Offensive Line

AMPHAR

Well they just announced Jonah will miss the entire season after getting hurt in practice.  Somehow I knew that was going to happen - because it's the Bengals.

Thank God for college football.  The NFL just gets less appealing every year...but it's football. 

This o-line is garbage still and they will be lucky to win 5 games, you just can't go into every season not addressing weakenesses like that in FA and expect to be any better.

They may want to look at signinng or trading for an upgrade at OT.   They put all their chips on Williams, Hart and Glenn.  Miller "should" be a modest upgrade at RG, but other than that, same line as last year now.  And from what I could tell, Price isn't exactly ready to become a PB Center any time soon, but there's always the hope that he and Miller will improve both positions, if Price can stay healthy as well.  

If Glenn breaks down again early in the season, they're in real trouble.  You don't make the playoffs with 2 of the worst OT's in the league (i.e. w/o Glenn, and even then, not so hot).

I thought the line was horrible last year.  People seemed not to complain as much because the whipping boys were gone.

Glenn was a let down, big time. 

Price, OMG, can you image the reaction if Bodine would have gotten run over on the first pass attempt resulting in an INT?  Then later in the year snapping a ball over the head of your QB resulting in broken thumb? 

Boling- he’s a workman solid type.

Redmon - sucked

Hart - sucked 

So good luck to that new coach and new RG Miller.  

I think signing or trading for an OT upgrade is a pipe dream.

Simple fact is Hart while horrible isn’t overpaid.  Teams are not going to be parting with competent players at franchise positions.  Especially as thin as the NFL has been for years at tackle. 

The only dumbass team that seems willing to do that IS this team.   Should have franchised Whit and took the risk of overpaying the position group. 

This is Tobin’s biggest fuck up.  Whitworth and the fact they are striking out with every O-line draft pick.   

Coach them up and hope you get lucky. 

Typical Bengals luck (curse).

Probably pick up a camp cast-off from some team for a 1 year deal.

Would they d have the possibility of raiding someone's practice squad ?? I can't ever remember them doing that before

Hey, I wonder what would happen if some online sports entity decided to rate NFL fan bases, 1 through 32?

Oh wait, one comes out like every 4 days and we’re always near the bottom.  Just read another one.  So tiresome.  

This line could be really bad enough to sink the remainder of the Dalton/Green era.

Really the front office has known it was a critical unit to rebuild.   

They traded up for Bodine after a season Cook was injured.  

The next draft they took Ced/Fisher. 

Then when all these pieces flop.

They trade down to land Glenn then Price.

Next draft take Williams the try to trade up for Ford (presumably). 

They really need Price, Miller and Hart to this streak of strike outs. 

That’s what it feels like.  We’ve seen this strategy fail before.  Underperforming position group gets a couple guys changed out using cast-offs or barely mid level free agents.  Maybe a new position coach.  Then the season rolls around and it’s no better.  Linebacker group comes to mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Boling done for good, retires from football.

https://www.bengals.com/news/family-no-1-concern-as-boling-retires