Changing Things With Free Agents / Draft

ArmyBengal

14 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

I'm taking a look now at players that have fallen to and past #11 recently.

2018- S Derwin James (Chargers) was thought to be a top 10 pick without question and fell to #17.
2017- CB Marshon Lattimore (Saints) was thought to be a top 5 pick and fell to #11.
2016- OT Laremy Tunsil (Dolphins) was thought to be the best OT and fell to #13 due to pics of him doing bong hits.
2015- CB Marcus Peters (Chiefs) was thought to be a top 10 pick and fell to #18.
2014- WR Odell Beckham (Giants) was thought to be a top 10 pick and fell to #12.

That's just the last five years and while they didn't drop far, they all dropped to #11 or a little further.
There are more than just those as well.  With the exception of Tunsil, they are all also Pro Bowl level players.

Bengals' have so many talent needs, trading-down could easily happen also.   Not sure I'd pass on White or one of the top 2 OT's though.   

If "Andy's your man," then why even consider a QB with the 11th pick? One of only 5 teams he met with, so that's more than "due diligence" I think.   I am pretty sure Taylor wants to hand-pick his own QB, sooner than later.  If they don't, gotta imagine they'll get a trade offer from someone like the Redskins or Miami,  as it seems one of the top 4 QB's should be there at #11.

Marvin never liked to have competition for his QB starter. 

I still think they sabotaged McAaron’s rookie year to avoid QB competition talk.

It will be interesting to see how that goes forward.   The QB offseason talk for the Bengals hasn’t gone away.

Is it baseless speculation?  First Tannehill. Now Rosen.  Now the Dookie QB. 

If they just have to have a new QB, I couldn't fault their thought process on it.
The talk of Dalton would be accurate in that he would remain the starter while the new guy sits and then Dalton would be shown the door in 2020.
Needs with the o-line and linebackers could still be addressed in free agency if the organization further changes their approach to things.

Who knows how this is going to shake out, but there seemingly is a bunch of FA talent out there to be had.
F*ck the comp picks and fix the damn team.
The only FA we have that could get paid better than average is Dennard and even that will have it's limits.

• ArmyBengal changed the title to Changing Things With Free Agents / Draft

Yeah and you know MB isn't going to pay two QB's for very long.  But that said, they can afford it since Dalton was front-loaded.  

Bengals' made tender offers to Hopkins, Redmond, Brandon Bell and McRae.  Hopkins' offer is a 2nd round tender, so they obviously would like him back.  He's done "ok" but talk about setting some low standards, yet I get it, they gotta bunch of bodies and no talent on the o-line outside of Price (who's been underwhelming ultimately) and Glenn (who seems to be breaking-down late in his career).

I guess I'm more interested in those who "didn't" get tendered, if anyone, I just haven't kept up with it, as I don't care that much about the amount of "bleh" on this roster currently.

We need QB depth, Driskell proved he isn't worthy. I know you can point fingers at the O-line and Lazor but Driskell won't cut the mustard f Dalton goes down again. I don't think the 11th pick should be used on QB depth though

Just based on the public opinion.

White would be an A+++ pick.   Had film to be considered a top prospect and the combine confined that skill.

Landing him outside the top 10 would be a steal.

Dillard seems to solidifying himself as the top tackle.  I’d consider that an A pick.  Has to the skill to lock down left side in pass pro. 

On 3/7/2019 at 7:25 AM, ArmyBengal said:

If they just have to have a new QB, I couldn't fault their thought process on it.
The talk of Dalton would be accurate in that he would remain the starter while the new guy sits and then Dalton would be shown the door in 2020.
Needs with the o-line and linebackers could still be addressed in free agency if the organization further changes their approach to things.

Who knows how this is going to shake out, but there seemingly is a bunch of FA talent out there to be had.
F*ck the comp picks and fix the damn team.
The only FA we have that could get paid better than average is Dennard and even that will have it's limits.

Agree on most of it but Dennard isn't a first rate slot player. He'll get a job but the dollars will depend on whether he plays teams. 

Devin White could turn into the center of our defense for ten years.  He could fall to us, I'm hoping he does.

Dennard, per what I'm reading, is wanting to get paid like an outside corner because he thinks he can play there.   He's been mainly in the slot for us, his agent feels that's on us and is looking to get him paid.  Probably gone.  

Ugh they resigned Hart to a deal, now I know nothing has changed. YUCK!!!!! Let that fool walk!!

Damn they gave him money as well. What a waste spend money on guys that matter!!! Worst RT and he is now making 7x what he made last year! 

I give up with how this team views free agents anymore. Stupid!

3 year 21 million dollars. Let that sink in guys!! Screw this shit!!!!!

Oh and screw this o-line coach who thought he was good enough to pay this kind of money! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Bobby Fucking Hart. Dude was already one of the worst players last year. Why ??

Dude is a backup OG at best. At worst he’s what we had last year. Fuck you Bobby Hart !!!

You suck fat donkey balls !!!

This is the hill he’ll die on. Trying to turn hart into Wilie, nope not happening.