Offensive Line Draft Talk Thread

membengal

5 hours ago, Wraith said:

I think at this time we are beating a dead horse.  I think everyone on this site gets this and fortunately I think the Bengals do as well. Per Cincy Jungle, Steven Radicevic was on a Podcast recently called Locked On Bengals where he acknowledged that this is a very deep class and you can pick up players to help you at all levels of the draft.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/3/31/22360495/nfl-draft-rumors-bengals-scouting-director-notes-deep-offensive-line-class-in-upcoming-nfl-draft

Yeah saw Chase's pro day #'s and am just resigned to the fact that, after signing Kief, that they're going for Chase, and OL in round 2. rested case.

19 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Yeah saw Chase's pro day #'s and am just resigned to the fact that, after signing Kief, that they're going for Chase, and OL in round 2. rested case.

REIF.

Please don't summon the ghost of Adam Keift...

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

Can Pollack undo all that before actual games start? 

With the NFL already warning that there may still have to be a lot of non-in-person work still this season due to ongoing COVID problems?

The fact they were all better before falling into Turner’s clutches suggests that they will improve simply by stopping doing whatever he told them to do and just going back to their old ways. Literally a situation where not having a coach at all would be an improvement. So yes I have no doubt this can be fixed quickly.

Williams - now a vet and came into league w/ rep as an obsessive technician

XSF/Spain --- vets

Hopkins/Price --- vets

Reiff --- vet

Would guess just with that crew Pollack can do work even before a rookie is added. That's a coachable bunch. 

Seriously, that's unreal in terms of stats from Goodberry. I ... I had no idea. Not to that extent. Not in hard numbers. Not like that. 

IF Pollack can turn this around, there is a rant coming from me someday about ZT hiring his incompetent buddy and doubling down on him a year ago. I went off when Turner was hired because he had a track record of being a pretty garbage human being...him being criminally incompetent on top of that is insane to consider. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, membengal said:

Williams - now a vet and came into league w/ rep as an obsessive technician

XSF/Spain --- vets

Hopkins/Price --- vets

Reiff --- vet

Would guess just with that crew Pollack can do work even before a rookie is added. That's a coachable bunch. 

A coachable bunch that will be professional in how they except great coaching. This is a solid vet group that can have a rookie be very successful in. 

Here's my worry w/ the short arms thing - he's not a technician. At all. Not at this point in his development. He is all projection there. Joe Thomas overcame short arms from being a technician from the jump. That's...not Sewell. It is Slater. 

I am now firmly:

Chase
Tradedown
Pitts

as my only preferred options at 5. 

• Like 1

The short arms thing is probably what dropped Jonah to the Bengals in 2019.

Its funny how the draft is and how squawking heads move on from prospect to prospect from year to year.

If you look at Williams pedigree he was a can’t miss tackle back in high school.   5 star and great offer sheet. Sewell was a 4 star player with a decent offer sheet.

Yet Sewell is a generational talent?   I think it will be interesting we’re Sewell gets drafted IF the Bengals pass at 5.