Week 2: Bengals @ Cowboys

HoosierCat

Home team just embarrassed on National TV being disrespected and left for dead.       It doesn't take 5 turnovers from your QB to give enough juice to a home team to get into game.   

Whether it be Burrow turnovers,  Sacks from OL, Sacks from holding onto the ball,  negative carries or whatever; there are far too many negative plays from this offense.      Any combination of these could all of sudden get you into a dog fight on the road.     When that happens you find yourself looking at the New York Jets type game from last year.

Mixon averaged 3 yards a carry, but if you go through the play by play he had several 4+ yard carries.   So to even that out to a 3 yard average there are a handful of negative plays.    There are plays in which Burrow creates magic and gets out of jam.  I think he had a Int reversed because of a penalty.

It was a horrendous performance on Sunday and it doesn't have to be that bad in order for the Cowboys to get up and play ball on their home field.

Early run D and offense will be the key.    Expect two deep zone looks with light boxes and 4/5 man rushes until the Bengals show the ability and willingness to churn out scoring drives.

For the love of football if you see one of their good interior pass rushers lined up over Volson early in the game.   Please check to a run or something to get the ball out quick.

I just want to see some good o-line play. I know some of those sacks were on Joe, and he probably creates his own sacks, but please protect better. So hopefully this week they will be used to playing next to each other and it will be much smoother. Hopefully Joe protects the ball a little better and the rust is knocked off, he did get much better the later the game went on last week. 

I'm going to take a negative approach in regards to O-line blocking for this week.   I would hope for improvement but not drastic improvement.     People can do a lot of mental gymnastics to assign blame for 7 sacks.     At the end of the day there's 7 sacks and 10 carries that went for 1 yard or less.     Whatever metric you want to use those numbers suck. 

Cowboys should line up Parson's to rush over Collins and put their best interior rusher head up over Volson making it a dicey protection scenario that they'll probably win more than a few times.   

Wow, thanks for that Hoosier.

quick update - after deliberating for three hours yesterday, the jury asked to come back on Monday. Given how fucking hard this case is on my side of the table ( plaintiff - med mal - tough argument on standard of care and only damages psychological) - I am taking a lot of satisfaction from that. Defense counsel was thrilled to send the jury out at 3 on a Friday figuring anyone wavering would roll over and find for defense to just be done with it and go home. So coming back Monday means there has to be at least a couple in the room fighting for my client. I’ll take that. 

it has been 70 hour weeks for weeks leading up to this and then this week was 6 am to midnite every day until last night when I got home at 9. Looking forward to a weekend of sleep and football. I have another trial a week from Tuesday, so…cycle continues. Glad to read in here to catch up on news this week.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2022 at 2:33 PM, HoosierCat said:

While we’re killing time waiting for Sunday, here’s a little book-learning’ for you knuckle-dragging cavemen… (seriously great story)

I’ve heard of the Black Brigade but not squirrel hunters. 

Judging from that picture; traffic has always sucked on the 75 bridge. 

• Haha 1