Holy crap.....

jonf45uk

24 minutes ago, COB said:

Keeping Alexander this long has had a lot to do with playoff failures and our recent decline.  I hope they bring in someone new.

No it doesn't.      Show me proof it was Alexander solely that though Ced and Hopkins was better than Z and Whit.

They didn't want to pay top guard they drafted first round market value.  They didn't want to pay any other FA guard.  They went undrafted with Andre Smith. 

They sat the franchise tag.  They played this or that with Whit and Dre's contract offers.  Just like they did with Pac and Nelson.   MJ and Dunlap. 

Marvin personally scouted Bodine.    

Time for Paul to go.  Two decades?  Good lord.    But it's a scapegoat move to cover up for upper management failures which Marvin takes credit for when times are good and when times are bad he plays the "control" card. 

No matter what else is happening in and around the franchise, Paul Alexander was a turd in the gusset. Glad he's gone. 

38 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

No it doesn't.      Show me proof it was Alexander solely that though Ced and Hopkins was better than Z and Whit.

I think Alexander was the ultimate company man.  If he got fed shit, he thanked Mike for the caviar and asked for seconds.  

Its why he survived so long here.  

Mike says,"we don't want to pay all these vets their 2nd and 3rd  contracts.  Paul, you're the o line coach, are the new guys WHO ARE ON THEIR COST CONTROLLED UNDER THE NEW CBA ROOKIE CONTRACTS ready to take over?"

Paul answers, "you bet they are sir!  Bodine's a great player!  Cedric's a natural left tackle, he's ready."

Somehow I don't think Zimmer was that compliant.  He's got players who follow him from one team to another.

Alexander played a political game here, as many do, and it finally caught up with him.

Marvin, loathesome as we all find him, at least deserves credit for getting Mike to drive his favorite golden retriever to the pound.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, COB said:

I think Alexander was the ultimate company man.  If he got fed shit, he thanked Mike for the caviar and asked for seconds.  

Its why he survived so long here.  

Mike says,"we don't want to pay all these vets their 2nd and 3rd  contracts.  Paul, you're the o line coach, are the new guys WHO ARE ON THEIR COST CONTROLLED UNDER THE NEW CBA ROOKIE CONTRACTS ready to take over?"

Paul answers, "you bet they are sir!  Bodine's a great player!  Cedric's a natural left tackle, he's ready."

Somehow I don't think Zimmer was that compliant.  He's got players who follow him from one team to another.

Alexander played a political game here, as many do, and it finally caught up with him.

Marvin, loathesome as we all find him, at least deserves credit for getting Mike to drive his favorite golden retriever to the pound.

I don't know we'll see what happens.  They have mentioned 74 year old guru McNally as a possible replacement. 

He's a legendary o-line coach but he's also been consulting, scouting and mentored Paul Alexander with Bengals the past few years. 

So if it's McNally, good.    But really they didn't want to pay top vets and missed on draft picks.    Seems like a scapegoat much like Bratkowski was. 

When Brat left there wasn't this mastery offensive awakening.  Still had indecisive Marvin calling a game plan to protect a defense. 

The bengals see the Super Bowl as lightening in the bottle thing instead of a target to be achieved every year.   

Unfortunately we have assistants that become fan whipping boys because fans know ownership isn't changing and neither is the head coach.  

So it's got to be some assistant coach's fault entirely because that's what we know can change eventually. 

They really need to spend aggressively over the cap.  Invest more in scouting and don't settle for a head coach that chokes in big games time and time again.  

Surely the o-line will be the subject of intense scrutiny.  Possibly one of Mike's rare top level free agent signings?  I can't believe a veteran o-line coach is going to come in here with the understanding that he has to use these players next year.  

3 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

They didn't want to pay top guard they drafted first round market value.  They didn't want to pay any other FA guard.  They went undrafted with Andre Smith. 

They sat the franchise tag.  They played this or that with Whit and Dre's contract offers.  Just like they did with Pac and Nelson.   MJ and Dunlap. 

Marvin personally scouted Bodine.    

Time for Paul to go.  Two decades?  Good lord.    But it's a scapegoat move to cover up for upper management failures which Marvin takes credit for when times are good and when times are bad he plays the "control" card. 

If it was about performance, he'd have been gone at other junctures. Yet, he survived several HCs and had short periods of success with others of awful play and bad personnel decisions. this move does smack of scapegoating but how can someone do worse.  At minimum, there will be a new whipping boy, all fired up to get the most out of whoever ML and SoP pick for the oline in FA/draft.

Really the only good news so far - and I like that he's gone from the org and not just moved into another position.

I'm guessing part of the hold-up with Marvin staying is that he wanted Alexander gone, and MB did not.

I hope one of the next moves is to release Pac Man, who is a f'ing clown as well.

Alexander got national recognition from Sports Illustrated for being the best OL coach of modern free agency.

I think most of that is owed to Corey Dillon.  It helps that he came up under McNally (1st season P.A. Was TEs coach until McNally retired) McNally coached Munoz and had the super bowl appearances.  Whether P.A. Deserves credit or not, I think everyone can agree that he had one lucky find in C Rich Braham (maybe not even his choice) and a lot of talented LT and RT combos from the draft over the years.  He struck out with the post-Whit planning and that’s what has cost him a job.

1 minute ago, GapControl said:

I’m glad he is gone! Bodine convinces me now that his contracts up.  Even if MB chose these players, Alexander should of stood up against it and either been fired or quit.  

Marvin personally scouted Bodine.  Wrote on his notebook something like “must have this guy on my team”  Post draft story.

It’s simply amazing the Mike Brown crutch.   Yeah while Marvin went to the bathroom and Tobin was making a sandwich Alexander and Mike Brown stole the bat phone and traded up for the Center.

Marvin had awesome lines with Paul and still couldn’t win shit. 

This is classic passing the buck like they did with Brat.  

I don’t really care who wanted, scouted, planned, or what. Mike Brown, Marvin Lewis, Paul Alexander, and I’m sure others all played a part in how this team has squandered true talent.

Mike Brown and his unwillingness to keep Whit or Zeitler.  Marvin Lewis and his poor game management. Paul Alexander and his inability to develop any o-linemen. It goes on and on, but starts at the top with Mike Brown. Always has.

Cant do anything about that except not support the team anymore. That’s the route I’m taking. Fans need to realize they have more power if they just stay away and stop consuming the shit sandwich so readily.

2 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

Marvin personally scouted Bodine.  Wrote on his notebook something like “must have this guy on my team”  Post draft story.

It’s simply amazing the Mike Brown crutch.   Yeah while Marvin went to the bathroom and Tobin was making a sandwich Alexander and Mike Brown stole the bat phone and traded up for the Center.

Marvin had awesome lines with Paul and still couldn’t win shit. 

This is classic passing the buck like they did with Brat.  

I remember Marvin checking him out now.  After Bodine gets drafted, does Marvin have the pull to take him out against Alexander’s wishes or does only MB have that power?

With Alexander finally gone, we will know much better.  When the Bengals were winning, I credited Marvin, Tobin, and Katie Brown for the talent finds  and more winning.  These last two years... should all get part of the blame?  

One thing is for sure, MB hasn’t allowed a C to be drafted in Round 1 since he became the Owner/GM. Without checking, I’d say not in R 2 either.