Week 11 - Ravens Talk

AMPHAR

2 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Yeah I think you can officially put a fork in the Bengals' season.  I wouldn't be surprised if Cleveland beats them at this point.

I said before the season that I believe we'll finish last, and sadly I still believe it. The 5 wins flatters us, none were convincing, unlike most of the losses. The browns are on the up whereas we've been treading water for years now. Nothing will change with the Brown/Lewis combo is here, such a waste of talent :(

Additional observation:  They had 2nd and 3 on that last drive, yet threw a sideline fade to an un-open Ross (really, why?), and couldn't convert on 3 tries.  Couldn't get 3 yards, mostly because they chose to run lower % passing plays when they didn't need to yet.

File another one under "things Dalton does that cost them time and time again, but no one mentions."   7+ years of the s.o.s.

The typical Marvin-coached defense gave up 2 FG's in the last two minutes of the first half.  That consistency has to be some sort of NFL record, it has to be at this point.

Oh, and Jackson isn't going to last long in this league playing like he did today.  It's just a matter of time before his first multi-game or season-ending injury occurs.   The Bengals' aren't stopping/hurting anybody unless it's a cheap shot from Burfict or Williams, but man I can't believe Harbaugh let's him run around like that constantly - you can't do that in the NFL, their 3rd string QB is living proof.

Yea I once again don't understand why on 2nd and 3 you go for it all, there is no point in that.

We could question Lazor so many times this year for such stupid play calling, and decisions at the end of games. 

I would not be upset to see him leave at this point. I understand guys are hurt, but these calls are just terrible.

So yea whatever anymore this year it really does not matter at this point.

There were about a million people who thought Marvin should be replaced after last season.

There was one person who thought it would be a good idea to bring him back.  

This game had Marvin all over it.  He got out coached, couldn’t figure out how to deal with the clock, and ran his pet rhino out there with a 55 jersey on to get swallowed whole by o-linemen.  

I’ve seen this movie before.  Mike doesn’t understand how stale his product has become.  Hopefully the fans will stay away in droves and send him a message.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kingwilly said:

I'm sick of this freaking team. 

Agreed.  And we’re also watching Marvin do everything he can to set up his best friend as his successor.  Also, by coincidence, his friend is a two-time head coach and the 2nd worst head coach in NFL history.  

If Marvin pulls this off I’ll be completely pissed.  Reports are already out there that Hue will be running the defense in a couple weeks.

Fire them both at the end of the season.

1 hour ago, COB said:

There were about a million people who thought Marvin should be replaced after last season.

This game had Marvin all over it.  He got out coached, couldn’t figure out how to deal with the clock, and ran his pet rhino out there with a 55 jersey on to get swallowed whole by o-linemen.  

I’ve seen this movie before.  Mike doesn’t understand how stale his product has become.  Hopefully the fans will stay away in droves and send him a message.

Vontez Burfict now misses more tackles then he makes. He is nothing on this defense anymore, nothing but a problem! 

I really thought he was going to be something but I'm just watching him get worse each game. 

1 hour ago, COB said:

Very true.

And not to be morbid or wish anyone's death.  But the only chance this franchise has to change direction is when Mike passes away or becomes incapacitated.  

58 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

Vontez Burfict now misses more tackles then he makes. He is nothing on this defense anymore, nothing but a problem! 

I really thought he was going to be something but I'm just watching him get worse each game. 

He's toast.  He should be encouraged to retire for the sake of his future health.

So I watched the majority of the game and won't get all worked up about what I saw.
I tuned in mostly because I thought Lamar Jackson would have a good day in his first start.

As the game went on, I found myself with that old feeling of really wanting to see the Bengals get the win.
Then I found myself with that OTHER old feeling of being let down yet again by a team that wasn't prepared for what my 7 year old knew was coming.

Nothing changed this week except "Defensive Guru" Marvin handling the defense.  The outcome of his Guruness ??  (No, I don't think that's a word)
Reading an article headline about how the Bengals "D" is encouraged despite the loss to the Ravens.
Figures they would go the silver lining approach.  I mean it was only the most rushing yards given up by a Bengals team against the Ravens, ever.

Lewis busts out a new classic about his defense stating, "I thought they learned something about themselves".
However, he quickly reverted to his old standbys, such as, "Just got to keep fighting and playing".

Hardy Nickerson said, "We practiced a lot of their runs.  They threw in a lot of new runs for this game".
You know why Hardy ??  Because they started a new fucking quarterback that you couldn't have practiced for because he's never started a game.
Somehow the Bengals are still trying to figure out how that happened in allowing a QB to rush for more than 100 yards.

Bobby Hart, I don't want to be mean, but could you please just leave ??  Seriously, you suck. 
Someone needs to explain to me how Malik Jefferson was a better pick in the 3rd round when Orlando Brown Jr. was still on the board.
For teams to claim the proof is in the tape, the Bengals obviously didn't pay any attention to his and only focused on his work out.

Anyway, just to show my level of disinterest and disgust in this organization, I find absolutely no pain or sick feeling in stating the following:
I HOPE THE BROWNS BEAT THE BENGALS SUNDAY !!!

Seriously.  A good beat down at the hands of another rookie QB even though we just hired their previous head coach.
Nothing would be more satisfying than seeing the coaches and front office figure out how that happened.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES, HERE WE GO !!!

Yes, that's what I've been reduced to.
Thanks Bengals.  Eat a dick...

Bengals were horrendous at setting the edge.  Jackson had probably a dozen runs were he easily cuts the corner then jogs out of bounds for 6+ yards. 

That’s either horrible scheme having your ends constantly pinch or lack of discipline by your ends. 

Then some wonderful game management lapses that cost them.  Throwing a hopeless bomb on 3rd and 14 at the end of the half and stopping the clock.  Leading to a 2nd end of half FG, omg. 

Then letting fat Randy kick a 52 yard attempt.    

Just freaking clueless about his defenses abilities. 

If Fat Randy kicks to to tie the game.  Jackson gets enough plays in for Tucker to win it.    On 3rd and 8 you have to think it’s 2 plays to get 8 yards.   You can’t let the other team have the ball with that much time. 

On 11/19/2018 at 5:20 AM, ArmyBengal said:

So I watched the majority of the game and won't get all worked up about what I saw.
I tuned in mostly because I thought Lamar Jackson would have a good day in his first start.

As the game went on, I found myself with that old feeling of really wanting to see the Bengals get the win.
Then I found myself with that OTHER old feeling of being let down yet again by a team that wasn't prepared for what my 7 year old knew was coming.

Nothing changed this week except "Defensive Guru" Marvin handling the defense.  The outcome of his Guruness ??  (No, I don't think that's a word)
Reading an article headline about how the Bengals "D" is encouraged despite the loss to the Ravens.
Figures they would go the silver lining approach.  I mean it was only the most rushing yards given up by a Bengals team against the Ravens, ever.

Lewis busts out a new classic about his defense stating, "I thought they learned something about themselves".
However, he quickly reverted to his old standbys, such as, "Just got to keep fighting and playing".

Hardy Nickerson said, "We practiced a lot of their runs.  They threw in a lot of new runs for this game".
You know why Hardy ??  Because they started a new fucking quarterback that you couldn't have practiced for because he's never started a game.
Somehow the Bengals are still trying to figure out how that happened in allowing a QB to rush for more than 100 yards.

Bobby Hart, I don't want to be mean, but could you please just leave ??  Seriously, you suck. 
Someone needs to explain to me how Malik Jefferson was a better pick in the 3rd round when Orlando Brown Jr. was still on the board.
For teams to claim the proof is in the tape, the Bengals obviously didn't pay any attention to his and only focused on his work out.

Anyway, just to show my level of disinterest and disgust in this organization, I find absolutely no pain or sick feeling in stating the following:
I HOPE THE BROWNS BEAT THE BENGALS SUNDAY !!!

Seriously.  A good beat down at the hands of another rookie QB even though we just hired their previous head coach.
Nothing would be more satisfying than seeing the coaches and front office figure out how that happened.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES, HERE WE GO !!!

Yes, that's what I've been reduced to.
Thanks Bengals.  Eat a dick...

Sadly, I think I feel like you do. Feels like I'm a man without a country. 

2 hours ago, kingwilly said:

Sadly, I think I feel like you do. Feels like I'm a man without a country. 

Cincy Jungle had a headline that read something like, “Nothing will change even if they lose out so you might as well root for the Bengals to win.”

Since I read that I’ve been driving around looking for a very high bridge.

8 hours ago, COB said:

Cincy Jungle had a headline that read something like, “Nothing will change even if they lose out so you might as well root for the Bengals to win.”

Since I read that I’ve been driving around looking for a very high bridge.

The sad part is it's so true, whether they win or lose, it will have no impact on next year. They have been writing the same story for 15 years, and it still does not have a ending.

Now step back from that ledge my friend, the bengals are not worth it!!!!