2022 Offseason Roster Notes

HoosierCat

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/depth/_/name/cin/cincinnati-bengals

ESPN takes a stab at the Bengals current depth chart.  The 7th round pick Günther is not listed on the line , probably an oversight by them.  Interestingly, Pooka Williams Jr is now listed as WR taking the last wideout spot.  Curious where did Auden Tate sign?  See he is gone…

Pooka I think is envisioned as a KR/PR, regardless of whether he is listed as a RB or WR or whatever

could be used on the field as a scatback, slot wr, or wideout

whats the word I am looking for?  ah yes.  versatility.

I think mainly they havent verified that he can hold onto the ball, particularly when every defender he'll face will be much bigger than him

It'll be interesting to see what Pooka can do if he makes the team, albeit I suspect he'll remain on the PS this year

1 hour ago, TJJackson said:

Pooka I think is envisioned as a KR/PR, regardless of whether he is listed as a RB or WR or whatever

could be used on the field as a scatback, slot wr, or wideout

whats the word I am looking for?  ah yes.  versatility.

I think mainly they havent verified that he can hold onto the ball, particularly when every defender he'll face will be much bigger than him

It'll be interesting to see what Pooka can do if he makes the team, albeit I suspect he'll remain on the PS this year

If I eat a lot of ribs this afternoon, I’ll outweigh Pooka’s listed weight.  

With all the secondary additions in the draft and as UDFAs , does it mean the old Marvin Lewis holdover Brandon Wilson is gone as DB and kick returner ?  Maybe we see Pooka slide into Ping and Kick returns as that last wideout / scatback like Baby Hawk at one time.  

If not Wilson on teams for returns with Pooka, then what combo is it going to be ?

8 minutes ago, GapControl said:

Wasn’t Tremain Mack one of our best kick returners ever ?  I think Adam Jones has to be the great st punt returner at least that I can recall.

Mr I Parked My Car On the Bridge to Sleep was indeed one of our better KRs ever

Greatest KR for a touchdown, however, was made by Mr Stanford Jennings back in early 1989.  I really thought we'd win that game after that.  Another QB named Joey, however, had other ideas.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

He’s a problem.  The Bengsks FO would be insane to bring in an injured diva who undercut Mayfield in Cleveland.  Sure, he WANTS to come here, who wouldn’t with our QB.  

He helped the Rams win a super bowl and they are apparently not willing to pay him.  That speaks volumes.

On 5/5/2022 at 4:35 PM, GapControl said:

Wasn’t Tremain Mack one of our best kick returners ever ?  I think Adam Jones has to be the great st punt returner at least that I can recall.

Tremain Mack made pro bowl one year as kick returner/teams.   I think he may have been one hell of a punt blocker too.  

I would think Brandon Wilson sticks as kick returner.   He has high end ability. 

5 hours ago, COB said:

I keep seeing the same rumor, OBJ to the Bengals.  What?  

He’d be subtraction by addition.  Hard no.

Florio was bored and wrote one of his wild rumor pieces based on nothing. 

only fun part was this is the first time I can recall him making something up where a player was coming to the bengals as opposed to his usual M.O. of making stuff up about how players don’t want to be here or want to leave..

And that makes sense for the Steelers. They have a rookie QB who they won’t have to worry about for years and don’t have a top end player at damn near any position. They can afford to pay someone.

The Bengals are not in a position to do that for Bates and as much as it pains me, he’s better off somewhere else if he want to get paid, which he surely does.

• Like 1