33 Josh Jones, OT Houston
65 Isaiah Wilson, OT Georgia
97 Tyler Biadasz, IOL Wisconsin
129 Ben Bredeson, IOL Michigan
160 Justin Herron, OT Wake Forest

192 Calvin Throckmorton, OT Oregon

Happy now? ;)

54 minutes ago, cincyhokie said:

It's ideal. All of the Bengals main scouts (the coaches) had eyes on the best prospects during the Senior Bowl. Get more draft picks by trading down. Get even more by trading the above mentioned players. Capitalize on an ideal situation.

Now will they do it?

Sure - they traded down last year - they do that a lot in the second round actually 

My mock this AM on TDN - I traded out of 33 and picked up two of the Raiders’ third rounders at 81 and 91 giving my four selections between 66 and 97. The mock then went this way with me making the picks (I liked how this one played out):

1. Burrow

3. prince tego Wonohgo, T, auburn

3. Denzel Mims, wr, baylor

3. Damien Lewis, OG, lsu

4. Bradley anae, edge, utah

5. Tony Pride, Jr., CB, notre dame

6. Adam Trautman, TE, dayton

7. Antonio Gibson, wr/rb, Memphis 

Using the fanspeak mock feature (that one will propose trades) and the Matt Miller big board I just ended up with this crew by trading down in several instances  (I ended up with an extra 3rd and 5th and two extra 4ths):

1: R1P1

QB JOE BURROW
LSU
38: R2P6

WR BRANDON AIYUK
ARIZONA STATE
69: R3P5

LB MALIK HARRISON
OHIO STATE
73: R3P9

OT PRINCE TEGA WANOGHO
AUBURN
104: R4P1

TE ADAM TRAUTMAN
DAYTON
124: R4P21

CB LAMAR JACKSON
NEBRASKA
140: R4P37

WR ISAIAH HODGINS
OREGON STATE
147: R5P1

CB TROY PRIDE JR.
NOTRE DAME
160: R5P14

OT BEN BARTCH
ST. JOHNS
180: R6P1

G SHANE LEMIEUX
OREGON
215: R7P1

S JALEN ELLIOTT
NOTRE DAME
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stripes said:

I can dig the talent, though I'd be slightly annoyed by an all-offense Thursday/Friday. I'd get over it though given that one of the picks is cemented.

There should be plenty of chances to trade back a bit in the 2nd and 3rd and pick up extra picks in the 3rd, 4th and 5th. And that's not even counting maybe getting picks in trades for Dalton or others. They should be able to turn their seven picks into 10 or more if they so choose.  Should be enough picks if they do that to address both offense and defense (like the mock I did above). 

16 hours ago, Stripes said:

I can dig the talent, though I'd be slightly annoyed by an all-offense Thursday/Friday. I'd get over it though given that one of the picks is cemented.

Understood but that's the boat they are in.    They have so many needs everywhere.   To address them all they'll need to get healthy and stay healthy.   Young already drafted talent stepping up.   Free Agency and having a hit rate above the league normal in the draft for couple years.

Arguments can be made for an All Offense draft OR a QB+all defense draft.   It's just a matter of the individual's preference.    

It's so stale around Bengal land.   Offense is a need.  Offense sells tickets so that's were my mind is.   

Agree that the organization needs to be thinking about tickets sales and while I DON'T CARE ABOUT IT, Burrow makes more sense from that perspective.

The rest of the draft ??  Hate to say it again, but do they use free agency to get even ONE impact free agent player ??
With no free agency outside of internal and scrap heap, they need to take OL or LB at the top of the 2nd round.
Whichever they don't get there, get at the top of the 3rd.

AVOID DREW FUCKING SAMPLE PICKS IN 2020 !!!

Nothing would surprise me from there.  WR, OG, TE, CB, more OT or LB, even RB is someone's there.
I've been on the draftnetwork mock draft site as well.  Without any trades, there have been some interesting outcomes.
Fun to do them both taking Burrow and not taking Burrow.

The most important thing here to avoid is getting locked into a position for the second round selection.

I have almost 50 players in this graded as 1st Rd. Talent however, I am also seeing ALOT of drafts where Wirfs from Iowa, Wills from Alabama, Thomas from Georgia, Becton from Louisville, Jones from Houston (my personal favorite if he drops), and Jackson from USC are all gone by 33.  In that case you CANNOT reach for a Tackle.  Interior Offensive Line is weak in top end talent but strong in depth.  Linebackers are weak both in top end talent (after Simmons who won't last past pick 15) and depth. 

Something has got to give so if there is a run on Tackles and you cannot get value out of the position then you look elsewhere.  If Higgins or Shenault from Colorado (think Deebo Samuel but bigger and faster) drops to us at 33 you tip your hat and say "thank you sir!" and rush to the podium.  Wait and take a quality IOL or OT in Rd. 3.  This team has too often gotten vapor locked into picking a particular position at a particular point in the draft, you cannot do that with this opportunity.

I don't think they necessarily "target" any position, but have to think those options will probably be there.
My preference again is to see them get one FA (see o-line) and work from there.
There are always players that drop.  What happens if a top WR, RB, or another position falls ?? 
I think you grab them.

Official - I am going. I have booked the flights and the hotel. Got half on each due to points. Here we go. My lifelong bad luck jinx versus the Bengals doing the right thing and the national media trying to stir up trouble. What could possibly go wrong????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, membengal said:

Official - I am going. I have booked the flights and the hotel. Got half on each due to points. Here we go. My lifelong bad luck jinx versus the Bengals doing the right thing and the national media trying to stir up trouble. What could possibly go wrong????

When they pass on Burrow, now we’ll know who to blame!

Here's another mock I did on fanspeak- the trade algorithm tightened up and wasn't offering me much - I traded out of the pick in the 3rd round to pick up a 4th and a 6th. I wouldn't like to see that for real but it yielded this draft using Matt Miller's Big Board and team needs for the auto draft and me making the picks for the Bengals:

1: R1P1

QB JOE BURROW
LSU
33: R2P1

EDGE ZACK BAUN
WISCONSIN
104: R4P1

WR DENZEL MIMS
BAYLOR
112: R4P9

G DAMIEN LEWIS
LSU