How bad is AJ hurt ??

ArmyBengal

Better to have it happen now than a week before the season starts.  Hopefully only a sprain, they can proceed with caution, and AJ starts week 1.

But with our recent run of luck, they’ll stop just short of amputation and he’ll have season ending surgery.

Yeah not good that they carted him off, at all.  30 years old, 9th year in the league, final year of deal, chronic foot injury issues, his whole game is speed and making acrobatic/difficult catches, slight build, at a position where most guys decline rather rapidly at his age.  

That said you'd figure he'd have a few more great years left without the injury problems.  Seeing a developing scenario where this may very well be the final year of the Dalton/AJ era, unless for some reason Dalton excels in the new system, but am not seeing that behind this o-line.

I'm frankly not bothered.  This team is just not likely to be very good anyway.  So let's hurl some adversity in the direction of Zac Taylor.  Either he responds brilliantly to it now and we all feel great, or he gets some valuable experience to carry forward into a new season that doesn't feel lost before it begins.

3 hours ago, Stripes said:

I'm frankly not bothered.  This team is just not likely to be very good anyway.  So let's hurl some adversity in the direction of Zac Taylor.  Either he responds brilliantly to it now and we all feel great, or he gets some valuable experience to carry forward into a new season that doesn't feel lost before it begins.

Taylor is getting a grand welcome to professional football in Cincy.  Lose your star offensive guy to injury, lose your 1 draft pick to injury, lack talent on the offensive line, lack talent at the linebacker and accept the fact that no help is coming in the form of big player trades or big FA signings (not that there are any left currently)... 

Fans like me stay around for the miracle, Zac Taylor, magician, pulls a rabbit out of the hat and gets Cincy back to the SuperBowl...

man if I had only grown up when Paul Brown was coaching/owning 

Washington’s line coach is the “Great” Callahan that trained Pollack who we thought would be great last year.  Also rumored to be our first choice OL coach.  

His son is our OC. 

It would be interesting to know what they think about a trade or not for Trent Williams. 

Wtf that’s some bullshit!   Dre Kirkpatrick was covering him. Cut him!   the reports are saying no timetable or up to 6-8 weeks because there’s torn ligaments and could possibly take even longer. Then players are complaining that the field is garbage. What in the hell is Zac doing letting his team play on that field?  First strike against Zac. You don’t put your players on a field that’s torn up. Damn it Zac pull your head out of your ass get it together. 

NFL wanted to highlight the history of the league.  First game was in Dayton, involved the Columbus Panhandles.  The league was going to spend 400k to upgrade the original site, bailed on that, said just go to UD’s field.  Field sucked, AJ hurt.  

Pretty standard stuff for the Bengals.  Ultimately the league is trying to monetize training camp.  The NFL might be the greediest business in existence today.

2 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

NFL Network reporting no surgery, not ruled out for week 1. 

Hopefully the NFL get their info from a more independent source than the Bengals front office (via medical staff)

I'm still expecting "good to go for week 1" and then be told by week 3 that Green has had his leg removed !!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Well, he had surgery on the ankle today, which was described as a "minor clean-out".
Still saying 6-8 weeks.  I'm with Scottish that the odds of leg removal are higher than him being ready week one.
Bengals just can't catch a break.

Cody Core makes the team again so Andy can throw to someone in camp who knows the routes.  

• 2 weeks later...