Time to begin the rebuild

TJJackson

He led a TD drive to start the third quarter which he finished off with a TD run for his 8th score. They left him in for another series but took their foot off the gas a bit. They missed a FG on his last drive before he got pulled at the end of the 3rd quarter. 

he finished 29 for 39 for 493 yards and seven passing TDs and another 26 yards running on four carries for a TD.

• Like 1

Sure is they found a way to get the run game going, and it’s been great.  Same with them finally using the TE as well.

I will really be watching what the bengals do this offseason, Taylor did not have a full offseason, as he came in late. So can’t wait to see what’s done.

Also if they draft Burrow there is a lot of talent on this team with skill players. Mixon, Gio, Boyd,Tate, resign or Franchise AJ, I would resign Eifert as well, there is plenty of talent for a rookie QB. Continue working on this run game, get a few new lineman, and it could be a fun offense to watch. 

For possibly the first time ever, I am glad we have Mike Brown. Because there’s no way in hell that Mike, who never met a QB he didn’t like, doesn’t select Burrow.

(And yes, mem, I’m sure Zac is full of it here. Still, good to have the Big Brown Backstop in this case.)

Coaching lie.  

Tobin was spotted at LSU v Utah state game which featured two top QBs for this draft.

Since the day Taylor was hired there have been QB rumors.   Last year’s QB class wasn’t great so Mike Brown squashed any Dalton extension talk. 

When the bye week came they threw Finley in there for the hell of it.  They kept a 3rd QB. 

Trade down. Trade out of 1. Yes barrow is elite but so is jalen , and others like Gordon (WSU) will be available. Get several Miami’s picks for Barrow . Stockpile to fix defense. Get picks for green sad but necessary. Get another back like drake and load up to surround tate Boyd and Ross. I have spoken. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

My guess on how things will go:

Dalton: released at the start of FA. Sure, the Bengals have the cap space to keep him even at his big number but I doubt they do, and most teams I think will feel the same way. Why give up a good pick for a guy who will likely be available anyhow? Someone might offer a late round pick but I’m betting the Bengals won’t feel like it’s worth bothering with. Andy has always been a team guy and this will be his reward.

Green: re-signed. They’ll have 60-70 million in cap space post-Dalton. What else are they going to do with the money? Spend it on outside FAs? Lolololol. Tag and trade deals are fantasies. The only real question in my mind is whether they get a deal done early or, presumably after tagging him, later on.

Draft: Burrow. He buys Taylor at least two more seasons and puts butts back in the seats for Mike. Oh, and he looks pretty good, too.