Week 13: Chiefs @ Bengals

HoosierCat

1 hour ago, Stripes said:

How are we feeling about round 3, gang? All week it's been "revenge revenge blah blah", and I find the entire narrative meaningless. They're both good teams and playing well. By the matchups I think there are reasons for optimism.

I’m excited/curious about the game. No real expectations. Open to the team fully surprising me in a good way again like they did last year. 

Well I woke up this morning to a phone call from my brother and law who can’t go to the game and offered his two tickets for free.

I asked the wife if she was willing to fuck with fate to that degree and is that 3 year old even going to miss me drinking myself into a mess while following the game in the guest bathroom ??

She gave me one of those typical, “FINE, go to the stupid game”. Something tells me I’m going to pay for that, but I’m willing to deal with those repercussions to make the game.

Let’s fucking go Bengals !!!!

Technically those are their designations, yes. I think Chase is playing though. He was full-go in the last practice and didn't miss any days. Mixon is legitimately questionable. Wilson had an illness, but it's unclear what -- he could well be over it by Sunday. Hopefully he is, but even if not I feel okay about that. I think linebacker has quietly become one of the best units on the roster.

2 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Well I woke up this morning to a phone call from my brother and law who can’t go to the game and offered his two tickets for free.

I asked the wife if she was willing to fuck with fate to that degree and is that 3 year old even going to miss me drinking myself into a mess while following the game in the guest bathroom ??

She gave me one of those typical, “FINE, go to the stupid game”. Something tells me I’m going to pay for that, but I’m willing to deal with those repercussions to make the game.

Let’s fucking go Bengals !!!!

who gets the second ticket?

possible a Texans fan?

5 hours ago, Aycliffebengal said:

Reading on Twitter it’s saying chase questionable ,mixon questionable and Logan Wilson questionable too…..uh oh I hope not 

It’s all in yesterday’s report from Hobs:

https://www.bengals.com/news/ja-marr-chase-on-track-to-play-vs-chiefs

14 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

this is bad.....this means theyll have to expose him to waivers now when they could have just signed him to the 53 this week

S H I T !!!!!!!

so fucking stupid

Well, either Bengals writers are clueless, the forum is clueless, or they changed the rules, because the quote below, from the website, says he goes back to the practice squad on Monday.

My money says the Bengals writers are clueless.

The Bengals today elevated P Drue Chrisman from the practice squad to the active roster for tomorrow's game against Kansas City.

Chrisman is classified as a standard elevation. As a practice squad player being elevated to the active roster for the game, he automatically will revert to the practice squad on Monday.

36 minutes ago, membengal said:

Chase is a go. Mixon still hasn’t been cleared by docs. And there is no way they are losing Chrisman. 

The 'rule', according to current research, says the third time up from PS  team has to add them to the 53 man roster, so the Bengals writers must have it wrong on the website.

That being said, the way I see it they have 2 choices.

Release Huber OR carry 2 punters on the 53 man roster for the last 6 games wasting a spot, in my opinion.

My gut says they will carry 2 punters for 6 games making Huber inactive each week.

15 hours ago, TJJackson said:

this is bad.....this means theyll have to expose him to waivers now when they could have just signed him to the 53 this week

S H I T !!!!!!!

so fucking stupid

No they don’t. Every team gets two standard elevations a week, with the player automatically reverting to the PS on Monday. A player can be elevated three times a season. This is Chrisman’s third elevation. He reverts to the PS on Monday.

12 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

No they don’t. Every team gets two standard elevations a week, with the player automatically reverting to the PS on Monday. A player can be elevated three times a season. This is Chrisman’s third elevation. He reverts to the PS on Monday.

I'm confused.  So the website is right?

He can ONLY be elevated 3 times a season.  This is his 3rd time.

So he goes back to the practice squad Monday and has to STAY there the remainder and Huber punts/holds the remainder??

jesus christ, for fuckssake...here it is AGAIN for you nimrods

He’ll revert to the practice squad on Monday. Next weekend, however, the Bengals will have to make a decision. Chrisman, if elevated to the active roster, must be signed as a regular member of the team. Unless they’re planning to maintain two punters on the 53-man roster, bringing back Chrisman could mean letting Huber go.

• Thanks 1