Official 2022-2023 Roster

Wraith

Michael Thomas will be back tomorrow when CTB and Kareem go on 4-game IR. 

So there will be 6 WRs. Thomas will be active against the Steelers, They cut him last year on cutdown day and then signed him again a day later. This is pre-worked out with him and his agent. 

Bringing in Leatherwood and allowing Pollack to check his headspace costs nothing.
Maybe he just wasn't a good fit for what the Raiders were doing.  I think he was over drafted at #17 overall anyway.
If I recall correctly, there was talk about him being a good fit for us in the 2nd round.  I'd have to go look.

Looked: it was Paul Dehner, who suggested the Bengals take Leatherwood and immediately start him next to Jonah at LG.

I have always been a fan of OJ Howard and while I don't think he's ever overwhelmed, I would love to see him here in stripes.

I would be happy to have Howard to back-up Hurst. We have no options if Hurst ever has to miss time at pass-catching TE.

As for leatherwood, his contract is a problem as first round draft pick. Would cost to bring him in and EVERY report says he needs massive work. Total project. So you pay for a few years of development time with no guarantee he ever gets it. 

Leatherwood was poor at tackle where they started him and moved him to LG and he improved and played better, when mcdaniels came in he moved him back to tackle and well we know how that went.  If he clears wavers does that not mean his contract is null and he can be signed to a new deal?  Or does anyone who picks him up have to pay the remaining 3 years of his rookie deal?

If he clears waivers he can be signed to a vet minimum deal.   The fact that no one has picked him up off waivers is very telling, however.  Again no one dumps a second year first round player unless he is a locker room malcontent or simply lazy.  I am betting on the later.  In which case, we don't need him.  We are already dealing with a LG with work effort issues.

Edit: nevermind just saw Leatherwood was picked off waivers by Chicago.

Having followed the Texans fairly closely, I can tell you most thought Scharping had regressed since being drafted.
Most thought he was on a very short leash and are not surprised by his release.
That being said, the change may do him well and there are worse things you could call your backups than "average" and "dependable".
You could call them Carman...

• Like 1