2018 season

Scottishbengal

I would do it if I were living there.  I had season tickets back when Lebeau was coach and I paid about 55 bucks for the north end zone .  Right before the PSLs started so I would have been grandfathered in on that.  I sent the Jungle Pass offer around to everyone I know living around Cincy

• Like 1

I mean, this all seems like really positive news with regard to Price:

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Price-cleared-but-continues-to-grind/e43bb138-1524-43d3-a71c-b04a665a8706

The surprise isn’t that rookie center Billy Price’s New York doctor cleared him for all football activities on Monday. The surprise is that he did so much work on the field during the last month before he did get cleared.

As he rehabbed from early March surgery to repair a partially torn pectoral muscle, Price did everything in the May on-field voluntary drills but 11-on-11 full-blown team snaps.

“Well, yeah, maybe,” said Price Monday, asked if he did more than had been prescribed. “But it always felt great. I didn’t feel like I overdid anything. When you think about it, being at Ohio State and then coming down here (in the middle of it), the rehab probably went as smoothly as it could have.”

Price, back in Cincinnati after the quick up-and-back to The Big Apple, had always been penciled in for the start of training camp even before the Bengals took him with their first pick at No. 21. As the club wrapped up its mandatory minicamp last Thursday, Price theorized he was a month ahead of schedule and he’s emboldened by the work he did get done in new offensive line coach Frank Pollack’s scheme.

There were those that were surprised Price got as much done physically during the nine practice sessions since Pollack’s intense individual drills are seen to be as demanding, if not more so, than the team work. Pollack’s emphasis on punching and use of hands tested Price’s rehab right away and he passed with flying colors.

“Any offensive lineman has to be able to use the arms and hands to be able to punch,” Price said. “The only restriction was not being able to go 11-on-11 and now that’s been lifted, so we’re good to go.”

The Bengals are also emboldened by their choice back in April. It’s believed they had Price and Frank Ragnow, the 6-5, 312-pounder from Arkansas, rated pretty much evenly among centers and when the Lions took Ragnow No. 20 Price was the no-doubt pick. After watching the 6-3, 300-pound Price work, the Bengals believe his frame may actually be a better fit than Ragnow for what Pollack asks his linemen to do.

“I just have to keep it going,” Price said. “So far so good. I’ve got another big month to go.”

Here’s another reason why the Bengals also think he’s a great fit for what Pollack is building up front. His unvarnished work ethic.

Price has already found a home in Kentucky, has settled in after his move from Columbus, and plans to work with Bengals rehab trainer Nick Cosgray daily at Paul Brown Stadium until training camp start July 26. That’s three months to the day after the draft and he figures to be lining up as the No. 1 center.

“I won’t be with Coach Pollack, but I’ll be doing some on-field stuff with Nick Cosgray,” said Price, who is back to repping 315 pounds. “I’ll keep studying the playbook and try to keep getting stronger.”

Yeah, have to think if there was a time to draft a Center in the first round with plans to have him start week one, the timing with the hiring of a new o-line coach is pretty fortunate.
He will be learning just like everyone else and ensure he's right there with the guys that have been here more than a few months.
I'm looking forward to seeing Price play.

They absolutely need Price to be an out of the box solid contributor day 1.

The thing that worries me is we always get burnt it seems.   Fans seem to mock the coaching staff when they refer to durability as a key factor for a bottom tier player.  But when the shining new car spends more time at the mechanic vs Sunday driving it’s a big headache.

Bengals are due to have a offensive lineman come in and provide an upgrade 

More baloney coming out of PBS about how great Ced looks under Lazor’s brilliant tutelage.  Newest theme is that he’s a legitimate threat to start at right tackle.

Hurry up and get your jungle pass now, select a seat in a very high row so you have someplace to jump from when they run this dude out there again.

On 6/24/2018 at 10:06 AM, COB said:

More baloney coming out of PBS about how great Ced looks under Lazor’s brilliant tutelage.  Newest theme is that he’s a legitimate threat to start at right tackle.

Hurry up and get your jungle pass now, select a seat in a very high row so you have someplace to jump from when they run this dude out there again.

Depends on how bad you think Alexander was. IF Alexander is as bad as I think he was, and Pollack as competent as I think he is, then Ced still having a shot at RT isn't the end of the world. I am intrigued, myself. 

I figure the tackle that wins the right side in TC will always be looking over their shoulder regardless.

Neither of the top candidates have displayed anything noteworthy.  

I would not be surprised if they went a lot of overload on the right. 

IMO, Mixon and Gio don’t  need much room to be dangerous so do whatever to give Andy underneath targets with a chance to extend drives.   That starts with Mixon and Gio

On 6/27/2018 at 4:57 AM, AMPHAR said:

I figure the tackle that wins the right side in TC will always be looking over their shoulder regardless.

Neither of the top candidates have displayed anything noteworthy.  

I would not be surprised if they went a lot of overload on the right. 

IMO, Mixon and Gio don’t  need much room to be dangerous so do whatever to give Andy underneath targets with a chance to extend drives.   That starts with Mixon and Gio

I still think Perkins has much better odds at RT than Ogbuehi.

Lets say Fisher wins it out of the preseason and they overload or tackle eligible often with Ogbuehi or Hopkins... the dark horse Perkins eventually comes along and solidifies it.

Why?

Well, what’s the difference between him and Orlando Brown Jr who the Ravens are going to plug in at RT?  Perkins is stronger and has the size to be a mauler. 

Fisher is more athletic I guess but he’s not shown well plus the heart issue (fixed I know) but now a shoulder issue, too. 

I like Perkins too!  But I must admit my bias because I met him at Chick Fil A in Newport one morning as he was buying a massive amount of breakfast burritos for the position group before their flight to Baltimore.  

He offered me a burrito because the order took so long and backed up the line. 

He said I wouldn’t know who he was or remember as he was practice squad player.   That Sunday he’s subbing in on a rare opening TD drive in Baltimore. 

I hope Perkins can get in the mix on the right side. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...