2021 Off-season OTA/Mini-Camp Stuff

membengal

1 hour ago, TJJackson said:

i dont know of anyone whose had such a take....myself included

My comment wasn't aimed at anyone here. Just a general note about those that Hoosier correctly mentions. Plenty of those takes out there.

• Like 1

A few tidbits in Hobs’ latest mailbag:

— From what I can gather, most of the injured guys are going to be ready to go on the first day of training camp. Center Trey Hopkins (ACL) may need a little more time, but veteran Billy Price is ready to go in his place until he gets back and it sounds like Hopkins has a shot to play the opener or somewhere close.

— Thinks they’ll go with only 5 LBs.

— They want to extend Bates and Hubbard before the season starts.

— The fans' training camp schedule has yet to be released, but the NFL has said each team is going to have some kind of Back Together Again event on July 31 and that will be open to the public. Look for more details later on Bengals.com.

— From what I hear, nothing from here on the Geno Atkins front right now. That could always change and you never say never.

— We won't be able to see the fruits of offensive line coach Frank Pollack's work until preseason, but you could see the evolution begin this spring on the field. Pollack has demanding workouts when it comes to repping drills and he does it so many times and is so exact that players have said it makes Sundays seem easier. The repping and the detail are a big part of how Pollack can transform a guy's self-confidence. And the biggest impact may be on play calling. Every offensive line coach likes to establish a run game (and every offensive lineman loves to run the ball) and Pollack's influence on the play calling will be intriguing.

— Michael Jordan completely re-made his body this offseason

• Like 2

Since they are coming my way in the pre-season, will be taking my family to the Bengals/WFT pre-season game on Aug. 20. I will make sure JoeB is in bubble wrap and safely on the sideline. 

Here’s the details for the July 31 event.

https://www.fox19.com/2021/07/13/bengals-welcome-fans-paul-brown-stadium-training-camp-event/

CINCINNATI (WXIX) - The Bengals are inviting fans to Paul Brown Stadium for “Back Together Saturday” presented by Fifth Third Bank on July 31.

Fans will be able to watch the Bengals practice while enjoying a variety of free family-friendly activities, including inflatables, face painting, balloon artists, pictures with Who Dey and a Ben-Gals Cheer Zone.

Gates will open at 2 p.m. 

Fans can enter through Gates A, B, C, D and E.

Players and coaches will start taking the field shortly after 2:30 p.m., and practice will begin at 3 p.m. 

Free parking is available starting at 12 p.m. in lots surrounding Paul Brown Stadium (Lots A, B, D, E and Hilltop West).

Admission is free and fans must have a mobile ticket to enter Paul Brown Stadium.

Fans can claim their free tickets HERE.

The first 5,000 fans in attendance will receive a Bengals silicone wristband. Fans will have the opportunity to win autographed footballs and other prizes while watching practice. 

There will be no in-person player autographs due to current NFL protocols.

Ticket link: https://www.ticketmaster.com/event/16005AE7B0F12B8C

Beyond that, they are doing a lottery for free tickets for practices the following weekend. Reading between the lines, that means the other practices will be closed to the public and unless you are lucky for Aug 7th and 8th, the only chance to see a practice will be July 31. That's disappointing, as usually the entirety of camp is open to the public to watch. Probably a vestige of Covid - altho  Seattle announced today that they will have 12 days of camp open to their fans...

Their usual practices in non-covid times are on the grass practice fields beside the stadium and there are two small risers there and also you can stand around periphery and it is totally awesome to see up close. Have made the trip back to Cincy several times over the last few decades (and to Georgetown before that) to see some of these. Bummed that it isn't happening this year.

The family day practice events in PBS are fun too. That's what the July 31 thing sounds like. Worth it is as well. Have fun. 

Been to practices Wilmington, Georgetown, and PBS.   3 recommendations:

1. Plan for the heat

2. Print or make sure to grab a hand out roster with numbers.

3. If you are Reds fan try to work a double header Bengals Practice/Reds.   Fun day.

I think I read no autographs so that probably cuts down on the crowd.  Practice is practice but its fun to watch