Potential Coaching Candidates

COB

17 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

well, I agreed with everything you said right up until you wrote "you (as in SoaG himself) deserve better"

he made shit his bed and now he has to lay in it

Now, if you change it to "we" (as in the fans) "deserve better" then hell yeah, I am with ya :-)

I actually went back and fixed it.  This process the Bengals are going through is maddening.  

1 hour ago, ArmyBengal said:

Why would any fan stick with this team at that point ?? 

Mark, I have asked myself that question. Then I look at people I know who jumped on a Steelers or Patriots bandwagon and realize I can't go there. I can't sell out.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

This organization isn’t deserving of the title “Dumpster Fire” if Marvin and others return with no changes. 

Why would any fan stick with this team at that point ?? 

At least a dumpster fire throws off heat. 

Oh I can’t sell out either. I’ll just stop completely.

I managed almost this entire season not watching them play or attend games. It’s really a small step from where I am.

Like I said, the only real reason I come here and still talk is because of you guys. Outside of this forum, I don’t even talk about the Bengals much.

Maybe that changes with a positive regime change, but I’m not holding my breath.

• Like 1

I’ve always said the Bengals and most likely Katie are scared with football life after Marvin without Marvin. 

He’s probably built every football process they use. 

They or she is afraid to flop IF he is gone.

That’s been my theory don’t know how true it is, we’ll see.

But there’s not much more talent you can flood Marvin with to produce more wins or championships.

The Guy pissed away his best teams.  Then messed up in the reload.

They are in the losing situation now because of 3 failed o-line picks and slow developing WR picks.  To suggest somehow that all transpired against Marvin’s wishes is bullshit. 

Case in point they had the Steelers dead to rights at half in MNF.  He couldn’t coach them to the finish line.

Him getting some more control isn’t going to fix that.  He’s just going to say he needs more control again after he flops again. 

He’s a proven choke job. 

That's just it though in regards to Katie and family.
If they are TRULY concerned with life after Marvin, HIRE A REAL FUCKING GM.
You know, one that isn't just wearing the title and knows how hard running an NFL team can be (lol) and can assist an organization ??
I know you said it was your theory, but thought I'd chime in anyway.

I liken that to saying, "We really want to win".  Really ??  Then do something, ANYTHING, that would give me reason to believe that as a fan.
The Brown family continues to do things their way, waiting to show the world they did it on their terms.
In the mean time, fans should keep consuming the mediocre to occasionally good product they put out there.

To that I say, why ??
If a restaurant makes shitty food, I don't eat there.
If a movie theater has shitty seats, I don't go there.
If a beer tastes like shit, I don't drink it.

That being said, I could get some shitty food, drink, and a movie cheaper than going to a fucking Bengals game.
FUCK YOU MIKE BROWN !!!

My concern is that whatever control Marvin is trying to wrestle away from Mikey, are the exact things a new HC will also need regardless, to be successful.  If MB is unwilling to give-up those things, what's the point really?

A new fall-guy comes in and probably does the same or worse, but likely not any better.

I'm guessing the things Marvin wants to add or change, are the same things we bitch about here all the time (adding an indoor facility, the drafting and cap positional philosophies, the lack of free agent activity, assistants forced upon him such as Alexander that are never held accountable for anything seemingly, and maybe even some of the player signings/retention of players such as Pac Man that I cannot imagine Marvin isn't sick of dealing with).

All that said, it's too bad Marvin can't do those things from a Personnel position instead of coaching games - something I really want to see someone else here do ultimately. 

26 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

My concern is that whatever control Marvin is trying to wrestle away from Mikey, are the exact things a new HC will also need regardless, to be successful.  If MB is unwilling to give-up those things, what's the point really?

A new fall-guy comes in and probably does the same or worse, but likely not any better.

I'm guessing the things Marvin wants to add or change, are the same things we bitch about here all the time (adding an indoor facility, the drafting and cap positional philosophies, the lack of free agent activity, assistants forced upon him such as Alexander that are never held accountable for anything seemingly, and maybe even some of the player signings/retention of players such as Pac Man that I cannot imagine Marvin isn't sick of dealing with).

All that said, it's too bad Marvin can't do those things from a Personnel position instead of coaching games - something I really want to see someone else here do ultimately. 

It’s a crutch.  He went to the playoffs 5 straight years with a roster many people said was the best in the NFL.

Now because the next wave of picks haven’t afforded him the same level of talent it’s the ownership group?  Don’t buy it. 

If he was AFC North Champ this year he’d be sitting up there basking in the credit up until he’d flop in the playoffs.

Heres an interesting question

Lets say Marvin comes back. Yes, I know, you hate this already

Let's say you personally (somehow) get to decide that either a) Paul or b) Marvin gets more control of football operations in the new arrangement.

which one do you give the additional control to?

I am taking away the choice of "neither" because, well, its my post :-)

6 minutes ago, cincyhokie said:

Fuck it.  I'm out.

I'll be here to banter.  But no real invested football conversation.

You can't quit now. Mike has already eased in the head of his dick. If you want extra spit, you better better speak up!

• Haha 1

Just change it to DC candidates.  We need someone good.

Last year, our best tackle, safety, and guard left.  (Whit, Reggie Nelson, Zeitler).

This year, our best coordinator will leave (and he'll reunite with Reggie in Oakland).  

We need a D coordinator on the level of a Zimmer.  He came from outside the organization, by the way.

1 minute ago, COB said:

Just change it to DC candidates.  We need someone good.

Last year, our best tackle, safety, and guard left.  (Whit, Reggie Nelson, Zeitler).

This year, our best coordinator will leave (and he'll reunite with Reggie in Oakland).  

We need a D coordinator on the level of a Zimmer.  He came from outside the organization, by the way.

But he at least needs to be Marvin's buddy.  And resemble Mike Brown's wooby.

• Haha 1