Sign in to follow this  
rwjcgc

Which kicker makes the team?

7 minutes ago, Stripes said:

Jake Elliot just won a game for Philly by hitting a 61 yard field goal as time expired.

I saw that too, and it made me uncomfortable. Good for him though.

Stripes    162

I have no idea why Randy Bullock was even relevant in that "battle".  I don't care if a rookie draft pick misses a kick or two in the freaking preseason.  Put him on the team, idiots.

ArmyBengal    232

And to top it off they will have a decision to make about Bullock after next year because he's a free agent after the 2018 season. 

The sheer stupidity surrounding the kicker position this off season is mind boggling.

And Marvin gets defensive when asked about him (not surprising really).

He is coaching like this is his last year - or will be if he doesn't win, and panicked on Elliot I bet.  Giving a drafted kicker the chance to get over rookie jitters and mechanical flaws seems reasonable - but not here.  3 out of 5 isn't exactly horrible either, especially when you throw a game-winning 61 yarder in there.

Nice job Marvin/Bengals.

Jake Elliott is such a beast that the NFL keeps "randomly" drug testing him

" Pretty funny how the NFL has been “randomly” testing Elliott a lot after the rookie kicker nailed a 61-yard field goal to beat the New York Giants in Week 3. Speaking of that moment, Elliott has been perfect on his field goal attempts since then. He’s 12-12 ever since Jason Peters told him “no more misses, bro.” So let’s not forget to give JP credit here. Elliott is also 13-13 on extra points this season. Elliott has been quite the find."

ArmyBengal    232

To be fair from my own perspective, I thought the Bengals selected the wrong kicker, so I too was wrong. However, the Bengals did their scouting and based on that scouting, decided to use a 5th rounder to select Elliott. Then they turned around and cut him.

Talk about not trusting your own intel...

49 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

To be fair from my own perspective, I thought the Bengals selected the wrong kicker, so I too was wrong. However, the Bengals did their scouting and based on that scouting, decided to use a 5th rounder to select Elliott. Then they turned around and cut him.

Talk about not trusting your own intel...

It's a symptom of dysfunction.