Whitworth to Rams

HoosierCat

17 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

This is a f*ck up of epic proportions, which is why I find it all so humorous.
The Bengals are so stuck on stupid you can't even put words to the negative impact this has on the team.
The overall play of the o-line, pass protection for Dalton, the running game, ability to trade your back QB, and lets not forget the locker room.

Hey at least they were able to retain the leadership and mentoring of Peko.  Right ??  You guys with me on that ??
Maybe HE can play LT...

BENGALS = F*CKUPS !!!
Never laughed so hard seeing my team getting completely buttf*cked for everyone to see.
Priceless...

I'm bummed. Whit presents an easy elite year or more at LT, then another year or two at LG, barring grave injury. And they just cheaped it away. Cut Peko, and FNR, ie, make the money happen. 

Now Oline in tatters, Z to be a goner, and only trash to fills the spots. 

Hello Bolles and Lamp in r1 and r2.

Fuck.

42 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Uh oh Spaghetti-0's: 

Zeitler receiving interest from multiple teams (translation: teams probably willing to out-bid the Bengals):

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/09/kevin-zeitler-drawing-interest-from-multiple-teams/?hl=1&noRedirect=1

It's been a given for weeks that KZ is gone, Bengals FO made it clear they wouldn't pay top dollar for a guard because they don't value the position.

Now I'd be surprised if any of their top FAs come back. Whitworth leaving for the woeful Rams is a big neon sign saying GTFO.

Best case scenario now is that 2017 is a rebuilding year, and that assumes all the talent that's been sitting injured on the bench for the last two years (Hardison, Billings, WJ3, Wright, etc.) shows up, and some of the rookies from this coming draft pan out. Oh, and that we aren't on QB #5 by opening day.

• Like 1

Well time to cancel my game pass, there is nothing on this team that screams excitement, that screams playoffs!

We let go the best player, one of the best guys on this team, but yet here is Adam Jones still here, still getting arrested, still spitting in people's faces. 

Yea F**k you bengals! I have never been so angry with this team like I am today! Really I just need to stop giving a shit about this franchise, until they show they actually know what they are doing, and wanting to win!

• Like 1

Being so close to completely given up on this team has softened the blow.
It's probably why I find humor in it as opposed to anger.

How can any player getting close to FA in the coming year look at this and say, "I want to be here" ??
Whitworth, the leader of the team, just gave the front office the doubled barreled middle finger.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

Well time to cancel my game pass, there is nothing on this team that screams excitement, that screams playoffs!

We let go the best player, one of the best guys on this team, but yet here is Adam Jones still here, still getting arrested, still spitting in people's faces. 

Yea F**k you bengals! I have never been so angry with this team like I am today! Really I just need to stop giving a shit about this franchise, until they show they actually know what they are doing, and wanting to win!

Amen. 

Whit's a 35 year old guy who plays at 330 lbs plus.  And he found someone to pay him 12 million a year for 3 years.  Can guys realistically be expected to play at a high level when they're 330 and 37, 38 years old?  

Whit's leadership was questionable in my opinion.  He basically kept his mouth shut.  That's admirable, but if he was truly the team leader, he didn't do a very good job.  

Finally. He balked at moving to guard, he's too stupid to realize that another team is going to cut him when he declines while Mike would've paid his whole contract, and he whined when we went out and used high draft picks on his position.

From the breakdowns I've seen, Whit's deal is one year, $15.5 million or two years at an average of $12.5 million per. Franchise tag is $14.8 million so basically the Rams did what the Bengals ought to have done (tagged him) for one year, with two more option years should his play still warrant it.

1 hour ago, AMPHAR said:

Whit probably has 2 years left in him.   A tag made too much sense even if it was transition tag.  I can't wait to hear the spin about not doing it.   

I bet he sees all the money. He could pretty easily move inside to extend his career. Wanting to, and needing to aside. Just physically, he could probably do it. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

FYI,   Casserly questioned the move by the Rams.  Pointed out he only practiced one day a week and age. 

I still think he has 2 decent years left. 

His two decent years are likely better than anyone they have slated behind him.

I hope for Whit's sake he has two good years.  Or can move to guard as Willy pointed out and prolong his career.  To play at that size, that age?  I think maybe the tackle the Ravens had did it, can't recall his name.  

Should have tagged him and got that last year.  Whit's decline won't be gradual.  

Yep, it's a big league fuck up. But will Pumpkin or Tobin be fired? 

F to the Uck no. 

They'll get raises for being frugal. 

There is a fix, even if for one year. His name is Riley Rief. Can play either side, to anchor the opposite of whoever can at least start at one side. 

Bet he could be had for 7-8M/yr. 

Other option is Fluker, but he might not be any better than just grinding it out with one of them at LT. 

2 hours ago, COB said:

Side note: Possibly Whit got irate when he read that the Bengals tried to portray his signing as a done deal at the combine in an attempt to cool the market for him.  Which is a cheap stab in the back when you think about it.

This.

The Bengals really are their own worst enemy. Will anything be done about it? Nope. Same old, same old. No real  desire to win, just say all the right things, don't actually do the  hard work to make it a reality.  Despite all our "star players" we have as little a chance of winning a playoff game(let alone the Superbowl) as the likes of the Browns, Rams, Lions etc and will always be the case as this is a mediocre franchise and the management are perfectly happy with that :cry: 

look at the talent that Lewis has had at his disposal over his reign, and not a single playoff win, its remarkable in a tragic way ......

The worst part of this, I have yet to hear them bring in anyone to help replace him. 

I can't believe the bengals are this stupid to believe there is a starting LT on this team.

Yea is 8:00 AM and I'm still pissed off at this team. 

They screwed one of the best players this team had, and we as fans are not supposed to be pissed about it, yea F**k you bengals. Learn to run a f**king franchise and maybe you could have done more when the talent was on this team!

So we lost the best coach on this team (Hue), and now we lost the 2 best o-linemen they had on the team, yea they suck!

• Like 1