Week 14: Niners @ Bengals

HoosierCat

49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan had some good and bad news on the injury front for his club as it begins preparing for the Bengals.

Linebacker Fred Warner is slated to return to the practice field after missing last week’s game with a hamstring injury. Shanahan told reporters that Warner should be a full participant in Wednesday’s session.

But receiver/running back Deebo Samuel (groin) will not practice on Wednesday. Running back Elijah Mitchell (concussion/knee) also will remain sidelined. Shanahan said Mitchell suffered some knee irritation, which will keep him off the field.

Samuel could be back for Thursday’s practice, Shanahan said.

Samuel has 1,006 yards receiving and five receiving touchdowns. He’s also rushed for 203 yards and five TDs, four of which have come in his last three games played. He also missed the Week 13 loss to Seattle.

Mitchell suffered the concussion on Sunday. He has rushed for 759 yards with five touchdowns and caught 17 passes for 126 yards.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/12/08/fred-warner-returning-to-practice-on-wednesday-but-deebo-samuel-still-sidelined/

Also:

I see the Bengals just barely missing the playoffs

If they do happen to sneak in as a low seed, I dont expect them to win the first game

but no matter how it goes, it has been an interesting and maddening (inconsistent play, slow first half starts) season, for sure

If they can fix the slow first half starts issue in 2022, and of course stay reasonably healthy (especially New Guy), I can see them going deep into the playoffs in 2022

Yeah, sorry folks, i am am already in "lets look at next year" mode.  Habit as much as anything, I suppose.  But when they lost to the Jets I kinda decided, ok, we've topped out at average .  Which is good, better than last 2 years, but not quite good enough

I am still done with Zakky and Anarumo

33 is ridiculously young.  RIP...

IF the Bengals make the playoffs this season, it's nothing short of a minor miracle and something all fans should celebrate greatly.
I don't think there were many (if any) really thinking this team even had a shot at being a .500 team.

You would have gotten the Mora treatment with a comment like that at the start of the season.
PLAYOFFS ?? YOU KIDDING ME ??  PLAYOFFS ??

• Like 1

I am serious when I say that I projected 10-7 before the season and anything less will disappoint me. I suspect the front office will be more forgiving than I am if 9-8 or worse comes to pass, but we absolutely must be better than that with this quarterback. The standard is very different with Joe Burrow.

1 hour ago, Stripes said:

I am serious when I say that I projected 10-7 before the season and anything less will disappoint me. I suspect the front office will be more forgiving than I am if 9-8 or worse comes to pass, but we absolutely must be better than that with this quarterback. The standard is very different with Joe Burrow.

Good call then Stripes !!

I also agree the standard is different with Burrow, but have to remember this is year two.  They will continue to improve the roster.
It might not be an shared opinion, but I still don't think they have the right people in roster spots on the team either.
Not calling anyone out, but rather an observation that when things go awry, you can see Burrow get pissed off.  It bothers him.
I have watched others when things go awry and they don't seem as concerned about it as Burrow.
I want to see the team add solid players obviously, but I want guys that will equal Burrow's passion and desire.
Bring in guys who want to win.  When I think of this, I think of guys like Mike Hilton.  Might make mistakes, but isn't happy about it.
THEY WANT TO WIN.  Give me more guys like that and send the others packing.

I honestly think 2022 is going to be a fun year for the team and fans, but I'm going to finish enjoying 2021 before turning my head.
Despite some of the letdowns, it has been a fun year in it's own right.