1st Round Pick: Joe Burrow, QB, LSU

ArmyBengal

12 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

way to go Mem!

now how about sharing that with your BZ brothers.........:-)

After the Bengals took Burrow I figured Mem's house looked like a set from Aliens with tons of goo dripping off the walls...he'll need all that cash to pay the cleaning crew... ;)

Joe and the Bengals both posted a snippet of the draft day call (Burrow termed it a call he’ll definitely never forget). Immediately swarmed a gaggle of morons with “look how upset he looks!” and “definitely didn’t want togo there”.

Obviously we don’t give a shit. Still, brace for similar garbage from the Patrick-Florio-Cowherd cabal of asshats.

1 hour ago, Stripes said:

Joe and the Bengals both posted a snippet of the draft day call (Burrow termed it a call he’ll definitely never forget). Immediately swarmed a gaggle of morons with “look how upset he looks!” and “definitely didn’t want togo there”.

Obviously we don’t give a shit. Still, brace for similar garbage from the Patrick-Florio-Cowherd cabal of asshats.

I’m over it. Florio can swim in a vat of acid. His campaign didn’t work. Burrow is in Cincinnati.

Florio is agenda driven.   Maybe he likes to think his odd takes about Bengals/Burrow is making Bengal fans mad.  Who cares?  

All I know is a I got a good chuckle when the Dolphins came up at 5 and they flashed the history since Marino. 

Yet it’s Burrow that should worry? 

We’ll see how people’s memories are the next 5.   With the amount of picks the Phins have there really is no excuse for Tua not dominating the AFC East. 

From the article Hoosier referenced above: (and yes very interesting analysis/fun read):

And Burrow’s quick trigger isn’t just the product of the offense he played in at LSU last season. I went back and analyzed some of his throws from LSU in 2018 and from Ohio State in 2016. His decision-making was just as quick. This, combined with his accuracy, is really what sets him apart from any other quarterback in this draft class. His other measurables — release time, arm strength, physical size — are all relatively average. But I think it’s clear, in any sport, that the mind is the single-most important predictor of success.

Now, I hate to make comparisons to all-time greats because it implies a similar career trajectory, but — when talking about vision, biomechanics, and physical abilities — Joe Burrow’s game really does have shades of Joe Montana’s. It’s uncanny, actually. Again, situation is everything. Montana probably doesn’t win four rings without Bill Walsh and Jerry Rice involved. I’m certainly not saying I expect that from Burrow. But the comparison is not unfounded.

• Like 1

I must say that I am really excited about the season and hope it does off in some way or another.

Burrow is the biggest part of that excitement.  Glad the draft is over and he's actually a part of the team.
While I didn't think a trade would happen, there was a part of me that wondered if the Bengals would botch this up?
Like I kept thinking I would get on the site to be hit with the news that they traded the pick. 
Worse, it would be for beans in comparison to what I would have wanted.

That clip is solid, but I love watching the LSU highlights of his throws. 
It just warms my heart to think about having a QB like this.

#9 baby !!!  That's been my number, regardless of the sport played, since I was a kid.
Glad to see him wearing it here !!!