Bengals trade for Cordy Glenn!!

membengal

Apparently! I will assume this was Mike Brown's long plan to "in your face" COB for his post an hour ago.

As near as I can tell, they swapped places in the first round. Seeing confirmation from the Enquirer beat bengals beat writers...

Yes the swap is confirmed.

When healthy Glenn has been one of the more reliable tackles in the league, earning overall grades of at least 82.3 every season for a four-year stretch from 2013-2016 (he put up a 68.1 overall grade in just 275 snaps last season) and finishing each of those years ranked within the top-17 among all NFL tackles in terms of pass blocking efficiency.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/2018-nfl-free-agency-updates

Scroll down to see Glenn

Cordy Glenn | Tackle | #77

Team:  Cincinnati Bengals
Age / DOB:   (28) / 9/18/1989
Ht / Wt:   6'6' / 345
College:  Georgia
Drafted:  2012 / Rd. 2 (41) / BUF
Contract:  view contract details
Share: 

RECENT NEWS

Bills LT Cordy Glenn (foot) is on track for OTAs.
Glenn spent the final five weeks on IR with lingering foot/ankle issues. There's rumblings Buffalo could move on from him, but Glenn should be healthy for the start of their offseason program. Glenn has three years and $23M remaining on his contract. Jan 19 - 6:24 PM
Source: buffalobills.com

25 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Hmm,  he's had some pretty significant injury issues the last 2 years, but, I guess I'm not going to complain about being proactive and trading for a starter.  Prior to 2016 he was super solid.

Is the 1st round swap confirmed? 

Not only that - but the bengals get the Bills’ 5th and they get our sixth.

The first round might be Marvin's worst, so I am fine with dropping nine slots.  I saw Glenn had been traded in a headline earlier today and had no idea it was the Bengals.  I never imagined it could have been.  They never do anything interesting.

• Haha 1

Odd that Glenn and Boling have traded positions since college.  I wonder if Mike has awoken from the very long nap that followed the flurry of activity required to pull off this trade?  Go Mike! (to the can right after you wake up).

• Haha 1

Still plenty of blame for Mike because this move is just digging out of an all time blunder by letting Whit walk although they did get a 5th round comp pick.

Although before the injury, I remember Cordy getting pumped up to be the best LT in the AFC over Whit and Thomas so there’s that, I guess

I always liked Cordy Glenn and remember hoping the Bengals drafted him.
I think this presents as a huge upgrade to the o-line IF he is healthy.  Not a fan of foot injuries with the big guys.
Moving down from 12 to 21 ??  Yeah, not a huge fan of that either, but this could pay off huge if he's back at 100%.