Week 10: Bye Week Thread

HoosierCat

Have you guys been reading all this commotion about a certain type of turf being horrible for players?  Paycor has it.  Guys are pounding the table for grass.  

If they go to grass they can bring back the jumping tiger logo and paint it on the middle of the field.  Bring back grass!

I saw where the stats don’t support either argument, where there are almost the same amount of specific types of injuries regardless of the turf.

I don’t know, just what I read.

On a side note, my youngest liked Wakanda Forever, but I was bored by it. Without giving the reason why, there will be more of the Black Panther movies to come.

They could do it somehow.  Ohio Stadium is in a low spot and it is drained by a system underneath.  My understanding was a very high water table plus the Olentangy river running right beside it resulted in flooding.  

The players, really ex players, who were talking about it were specifically asking for a standardized, uniform, surface in all 32 stadiums.  And they wanted grass.  I don’t know how you could do that in ford field.  Minnesota is indoors as are some others.  Too late to put in the giant tray ala Arizona and, I think, Vegas.

They tray system in a place like Arizona and Vegas (which is cool to see) thrive because of year round sunlight as well.

Cincinnati winters ?? Yeah, not quite the same. Everything seems to die this time of the year, so that presents its own challenge.

What that looks like in places like New York, Minnesota or any other northern (winter) cities can vary as well.  But hey, if there truly is that big of a difference, then I’m all for the change.

However, I think in some instances they would simply be trading one problem for another. Think the old Cincinnati and Pittsburgh fields. Horrible.

On 11/11/2022 at 2:48 PM, ArmyBengal said:

On a side note, my youngest liked Wakanda Forever, but I was bored by it. Without giving the reason why, there will be more of the Black Panther movies to come.

On my list for next weekend once the crowds die down a bit. Finally caught Black Adam today. Too damn long, like all the comic book movies these days it seems, but I liked it overall.

22 minutes ago, Aycliffebengal said:

How the hell did this browns team beat us they’re having their asses handed to them by a team we beat comfortably ?

The old saying “when it comes to division games, throw out the records” is an old saying for a reason. Weird stuff happens in all those games.

The local school district wasn’t off for Veteran’s Day, but my youngest goes out of district and he was. Him and I hit it up and there was next to no one at the first showing of the day. Black Adam is on my list as well, but will probably wait for that one. Glad it’s good but the Rock has become very boring to me lately. His schtick is too predictable. No matter the character, they are all kind of the same.

It’s actually a really subdued performance from Johnson. Very little of the normal Rock humor stuff, though he does get a few lines but they’re all played deadpan. The real problem I had was that the big action scenes are almost all spoiled by poor use of slow-mo. If you cut out all the slow-mo you could solve the problem that the film’s 30 minutes too long.