairs are laughable.

5. because you don't know any better and are perhaps kind of dumb and stupid.

Looks like he says it right there. I have never heard him call RJ one of the most talented guys in the building, because hes not.

Wow, now there's a shock to the system. Who woulda thunk our own DPM could read a vague Marvin Lewis comment about Perry having the opportunity to compete with Rudi Johnson and Kenny Watson for a running back job and then jump to the unsupported conclusion that Lewis is claiming Perry should be the starter.

Marvin Lewis doesn't even make an argument that Perry should have the backup job over Kenny Watson...let alone attempt to replace the player who just shattered the single-season franchise rushing record. All Lewis is saying is that Chris Perry will get a chance to compete for a job the moment he can actually attempt to do any of the things he was drafted to do. And something tells me that the Bengals wanted more out of Perry than a player with an easy to spell name who could be stashed on injured reserve each and EVERY week.

As for Lewis never claiming that Rudi Johnson is one of the most talented guys in the building? The truth of the matter is that he says that very loudly every week he named Rudi the starter RB over chumps like Corey Dillon and the vastly over-hyped bust that is Chris "2-Carry" Perry. No kidding, that's two years worth of examples of Lewis saying exactly what his opinion is instead of some example of media friendly coach-speak where Lewis props up a constantly broken Perry Chris by claiming the disappointing player still has a job to compete for besides that of "Whirlpool Warrior"