Week 15: Bengals @ Broncos

HoosierCat

Can someone just punch Zac Taylor right in his stupid ass grinning face ?? The continued realizations of what to do only after completely fucking it up and costing them the game is really getting old.

Are coaches not held accountable when they don’t learn from their mistakes ?? I want to like this dude as a coach, but he’s making it so hard to do.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

I’m not really sure but apparently they have something to do with the return game…?

Might I suggest the Bengals watch a Cowboys game and focus on Parsons. If something even half of that would be helpful, maybe giving more than a passing glance come draft time would help.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Can someone just punch Zac Taylor right in his stupid ass grinning face ?? The continued realizations of what to do only after completely fucking it up and costing them the game is really getting old.

Are coaches not held accountable when they don’t learn from their mistakes ?? I want to like this dude as a coach, but he’s making it so hard to do.

I feel that, it’s frustrating as hell.  Having said that, Zac at least admits his mistakes and basically covers up for his players.  They probably love him for it.  Those two running calls when Joey B was smoking hot were infuriating.

Having said all that - Taylor took that first season like a champ.  Sat Andy down and lost enough games to assure we’d get Burrow.  I’m still in this dude’s corner.  I don’t know what’s with this inability to grab a win after the third quarter, but that can’t last.  We’re having a better year than we expected.  The players love him, they play hard.  And unlike Marvin, he adjusts at half and gets better after halftime.

• Like 2

All I know is this: right now, Zac Taylor has coached exactly as many games, 45, as Dick LeBeau did. By winning %, LeBeau is the worst coach in Bengals history. Zac has won one (1) more game than LeBeau did over the same span of games.

I have no doubt Zac will be back next season. The chances he gets fired are approximately 0%. I also have no doubt that he sucks, so I’m not expecting the Bengals to do anything other than piss away more of Joe Burrow’s career.

Oh, I don't expect them to fire Zac Taylor here. 
I seriously just want someone to punch him in the face and remove that stupid smirk he gives.

Like I said, I want to like this dude, but there's only so much of that shit I can take when watching a game.
Why? Why? WHY would he take the ball out of Burrow's hands??  Jesus, just stupid.
Live and die with the ball in his hands.  I'm good with that.  Not handing the ball off to run behind a weak o-line.

Let's go Bengals.

EDIT:
If they did can ZT, how about Bienemy with Joe Brady as his OC ??

• Like 1

If the Bengals aren't involving Burrow in the coach decision then its a mistake.   You can't ignore the situations across the league of high profile QBs taking their ball and threatening to go home.

May not like it but that has to be a big factor.     Although I would love to have Byron Leftwhich as HC. 

1 hour ago, HoosierCat said:

All I know is this: right now, Zac Taylor has coached exactly as many games, 45, as Dick LeBeau did. By winning %, LeBeau is the worst coach in Bengals history. Zac has won one (1) more game than LeBeau did over the same span of games.

I have no doubt Zac will be back next season. The chances he gets fired are approximately 0%. I also have no doubt that he sucks, so I’m not expecting the Bengals to do anything other than piss away more of Joe Burrow’s career.

I get all that, and the winning percentage is damning.  But I also have to look at the team he walked into - Marvin’s veterans who’s primary skill was covering Marvin’s ass.  They were lazy and used to not having to compete for their spots.   In my opinion the team was a classic husk of a squad from which a vet coach had tried to milk every last possible win.  Taylor had to begin a major rebuild.  Fucking Marvin had to have his ass kissed to even stay here those last few years, he sure as hell wasn’t going to build a roster for the next guy, and he didn’t.  

My point - if we’re going to hold the first couple years’ win/loss record against a young coach who got handed a bag of flotsam, we’re never going to rebuild.  The coach would just refuse to develop young guys, go with vets snd try to win 6 or 7 games every year.  

The dirty work had to be done and Taylor did it.  Now the draftees and the free agent signings are producing.  

• Like 1