Week 17: Chiefs @ Bengals

HoosierCat

9 hours ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Losing Pratt really sucks.  Wilson or not.  I don't have a lot of confidence in the defense, and am not sure the offense is up for another shootout.  It may get frustrating, but have to remember this is all icing IMO, did not expect this.

I hear you but icing or not, there’s no guarantee they make it back to this point ever again. The NFL is a funny place. Have to grab any opportunities when you can.

Good ole Housh on the radio proclaiming the Bengals are the  better team.   That remains to be seen or proven, IMO.   Interesting take.

I think this game its up to the offense to put scoring pressure or match offensive points.   Hopefully the D can get a couple stops or turnovers.   Chiefs can dink and dunk you or gash you with big plays.   I would consider a solid defensive performance under 30 points.

54 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

I hear you but icing or not, there’s no guarantee they make it back to this point ever again. The NFL is a funny place. Have to grab any opportunities when you can.

Yep See Browns.    The easiest jump is from no expectations to the point they are now.   The next jumps are harder.    Learned that from the Marvin years.   He could take a no expectation team to division champs.  Could never string enough wins together to get a top seed or make a divisional round.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Losing Pratt really sucks.  Wilson or not.  I don't have a lot of confidence in the defense, and am not sure the offense is up for another shootout.  It may get frustrating, but have to remember this is all icing IMO, did not expect this.

I’m in the glass half full camp as well.  They’re a year ahead of where we thought they’d be.  

It’s hard to believe the pre season prognosticators had us last in the North.  And the amount of “The North will continue to go through Pittsburgh” takes were nauseating, and completely without evidence or reason.  The Browns?  They’re a mystery wrapped in an enigma wrapped in an anonymous sex act in a strip mall Olive Garden parking lot.  

• Haha 3

I honestly never understood why this team was being projected for 6-11 or the like. If it was just “well, we sucked before”, then shrug. I don’t think this team is a year ahead though, and a failure to participate in the postseason will qualify as a disappointment to me. With Joe Burrow at QB, 10-7 is a low bar.

No disrespect to those who’ve had different expectations. I thought 2018 looked like a playoff team before the season so I don’t know anything.

• Like 1

More thoughts on the Browns.

I hope their truck stop fraud mastermind owner panics after we kick sand in their faces next week.  

Then in the off season he can go through his standard player evaluation process (soliciting advice from vagrants lounging outside random convenience stores) and blow up that whole roster.  Enter a 5 year cycle of perpetual rebuild, listen to the naysayers who claim their QB will never win (even though he’s playing through like 7 injuries), and just generally go back to being the hapless pile of crap they truly are, destroying careers (Joe Thomas), enabling alcoholic morons (Johnny Manzeil), and crushing souls (anyone stupid enough to voluntarily root for the Browns).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stripes said:

I honestly never understood why this team was being projected for 6-11 or the like. 

Just inertia?  Plus the national writers/commenters don’t really follow the AFC north that much.  Plus the national Steelers suckfest that never ends.  They’re a dumpster fire 500 miles from the fire department, and all Collinsworth et al can say is “Tomlin’s nutsack in my mouth is the greatest thing ever.”  

The Browns and Bengals are truly a tale of two quarterbacks.

Mayfield takes sexual advantage of dimwitted female fans, assaults our senses with the dullest insurance ads ever made, and throws picks like it’s his hobby.

Burrow resurrects franchises, gets his teeth fixed, sets franchise passing records, and drives an exotic sports car from the future.