General AFC North thread

Stripes

Aaron Rodgers, or as I saw him referenced recently, “Throw Rogan,” seems very unlikely to be interested in Pittsburgh.  I think he’s had it with the weather in Green Bay, and Pittsburgh’s not much better.  Plus he said he’s not interested in a rebuild.  The Steelers need several facets of their team rebuilt, including, probably most germane to our conversation, the offensive line.

Brady looks to be finished, how about Tampa?

• Like 1

Yeah, Bucs would not be a surprise.

If Tannehill’s contract didn’t make it impossible, and it does, Tennessee would make a ton of sense. Alas…

If he were to go anywhere in the AFCN Cleveland would make more sense that Pitt, COB is right, he’s not going to want a rebuild situation.

Of course all this assumes GB is willing to part ways and all indications are they are totally committed to bringing him back. I’m really not convinced Rogers actually wants to leave, he just wants to be basically QB/GM. As long as they’re willing to cater to his every whim, and my bet is they are, he’ll be in GB next season.

I don't see A-aron going to the AFC.   NFC lost Brees.  Could lose Brady.  

AFC you have Burrow, Mahomes, Allen, Jackson, Herbert.  Heck Carr can't even come close to getting a seat at the table.    Then you still have Trevor Lawerence with an excellent hire in Byron Leftwhich and any other QB that might pop up.

Whenever I see those dollar signs, I always think I should have gone on and played more football instead of joining the Army. My cousin always rubs it in my face since he and I both played tight end and he won a national championship and played ten years in the NFL while I went to Kosovo and Iraq. I could use 4 mil a year right now!

hartsock-holy-buckeye.png

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

But can he kick your ass 101 ??

I'm old and fat and he's, well, old and less fat. We were born six months apart so I've got the experience edge on him! He is still fucking huge but I boxed with guys his size in the Army. I'm gonna say we'd both end up on the floor wheezing and wishing we'd just drank instead. In my head I'm still a badass Army guy... until I try to climb a hill.

Denver undoubtedly will make a big run for Rodgers now.  The problem is he’s not a FA, just has the word of the Packers that they’ll agree to a trade.  So he escapes cap hell in Green Bay, only to join a team that is greatly depleted by what they gave up to acquire him.  It’s almost like you can’t have it all in life.  

Denver...

Again, I just don't think that is a good situation to go into.  
New head coach, team getting sold to new owners, maybe a new GM that didn't get to hire his coach.
Then there's that roster.  Not a fan of any of their QB's.  Some (see little) offensive or defensive talent.
The team was riddled with injuries and to get Rodgers from Green Bay will cost them at ever building up the talent.

Good luck to that dude...

Here's another thought.  Does anyone think Rodgers with that roster is going to compete against the other teams in the AFC ??
Burrow, Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, and if the Jags figure it out they have Lawrence.
I think the Bengals, Chiefs, Bills and Chargers all handle that team.

56 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Everyone has sung the praises of Leftwich as a coach.
I think it will be interesting to see how he does.
Not a Jaguars fan, but wish him luck.  He has some pieces down there.

I think he'll be an excellent coach and that's probably the best hire the Jags could have made after wasting a year of Trevor with Meyer. 

However, I heard on the radio that the Jags GM is a problem and the owner listens to the GM.   So might not be that great a situation. 

34 minutes ago, COB said:

Denver undoubtedly will make a big run for Rodgers now.  The problem is he’s not a FA, just has the word of the Packers that they’ll agree to a trade.  So he escapes cap hell in Green Bay, only to join a team that is greatly depleted by what they gave up to acquire him.  It’s almost like you can’t have it all in life.  

I'd have to give Rodgers credit for going but would question the move for him.   It would basically create a Super QB division.   By virtue of going there you suck up their cap and draft capital.  

I would think he'd would rework his deal to relieve some of that.  But that's not an easy division at all.  

22 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Denver...

Again, I just don't think that is a good situation to go into.  
New head coach, team getting sold to new owners, maybe a new GM that didn't get to hire his coach.
Then there's that roster.  Not a fan of any of their QB's.  Some (see little) offensive or defensive talent.
The team was riddled with injuries and to get Rodgers from Green Bay will cost them at ever building up the talent.

Good luck to that dude...

Here's another thought.  Does anyone think Rodgers with that roster is going to compete against the other teams in the AFC ??
Burrow, Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, and if the Jags figure it out they have Lawrence.
I think the Bengals, Chiefs, Bills and Chargers all handle that team.

Didn't even list Lamar Jackson and holy crap if Watson stays in the AFC.  

I would think Tenn or Colts are the better landing spots for him.  But he really needs to stay in the NFC.   

2 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Hopefully Ben's retirement ushers in nothing but the best results and success in finding bust after bust in the QB department.

Looking for that repeat of the Bradshaw retirement ... Mark Malone followed by Bubby Brister. Oh, the 80's were a fun time! In many ways, it's at least a little interesting how 2022 feels a lot like 1982, both with our Bengals and watching things unfold such as this. Here's to the next 10 years feeling like the good ol' days.

• Like 1