Changing Things With Free Agents / Draft

ArmyBengal

They just paid one of the lowest rated OT's from last year (yes, there were backups rated higher) in the top 10 tackles in the league.
Tell me again, why they can't go after high rated free agents ??  The Bengals are just stupid here.  There is no explaining it.

Yes, the paid the wrong guy.  What a lazy stupid ass deal they just handed a shitty player.
Totally sucked the air from my sails as to what to expect in 2019.

RT wasn't the "Be all, end all" for 2019, but it's a key part of the equation.
Maybe they will bring back Rey Maualuga to play linebacker this year as well.

FUCK !!!

TEN FUCKING SACKS TURNER.  YOU FUCK.
HOW ABOUT ALL THE FALSE STARTS ??
HAVE FUN FIXING THAT FAT POS !!!

It hurts my head to think about how this impacts the draft.
Do you still draft an OT at #11 and say fuck paying Hart in the top 10 of his position ??
Do you not draft an OT and run with what you've got in Hart ??

Jesus this team makes it very difficult to root for them.
Moves like this make me want to root for them to lose.
Simply because it would serve them right for being stupid.

Not worth the outrage.   As with most things on Twitter and the knee jerk reaction.

It’s basically a 1 year 5.5m deal with two 1 year options.   They can cut him after this if he doesn’t perform with little cap problems.

Not saying he won’t start.  He probably gets first crack at the spot.   This hardly guarantees him anything but a roster spot this year. 

It's not outrage, just stupid.
Why pay the guy that kind of coin ?? 7.4 million isn't chump change.  Remember when 8 million was too much for Zeitler ??
Hart was on his way to a vet minimum deal somewhere after last year's effort.

Hart playing RT is like me pulling one of my rope like turds out of the toilet thinking I'm a Cowboy doing lasso tricks.

Just saying it’s a one year prove it deal then morphs to training camp fodder years 2 and 3. 

The reporting of these contracts are fraudulent at best.  Everyone sees the 21 mil number and freaks out.

IMO, he’ll have first shot to earn the starting job but the only thing this contract does is guarantee him a roster spot this year. 

The value of this deal  is easily swing tackle/back up money.  If he starts and plays average then it’s a deal.

if he sucks, he sucks and no amount of contract Mumbai jumbo solves that. 

I get what you are saying....
However, there's really no amount or number of years that is going to make me feel good about this in all honesty.

The guy sucks balls and has no business being in play for a starting position on this team.
Anything short of letting him walk is a loss for the Bengals.

17 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Bobby Fucking Hart. Dude was already one of the worst players last year. Why ??

Devils advocate here but could he have been signed as an insurance policy just in case they don't draft a OT ?? 

If they do draft an OT then they cut Hart, if they don't draft an OT then they have something rather than no-one  (although what I saw of him last year he was as effective as no-one ....Marshall Newhouse re-born !!)

???????

44 minutes ago, Scottishbengal said:

Devils advocate here but could he have been signed as an insurance policy just in case they don't draft a OT ?? 

If they do draft an OT then they cut Hart, if they don't draft an OT then they have something rather than no-one  (although what I saw of him last year he was as effective as no-one ....Marshall Newhouse re-born !!)

???????

Hart won’t be cut this summer.  He’d have to be horrible beyond what he was last year.  

However by all account Ced is gone, Fisher  gone and Andre Smith gone. 

They will be adding tackles from somewhere.  

They also happen to like Hart’s potential.  I don’t agree.   But you can’t go down 4 tackles and walk into draft day empty either. 

Aside from that the PFF 34th ranked Right tackle just got 12 mil average.  

The market has changed.  The nature of the deals are fraudulently reported.  

This is a nothing burger and typical first day free agency freak out. 

54 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Yeah, gave that some thought as well.

You already have Fisher and Ogbuehi leaving.  Those are still holes to fill.
Had to have someone.

UGH !!!  Just can't figure out why you don't go after someone to actually, you know, help ??

Some RT dude from the Phins just got 12 mil a year 32 mil guaranteed.  He was PFF ranked 34. 

I have no idea who this guy is and if he was on the field but the Dolphins tackles last fall couldn’t block shit.  

Bengals D had  like two scores off pressure. 

Browns gave Greg Robinson 7 mil for a year and he sucked so bad got cut twice before ending up in Cleveland.   

Different world out there.  

Memo

To:  Andy Dalton

Thanks for your inquiry Mr. Dalton.  Yes, we still manufacture suits that are made to withstand the attack of a grizzly bear.  As you stated in your letter, yes, they are similar to the impenetrable suit of armor featured in "Robocop".  

Why the sudden interest today?  We've been corresponding for some time, yet the urgency of your request startled me a little.  Did something happen?

We'll ship the prototype to you.  It is our version 6, and it is made of titanium, air cushioning, and duct tape.  I've personally tested the suit, having been hit by a pickup truck going 25 miles an hour.  I didn't sustain even a slight concussion.  I'm fine.  I have no idea if the suit can make the necessary arm movement to throw a football.  

Again, I'm curious why you are suddenly so anxious to obtain one of our suits.  

Truly yours,

Troy Hurtubise

• Like 1

They spend all this money on a shitty RT yet let any good LB sign with other teams not even trying.

Oh and why the hell is Burfict still on the team? Get rid of that fool as well. Maybe he plays with a lot of passion as well.

As much as I hated Marvin as the coach, the root of the problem with this team is the people running it, they are all terrible at this!

This team was terrible last year, but they keep signing there own guys, wow they suck at this free agency shit.

Oh yea you give Hart all that money, but yet refused to pay Andrew Whitworth.....Fuck You Bengals front office!

Preston Brown now signed for 3 year 21 million! Who the hell is signing these guys.......stop! You sucked last year these guys are not worth the money and are not going to win with them now!

8 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

Just saying it’s a one year prove it deal then morphs to training camp fodder years 2 and 3. 

The reporting of these contracts are fraudulent at best.  Everyone sees the 21 mil number and freaks out.

IMO, he’ll have first shot to earn the starting job but the only thing this contract does is guarantee him a roster spot this year. 

The value of this deal  is easily swing tackle/back up money.  If he starts and plays average then it’s a deal.

if he sucks, he sucks and no amount of contract Mumbai jumbo solves that. 

You can't expect people to be excited about, or even "ok" with it though.  It's more of the same bad personnel decisions they've made a lot of, the last 2-3 years in particular.   I don't understand why he cost them $7 mil a year, not sure who else would pay him near that much.  I'd rather have had Kroft back, and overpay him.

5 minutes ago, Stripes said:

Mayfield to Beckham and Landry, eh?

I've prepared my butt for a 40 point loss to Cleveland.

Not that I would want Odell but at least the Browns are making football fun for them again.

Not really feeling how this "New Dey" thing is going here. Sorry but Hart just does not excite me.