Browns @ Bengals Game Thread

HoosierCat

9 minutes ago, COB said:

That tie keeping Zac out of Jim Ringo territory.

I'm close to rooting for Taylor to lose-out and get that #1 p;ick, where they can maybe get a haul for Lawrence, or pick-up an additional top 2nd rounder at least and stay in the top 5.  I fear they may actually beat the Browns' next week, especially if Baker is out.

• Like 1

This is a good point imo.

This reminds me (and I’m sure I’ve mentioned this before) of Bill Parcells being asked many years back if there were any innovations left to happen in the game. He thought for a moment and replied, some day there will be a coach who never punts. He later clarified that he didn’t actually mean never, if it’s fourth and 20 on your own 5 of course you will punt, but generally speaking this coach would use all four downs to get a first. I think you could extend this to FGs too. Some day we will see a coach who just never kicks. Zac should be that guy, at least when they’re in fourth and short situations like yesterday.

Geno and Carlos thing doesn't bother me as much as far as Zach Taylor.      We had a college DC come in here interview for the job and turned it down and he noted lack of talent.    That's a fact. 

At the time I didn't believe it because we had "name" players along the D-line.   The lack of talent at LB took most of the blame of horrible defense but this D-line hasn't defended the run in a long time starting under Lewis.

I'm all for trading Carlos and Geno because they simply haven't gotten done under their contract extensions.   Good luck to them and get a much as you can in a trade.

If Pauly G can get the old magic going for these guys in Vegas more power to them it just isn't happening currently and it probably won't happen and we need draft picks.  

19 hours ago, volcom69 said:

Zac Taylor is going to ruin this team more so then what they are before he leaves. Hire a unproven coach at some point we should see improvement, and I have yet to see any of this! 

I'm not trying to advocate for Zac at all because eventually he has to win and the number of "close" losses is concerning.    However,  the cycle we are in is the direct result of hanging on to Lewis too long and Tobin's inability to build a line despite several big pieces being drafted.

I'm fed up with this whole staff.  So I'm hoping the Browns come in here and hand Zac the worst loss in franchise history !!!  I know how Mikey boy hates losing to the Browns. I'm hoping this is the game that gets Zac fired. Then I wouldn't mind seeing them lose out to get the 1st pick. If they do get the #1 pick. I'm not sure mike would be smart enough to use it to his advantage.  They have trade assets now. They aren't using. So I don't expect they would use the first pick to get a lot in return. Lol they would probably draft a WR 

Taylor responds to fans: (also with a nice response by the author below it):

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/zac-taylor-shares-message-bengals-130035721.html

He can talk about "long term" all he wants, we don't care, some of these one-score losses need to start turning into wins, not next year, or the year after, but now.  You can't just win 3 games in almost 2 seasons in this league and expect more patience after years of losing.  As the author states, this year wasn't about contending, but showing some progress, glimpses of hope - I really haven't seen any, just a lot of inconsistent play and bad coaching.  If Tobin is to blame, throw him in there too, doesn't matter, start winning some games, or get someone who demands it and doesn't excuse not doing it, and holds the front office accountable for providing him what he needs to succeed.

Fans are fed-up with this franchise, they all deserve blame and accountability for it - players and coaches.  Stop tolerating losing, just stop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, cincy9275 said:

I'm fed up with this whole staff.  So I'm hoping the Browns come in here and hand Zac the worst loss in franchise history !!!  I know how Mikey boy hates losing to the Browns. I'm hoping this is the game that gets Zac fired. Then I wouldn't mind seeing them lose out to get the 1st pick. If they do get the #1 pick. I'm not sure mike would be smart enough to use it to his advantage.  They have trade assets now. They aren't using. So I don't expect they would use the first pick to get a lot in return. Lol they would probably draft a WR 

If the article referenced above, where Taylor talks about long term change, is honest, he'll trade assets at some point if given the opportunity, and this is a perfect year to do it when no fans are in the stands.  Fans will understand acquiring picks and doing things differently than in the past here, they will,.  The off-season efforts were comendable, but obviously not enough, yet they should get their top 2 FA's back next season regardless.  

But any ways I'm hijacking the game thread with other stuff so will stop and focus on the game from here on out.

23 hours ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Taylor responds to fans: (also with a nice response by the author below it):

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/zac-taylor-shares-message-bengals-130035721.html

He can talk about "long term" all he wants, we don't care, some of these one-score losses need to start turning into wins, not next year, or the year after, but now.  You can't just win 3 games in almost 2 seasons in this league and expect more patience after years of losing.  As the author states, this year wasn't about contending, but showing some progress, glimpses of hope - I really haven't seen any, just a lot of inconsistent play and bad coaching.  If Tobin is to blame, throw him in there too, doesn't matter, start winning some games, or get someone who demands it and doesn't excuse not doing it, and holds the front office accountable for providing him what he needs to succeed.

Fans are fed-up with this franchise, they all deserve blame and accountability for it - players and coaches.  Stop tolerating losing, just stop.

Well here's a fans response to said article 3-18-1. Put up or Shut up !