2020 Draft

true

Lets say a OL-needy Team had pick 33 and knows it needs to trade ahead of the pick of a team with a late r1 pick and similar needs for OL in order to get the blue chip OL player they need

it would be a smart move to quietly move to acquire the pick ahead of said other team and make it seem like there was no interest in an OL

Of course, the Bengals FO isn't known for being smart enough to do such a thing, so this logic kinda falls apart on that basis

Having the top pick in the 2nd round certainly puts them in play for a move back up into the bottom of the first round.
I would love to see that type of aggressiveness from them, but won't be holding my breath even if a player they need is there.

The closest from last year was the Giants moving from #37 to #30, swapping their 2nd rounder and giving up a 4th and 5th.
The other thing is that even with them giving up two picks, they still had 10 picks in that draft.

I don't know if I could see the Bengals wanting to give up multiple picks in that situation.
You never know though...

Dewine is about to drop the hammer on the whole state.  He’s already shutting down state events, ordering significant limits on nursing home visitors, etc.  Elementary and secondary schools will probably be shut down in a week or so.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, COB said:

Dewine is about to drop the hammer on the whole state.  He’s already shutting down state events, ordering significant limits on nursing home visitors, etc.  Elementary and secondary schools will probably be shut down in a week or so.  

Good for him.

• Thanks 1

Dewine sent an email out today that said we are in a very serious situation, and based on his conversations with Ohioans, we “don’t get it.”  

He is not a guy who uses hype or blabs a lot.  He’s going to take drastic measures, it is pretty obvious.

They’ll still draft guys, but they will likely cancel the in person gathering.  Poor NFL, hope they can handle the loss of revenue.

ps - without the figure skating worlds, life is meaningless.  Goodbye, cruel world.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

I’d love for that to be the case but I don’t think we will get that lucky.

Why can't it happen? China is polluted as all hell and 50% of the people smoke there. Their cases of the virus have leveled off significantly. 

When the sun comes out and the weather heats up, shit's going to turn in the right way, quick.

Though I know the powers that be love a good scare. What's the saying? "Never let a good crisis go to waste."

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Have to wonder if they will cancel the draft event this year and just do it by phone like in ye olden days.

I’m sure of it. Frankly, this is all my fault for buying plane tickets and planning to attend in person.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cincyhokie said:

Just cancel everything forever. I mean seriously, what outcome are we looking for here? Btw, find some videos of people who had it. For the vast majority it’s a moderate/bad cold that lasts 3 days. People are losing their minds and the MSM is fueling it.

Yup, for 80% of the people who get it, there’s little to no symptoms. Which is the problem! They go on about their lives, unknowing Typhoid Marys. And since the bug has an incubation period of up to two weeks, everything seems fine until all of a sudden it isn’t. The ones who do have severe symptoms all show up at the ER at once and you’ve got 20 people with pneumonia and only 10 ICU beds.

The point of canceling events isn’t to stop people from getting sick, it’s to slow the spread of the disease so it doesn’t overwhelm the medical system like it did in Wuhan and Italy. You don’t have to cancel everything forever, but for now, you do what you can to make sure people get sick at a rate that doesn’t exceed the available care.

I’m fine with this. It’s not panic, it’s common sense.

• Thanks 1