Week 6 and 17- Steelers talk

Stripes

Just now, volcom69 said:

Stupid! 

Well wonder what this will do to this team.

They'll be 4-3 after KC kills them and given their schedule will likely be in the hunt for a WC, but won't beat anybody again if they do earn a spot,.

It's literally the same old story, same old song and dance, every year Marvin has been the coach.  Cost-cutting owner and failing to shore-up areas of weakness = zero playoff wins for decades.  They can't beat good teams often enough, seems like they never do...just pretenders.

That'll teach us...... there was no way we were winning that game. The nfl is a joke that is only designed to make sure the "big" teams reach the playoffs every year. Some of the missed calls or fake calls against our guys is beyond laughable now. We are just gonna have to accept our role of lower/mid team who can't play with the big boys

They are to injured anymore there was swiss cheese with the starters it will be even worse after today!

So happy for Andy he played his butt off and looked great doing so, with some clutch passes. But why in the HELL wouldn't you run the ball a play or two to take time of the clock. All passes come on, why would you give Ben that much time!!

oh and yes why the hell would you all out blitz on the last drive!!!!

Stupid decisions at the end of the game that I think could have and should have won the game!

What the hell do I know though I'm just a fan 

A few final observations: 

Why did Dalton snap the ball with :17 sec's left on the play clock (1:24 remaining) with a 1st and 10 at the Steeler's 11? (typical bonehead Andy stuff)

Why did the Bengals' call an all-out blitz on the final play that Ben just audibled out of? (and Burfict complaining about going into the locker room on camera "we don't even run that play in practice") 

Where is Marvin's accountability as a HC when these mistakes happen over and over again? (this is why he's not a great HC and never will be)

Austin has been very disappointing as a DC here so far.  His defense is sitting near the bottom of the league I'm guessing, as they've yet to give-up fewer than 27 points in a game so far.  Miami and Baltimore are the best wins so far, both teams are mediocre .500'ish teams at this point.

Pittsburgh has won 9 of the last 10 meetings, 7 consecutive games now,  and 6 straight home losses to them dating back to 2013.

Marvin still has a job in the land of low expectations.  I pray this is the last year we have to watch his sorry pregnant-looking ass coach here, sick of him.

Austin is has been terrible as a DC man I would rather have Guenther here at this point!!! Who calls an all out blitz on the last plays of the game. Burfict was heard saying at the end that they are running stuff they never practiced!!

Also Burfict really needs to learn to tackle and stop trying to take other players out. I watched him lead with his helmet on so many plays, hell he even knocked Bates out of the game for awhile. I'm not convinced he is the LB anymore, he plays very average.

Snapping the ball early with 17 seconds or whatever is just lack of game management.   Steelers should have never touched the ball with over a minute and 3 timeouts left.   

It happened in Indy too,  we got a scoop and score to save us from that one. 

That’s just a complete lack of game awareness.

All out blitz doesn’t bother me as much because the Steelers already had a decent FG attempt in their pocket.   Got to take a chance to ruin it. 

Of course they do not call holding ever on the Steelers line. 

It’s pretty bad when you score a go ahead TD and purposely leave early. Got my Who Dey’s and high fives in.  Sang some Bengals growl on the out of the concourse and then stood by the end zone gates waiting for the inevitable. 

I just don’t see how a coaching staff can’t see something so obvious.    Just leaving time on the play clock.  

49 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

It’s pretty bad when you score a go ahead TD and purposely leave early. Got my Who Dey’s and high fives in.  Sang some Bengals growl on the out of the concourse and then stood by the end zone gates waiting for the inevitable. 

I just don’t see how a coaching staff can’t see something so obvious.    Just leaving time on the play clock.  

I purposely didn't watch the game.  But I would imagine the Steelers knew this as well and didn't mind letting them score quickly.  I can't imagine that Tomlin wasn't aware.

As always, I’m glad I have other things to do when they play the Steelers. Didn’t watch and am happy about that. Sounds like the same old same old in this matchup.

Stupid decisions, poor game management, players acting stupid, Marvin getting out coached, and the Bengals losing yet again.

Didnt we all know how this story was going to end before it even started ?? Again, it’s why I no longer watch when they play the Steelers. This team is just stupid.

Watched it with a rom full of Bengals fans.  All of us saying to Mixon fall down on the half yard line.  I seriously would burn the clock then try to score to win the game or not score to lose the game.  To leave a minute 20 or whatever, just too much.  I know the philosophy is score when you can.  I say change it.  Burn the clock and score to win the game.  If we had a good defense, I’d think differently.

Also, when Ben audibled after we showed pressure on the last play, time to back out of it.  

31 minutes ago, cincyhokie said:

I see where the Steelers and their fans are whining about the "hit" by Burfict on Brown.  Is this what the NFL has come down to?  Steelers complaining about a shoulder to shoulder hit on a runner?  STFU.  They dish for decades and just can't take it back.

Sorry man but I think Burfict was head hunting and was doing it all game. In fact on that play not only did he take Brown out for a game, he took out his own guy Bates. He plays so stupid when playing these guys, he is hard to watch, just knowing he will get a 15 yard penalty soon. 

I used to really like Burfict but I don't think he is the same player anymore, I just don't think he makes that much of a difference.

Oh and the NFL is horrible anymore, it has been for a few years, and it's getting worse every year. Teams are losing games because of horrible calls, it's just not as fun as it once was.

Kirkpatrick whining in the locker room and saying "they ain't better than us, we better than them" just screams that this team does not learn.  That shit is embarrassing.

They whooped your ass in literally 68 seconds in your house.  They're better.  If you can't accept it, then you can't *fix* it.

Burfict played very well today.  

Other than losing another should have could have won, I’m not sure why this is turning into a Burfict bash fest. 

Simple fact is Pittsburgh Steelers are hard to defend.  You have to manage a game. 

Critical points in the game in my mind are punting the first drive of the second half on a 4th and 1 from Pitt 40.  Then watching a FG drive ensue, then not learning your lesson and turning the ball over to them with a minute 1:18 and three timeouts when game managing would have taken seconds and timeouts.

They did same shit in Indy and it goes unnoticed because Fed gets the TD.  The go ahead drive Dalton is snapping the ball with double digit seconds left on the play clock.   Could have easily taken a minute plus off the clock or timeouts.  

It’s just dumb.   I heard today and can’t believe it but we’ve lost 4 home games in a row to them after having a lead in the 4th quarter?????   That can’t be real. 

42 minutes ago, Stripes said:

Kirkpatrick whining in the locker room and saying "they ain't better than us, we better than them" just screams that this team does not learn.  That shit is embarrassing.

They whooped your ass in literally 68 seconds in your house.  They're better.  If you can't accept it, then you can't *fix* it.

I heard this and not sure if it’s correct ,but...., 4 home games vs Steelers in a row they have lost after having a 4th quarter lead. 

That can’t be right it’s so absurd. 

• ArmyBengal changed the title to Week 6 and 17- Steelers talk