Hobson Article on the New Approach from Pollack for the O-line

membengal

18 hours ago, COB said:

I’m not buying this bullshit for one second.

Buy it!   Sources say Pollack handed Ced a bottle of Heinz Ketchup.  Dude flipped it over gently tapped the “57” and appropriately condimented a plate of fries.

Same source indicated when this test was done previously by Alexander, Ced inserted a straw and drank it like a soda.  

If true.  Unquestioned progress and the light has come on. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cincinnati Bengals first-round pick Billy Price still isn’t able to do any drills against the defense, and won’t be for the duration of this mandatory minicamp, but the former Ohio State center said it’s only a matter of days before he gets full medical clearance on the pectoral injury he suffered at the Combine.

“I’m going to be cleared next week when I go for my all check,” Price said prior to Tuesday’s practice. “I just did 305 this morning on the bench. We’re OK.”

Woo hoo!

3 hours ago, COB said:

Eifert’s hurt again.  The team won’t specify what’s wrong, media calling it a mystery injury.  

Also, clipboard QB just collected a DUI.

Why am I not surprised with Eifert getting hurt?

10 minutes ago, BengalszoneBilly said:

Why am I not surprised with Eifert getting hurt?

He's technically not hurt. He's not back yet from the most recent back surgery. Everyone had to know when they signed him that this was a part of it, not knowing if or when he would be cleared. There really isn't anything new here. 

Marvin sounded put off by Eifert’s. Mysterious absence.

Gresh was a frustrating player because you could see the athleticism that should have equaled more production.  Fumbled a lot. At least that guy could line up and block.

Where is Lap throwing Eifert under the bus? 

Eifert still with the team but he’s a major loss from 2015.  Along with Jones, Sanu, Big Tits, Whit, and Z.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, membengal said:

He's technically not hurt.

I'm reading that this was a recent "tweaking" of his back, but whatever. I have little confidence our porcelain tight end will be able to stay on the field. Next man up time.

4 hours ago, BengalszoneBilly said:

I'm reading that this was a recent "tweaking" of his back, but whatever. I have little confidence our porcelain tight end will be able to stay on the field. Next man up time.

Would anyone put 100 on Eifert playing 16 games this year ?

wonder what if there’s a line on that in Vegas 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure if you all saw the Pollack interview the other day.

People want to know why Westerman isn't starting and mentioned that PFF graded him as the best LG in the entire NFL during week 1 of the preseason.

He essentially said he doesn't give a damn what PFF says.  

You can love that or hate it. I fall into the love it category.

I think I read on the official site that Pollack seemed happy with Bobby Hart at the RT position.

I can only hope that Pollack and his scheme make a big difference for Hart, because he sucked fat goat balls at RT last year for the Giants.
Like he was generally considered one of the worst RT's in all of football last year.  Marshall Newhouse was better than him.  Let that sink in a minute...

And if that's the case...  How bad does Ogbuehi and Fisher have to be ??
Fisher has that heart thing, but I suppose we all knew Ogbuehi is a bust at this point.

23 hours ago, COB said:

Ced played against backups and looked just barely ok.  He fell down for no apparent reason a few times. 

Wait, what? Unless alcohol or drugs are involved, how the hell do you fall down without being contacted by another player?