2020 Draft

So all 3 of Miami’s first rounders this year, their second rounder this year and their first next year??

Yeah, I want more. Throw in next years second rounder as well and that would be quite the way to revamp the roster. That being said when all those first round picks come due for extensions it could get mighty costly and make for some tough decisions if they all pan out. Not that it would bother me personally.

So for the fun of it and out of curiosity, I went back to TDN and did a mock draft where I was picking for both the Bengals and Dolphins.
The trade was for the Bengals #1 overall going to the Dolphins for all 3 of their first rounders and their first 2nd rounder. Not worried about 2021 picks in this instance...

I simply figured we keep seeing the name Burrow when we do these mocks, so instead of just seeing "3 first rounders and a 2nd", I would plug actual names in those selections.
Here's how it turned out and I must admit that I was VERY intrigued with the result.  An interesting thought as well is this does not include ANY free agent moves, which is probably pretty accurate.

#5- Tua Tagavailoa, QB, Alabama
#18- Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia
#26- Kenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma
#33- Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama
#39- Damon Arnette, CB, Ohio State
#65- Malik Harrison, LB, Ohio State
#97- Adam Trautman, TE, Dayton

I will readily admit that I love Joe Burrow and acknowledge the odds of things falling exactly this way are a crap shoot, but it's certainly an intriguing look when names are added.
This is only 4 rounds worth of picks.  Still 5-7 to add o-line and skill position depth.

Again, this is just for the fun of the conversation...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArmyBengal said:

So for the fun of it and out of curiosity, I went back to TDN and did a mock draft where I was picking for both the Bengals and Dolphins.
The trade was for the Bengals #1 overall going to the Dolphins for all 3 of their first rounders and their first 2nd rounder. Not worried about 2021 picks in this instance...

I simply figured we keep seeing the name Burrow when we do these mocks, so instead of just seeing "3 first rounders and a 2nd", I would plug actual names in those selections.
Here's how it turned out and I must admit that I was VERY intrigued with the result.  An interesting thought as well is this does not include ANY free agent moves, which is probably pretty accurate.

I will readily admit that I love Joe Burrow and acknowledge the odds of things falling exactly this way are a crap shoot, but it's certainly an intriguing look when names are added.
This is only 4 rounds worth of picks.  Still 5-7 to add o-line and skill position depth.

Again, I would not complain much if that happened. But also again, it sort of demonstrates why it’s highly unlikely. If you’re the Dolphins, that’s a hell of a draft and a lot to give up for one player, even Burrow. And your team is even more full of holes than Cincy because you held a fire sale as part of your tanking strategy.

Now the latest almost certainly BS rumor is that the Panthers are trying to trade their first rounder, Cam, and probably some other picks, to Cincy for the first. Which would be a “hell no” from me and I’d guess from the Bengals too unless Carolina promises like their next 10 first round picks or something.

I just did a TDN mock that broke the draft.....of course this is just fantasy and would never happen in a million years but, I traded #1 and our 6th and 7th round selections this year for Miami's three firsts (#5, #18 and #26) and the later second round selection (#56).  I have run this scenario several times and never had this outcome before.  I post it here just for kicks and giggles. 

Miami passed on Burrow @ #1 to select Chase Young.   That caused Burrow to drop down to us at #5. In reality if this were the happen someone would move up (likely us) to Detroit at #3 to select Burrow but in the simulator only user initiated trades are approved, so.....

I selected Joe Burrow at #5.

At #18: Andrew Thomas, I still think he is the best Tackle in the draft...

At #26: the best player on the draft board was Tristan Wirfs so I took him

At #33: Kenneth Murray was still there....took .5 seconds to hit the draft button...

At #56: Netane Muti was there and I though what the heck let's just fix the oline once and for all.....\

at #65: Selected Bryce Hall, CB, Virgina....no idea how he dropped that far.

at #97: I drafted one of my favorite sleepers in this draft Jeremy Chinn, S, Southern Illinois

at #129: I drafted my favorite late round WR, Tyler Johnson, WR, Minnesota....

Our starting OLine would be Jonah Williams at LT, Tristan Wirfs at LG, Hopkins at C, Netane Muti at RG, and Andrew Thomas at RT....I think that would do.....  :)

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mockDraft/CJO2u5oiO6

43 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I just did a TDN mock that broke the draft.....of course this is just fantasy and would never happen in a million years but, I traded #1 and our 6th and 7th round selections this year for Miami's three firsts (#5, #18 and #26) and the later second round selection (#56).  I have run this scenario several times and never had this outcome before.  I post it here just for kicks and giggles. 

Miami passed on Burrow @ #1 to select Chase Young.   That caused Burrow to drop down to us at #5. In reality if this were the happen someone would move up (likely us) to Detroit at #3 to select Burrow but in the simulator only user initiated trades are approved, so.....

I selected Joe Burrow at #5.

At #18: Andrew Thomas, I still think he is the best Tackle in the draft...

At #26: the best player on the draft board was Tristan Wirfs so I took him

At #33: Kenneth Murray was still there....took .5 seconds to hit the draft button...

At #56: Netane Muti was there and I though what the heck let's just fix the oline once and for all.....\

at #65: Selected Bryce Hall, CB, Virgina....no idea how he dropped that far.

at #97: I drafted one of my favorite sleepers in this draft Jeremy Chinn, S, Southern Illinois

at #129: I drafted my favorite late round WR, Tyler Johnson, WR, Minnesota....

Our starting OLine would be Jonah Williams at LT, Tristan Wirfs at LG, Hopkins at C, Netane Muti at RG, and Andrew Thomas at RT....I think that would do.....  :)

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mockDraft/CJO2u5oiO6

Finally a trade scenario even mem will love!

Youre right, it could never happen, but still fun to look at.

3 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Major influx of talent.   Many will tell you Tua is the better QB to boot.     I love Joe Burrow too so I'm not going to trash him to make a point about Tua.

The overall point is this team needs a major influx of talent.   

This franchise hasn't landed an impact player from another team since.....???? Reggie Nelson? Pac Man?     You see a draft haul like that and it's crazy to think about.

Now if we could count on them landing 3/4 free agents that would fill holes.   Different story.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Finally a trade scenario even mem will love!

Youre right, it could never happen, but still fun to look at.

It is worth the exercise.  I am a Burrow fan and I want to see him with the Bengals and to lead our team but he doesn't fix our LB corp or Offensive Line issues.  If Miami were to drop all three first round picks and their second second round selection AND a first next year...I would be inclined to take that deal.  What I would do is keep Andy Dalton at QB in 2020.  I would draft Isiah Simmons at 5.  The best Offensive Linemen or WR or DB at 18.  I would draft Offensive Line at 26 unless I took an OLineman at 18, in that case I would take the BPA at 26.  Commonly this draft looks something like this....

5: Simmons

18: Andrew Thomas

26: Laviska Shenault

33: Grant Delpit

56: Netane Muti or Matt Hennesey at RG

4th Round: I take Jalen Hurts because that guys is a football player and while he may not have the requiste arm strength, I will take a chance on a guy like that with his leadership skills.

5th Round: Jordan Elliot or Tyler Johnson or Thaddeus Moss....whomever of those three players drops into our lap.

I have traded 6th and 7th rounds to the Dolphins so no picks there.  I then take the 2020 year starting Dalton but evaluating the hell out of Hurts.  If I feel he can be developed then I take the 2021 draft to further pad the roster...if not we package picks to make sure we get Lawrence.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wraith said:

It is worth the exercise.  I am a Burrow fan and I want to see him with the Bengals and to lead our team but he doesn't fix our LB corp or Offensive Line issues.  If Miami were to drop all three first round picks and their second second round selection AND a first next year...I would be inclined to take that deal.  What I would do is keep Andy Dalton at QB in 2020.  I would draft Isiah Simmons at 5.  The best Offensive Linemen or WR or DB at 18.  I would draft Offensive Line at 26 unless I took an OLineman at 18, in that case I would take the BPA at 26.  Commonly this draft looks something like this....

5: Simmons

18: Andrew Thomas

26: Laviska Shenault

33: Grant Delpit

56: Netane Muti or Matt Hennesey at RG

4th Round: I take Jalen Hurts because that guys is a football player and while he may not have the requiste arm strength, I will take a chance on a guy like that with his leadership skills.

5th Round: Jordan Elliot or Tyler Johnson or Thaddeus Moss....whomever of those three players drops into our lap.

I have traded 6th and 7th rounds to the Dolphins so no picks there.  I then take the 2020 year starting Dalton but evaluating the hell out of Hurts.  If I feel he can be developed then I take the 2021 draft to further pad the roster...if not we package picks to make sure we get Lawrence.

Well, that's an interesting thought as well.  Dalton starting at QB in 2020 is at the bottom of my list of how things should work out, but still interesting.

I will have to play around with that scenario...

TDN mock from this AM from me. I traded way back in 2 and picked up an extra 4th. I made the picks in a hypothetical where they signed two FA linebackers. Throckmorton can play both G and T per reports.

The results:

1. Burrow QB, LSU

2. Winifeld, Jr., S, Minn (62 overall)

3. Dantlzer, CB, Miss St (65 overall)

4a. Adams, OT, Washington (97 overall)

4b. Coe, Edge, Auburn (126 overall)

5. T. Johnson, WR, Minn (129 overall)

6. D. Duverney, WR, TX (160 overall)

7. Throckmorton, OT, Oregon (192 overall)

• Like 1

And here's one I just did on fanspeak - fanspeak premium (as I mentioned at one point) will propose deals. I used Matt Miller's recent big board, I made the selections for the Bengals w/ the computer doing the rest of the predictive picking, and I aggressively traded back several times and ended up with 12 picks - and, man, I like how this one fell (I ended up with a lot of my favorites on this one - in good rounds)(underscores how trading back and accumulating picks would be choice in a draft as deep as this one):

1: R1P1

QB JOE BURROW
LSU

48: R2P16

CB CAMERON DANTZLER
MISSISSIPPI STATE

65: R3P1

LB MALIK HARRISON
OHIO STATE

78: R3P14

OT ISAIAH WILSON
GEORGIA

100: R3P36

EDGE JONATHAN GREENARD
FLORIDA

104: R4P1

WR DENZEL MIMS
BAYLOR

116: R4P13

LB AKEEM DAVIS-GAITHER
APPALACHIAN STATE

130: R4P27

WR DEVIN DUVERNAY
TEXAS

143: R4P40

G NETANE MUTI
FRESNO STATE

147: R5P1

DL NICK COE
AUBURN

180: R6P1

S JORDAN FULLER
OHIO STATE

215: R7P1

DL DAVON HAMILTON
OHIO STATE

4 hours ago, membengal said:

TDN mock from this AM from me. I traded way back in 2 and picked up an extra 4th. I made the picks in a hypothetical where they signed two FA linebackers. Throckmorton can play both G and T per reports.

The results:

1. Burrow QB, LSU

2. Winifeld, Jr., S, Minn (62 overall)

3. Dantlzer, CB, Miss St (65 overall)

4a. Adams, OT, Washington (97 overall)

4b. Coe, Edge, Auburn (126 overall)

5. T. Johnson, WR, Minn (129 overall)

6. D. Duverney, WR, TX (160 overall)

7. Throckmorton, OT, Oregon (192 overall)

Like this one a lot.  Great secondary value. 

FanSpeak mock with the Walter Football big board:

1 - Joe Burrow, QB, LSU
2 - Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama
3 - Patrick Queen, LB, LSU
4 - Calvin Throckmorton, OT, Oregon
5 - Bryan Edwards, WR, SC
6 - Benito Jones, DL, Ole Miss
7 - Ben Bartch, OL, St. John's

Seems... unlikely.

On 2/21/2020 at 11:58 AM, AMPHAR said:

Major influx of talent.   Many will tell you Tua is the better QB to boot.     I love Joe Burrow too so I'm not going to trash him to make a point about Tua.

The overall point is this team needs a major influx of talent.   

This franchise hasn't landed an impact player from another team since.....???? Reggie Nelson? Pac Man?     You see a draft haul like that and it's crazy to think about.

Now if we could count on them landing 3/4 free agents that would fill holes.   Different story.

I have a bad feeling about Tua, nothing based in facts,  just a feeling.

I'm hoping we stay away from him.

11 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

Early returns Tua shorter than list at 6’0.  Bigger hands than Burrow, lol.

Burrow just under 6’4 and 9 inch hands

Herbert over 6’6 and huge 10 inch plus hands

Fromm: small hands about over 6’1

Heard all this on the radio. 

Does it matter? 

I doubt it.

I enjoy watching portions of the Combine when I have nothing else going on, but can't say that I really care about anything that comes out of that.

When Burrow was throwing 60 TD's this season, I wonder how many were saying... "If only his hands were bigger" ??
I'm going to take a guess and say none.

His shoe size is what really concerns me.  I heard his feet are small and not only that, his nail hygiene is lacking.
How the hell are you going to lead a team of men if your nails aren't clipped and filed down appropriately ??
Next report will be something about how he drinks White Claw...

• Like 1