Marvin Praises Bodine, Wants Him Back (not good)

ShulaSteakhouse

The Bengals only want him back because they think he’ll be cheap, then their new wizard OL coach can get him to outperform his deal.  

I think this is posturing and they’ll try to move on from this dude.  Or they’ll sign him as a depth guy and start a free agent.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2018 at 5:54 PM, AMPHAR said:

It’s weird.  If Bodine was considered a “good” player his market value would be too much for the Bengals.

He sucks so he’s a priority 

They excel at making the least possible amount of effort to upgrade players, especially if they're Centers or Safeties or LB's.

What's even sadder is that there isn't a single local writer or media personality calling them out on these blatantly obvious, questionable things (and why I don't read anything other than "news").  The fluff that is McAlister, Broo, Hobson, Lapham etc.., is mundane, predictable, cliche' nonsense.  So the Bengals' can get away with just about anything (including f'ing up the McCarron situation most recently, and extending Marvin).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2018 at 9:43 AM, COB said:

There's a rumor that Marvin was seen wearing Bodine's high school letter jacket while they ate together at a Steak N Shake in Kentucky, so, for sure they're fucking.  

Black Jesus and Jeffro fucking? 

Lord help us, no one wants that image. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AMPHAR said:

Bengals are in spot to also bump a guard over to Center if the draft doesn’t provide one.

I NEVER saw the point in stating a bottom tier player is a priority.  

Maybe Marvin is trying to ease Bodine out the door?  Create a market for him?  I'm baffled

Bodine had a visit with Buffalo as our bromance with the Bills continues.

This visit reeks of being orchestrated by the Bengals to create some buzz for Bodine, but frankly, everyone knows he just simply sucks, so I doubt too many took notice.

My heart wants him gone but my mind says he re-signs here for vet min and a whole bunch of incentives that he (and only he) is sure he will earn. No guaranteed coin. Maybe a bag of Husmans. A small bag. MAYBE.

Bengals' reportedly offered him a "long term, low guarantee contract."  He decided the Bills' offer was better for him. 

Sounds like they wanted to bring him back to compete with a rookie and cut him if he wasn't the better option for some reason, he said no thanks to more $$ - which in this case I can't bitch about the Bengals' low-balling a player. 

All of a sudden they are pretty locked-in to drafting a C or G with their 1st  pick...you would think.   

• Like 1

About time.  Fucking Alexander and his stubborn loyalty to Bodine screwed us for 3 years.  Good riddance to both, and I am starting to respect our new line coach before he even coaches a game.  Thrilled with this move.  Marvin was just blowing smoke, as usual.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, COB said:

About time.  Fucking Alexander and his stubborn loyalty to Bodine screwed us for 3 years.  Good riddance to both, and I am starting to respect our new line coach before he even coaches a game.  Thrilled with this move.  Marvin was just blowing smoke, as usual.

Yes! Yes!  Yes! Did I say Fucking Yes?!?!

Bodine will get trampled in Buffalo.  Then when he gets cut, Alexander can get him cheap and install him as Dallas’ new center.

Wait.  Dallas has great linemen (not drafted by Alexander).  It is hard to see how Alexander could get Bodine to Dallas, but he’ll try.