Bengals @ Patriots Game Thread

HoosierCat

3 hours ago, UK Bengal said:

I never normally predict scores but you heard it here first  Bengals 30 - 27 pats OT

I've been doing some soul searching all week trying to find the inspiration for this kind of thing, and I'm just not getting it.  I see a pass rush pulling its patented close-but-no-cigar routine all afternoon, enabling Brady to shred an inconsistent secondary with his bevy of multi-talented weapons.  I see the offense maybe keeping pace on a good day, but only so much to maintain a respectable score.

I hope you're right, buddy.  It'd turn the season around in a huge way.

• Like 1

hey Billy, Iwant to say good news but I dont think it can be consider a good news since Bengals didnt win any games show on tv here in Arizona.

But the news is this sunday game is going to be on tv for us AGAIN. 4 time on tv out of 5, AMAZING. I didnt count thursday game because anybody who have nfl network can watch it which I dont lol.

• Like 1

With what I've seen from both teams. I can't see the bengals winning this one. They showed a little life at the end of the game last week. Its not enough.  Brady is on a mission to destroy each team he plays. I think another ass kicking is coming. I really hope not. Pats roll 30-17. Again i hope I'm wrong.. 

1 hour ago, Dimster28 said:

hey Billy, Iwant to say good news but I dont think it can be consider a good news since Bengals didnt win any games show on tv here in Arizona.

But the news is this sunday game is going to be on tv for us AGAIN. 4 time on tv out of 5, AMAZING. I didnt count thursday game because anybody who have nfl network can watch it which I dont lol.

I'd like to say the Bengals are due for a win. So is my fantasy team and between the two, my money is on Billy's Bad Boys.

No way Cincinnati pulls out a win in New England.

5 hours ago, BengalszoneBilly said:

I'd like to say the Bengals are due for a win. So is my fantasy team and between the two, my money is on Billy's Bad Boys.

No way Cincinnati pulls out a win in New England.

Thoughts from watching the games in normal TV form...

Ogheubi sucks.  That's being nice.  He's so bad right now that I don't care enough to look up how to spell his name.  Did Anthony Munoz really say he'll be a hall a famer?  Surely I'm remembering wrongly...

Geno is not having his normal effect.  Not sure why but that kills the front 7.  Burfict is rusty.

Thoughts looking at film breakdown (like Amphar is doing).

Holy Shit Ogbuehi is waaaaaay worse than I thought!  No wonder Zeitler is struggling!  He's trying to guard a man and a swinging door to his right!

Geno is getting schemed against ... Tricky zone blocking and things like that.  Peko is way better than he played two years ago.  Burfict is rusty.  

I was hating Shawn Williams but he hasn't hurt the D that much.  The real problem is that Geno has been solved (for now) and offensive lines are getting a little bit lucky besides that.  

Bodine!  Sometimes perfect but other times completely and utterly destroyed.

Everybody will hate or bash me for this crazy idea but I say we make NFL history this week. I say Mike Brown does something that he really enjoys; does his most favorite thing in the world - save a bunch of money! Cancel the plane tickets and the room reservations. Call the Pats and the league office and let them know that the Cincinnati Bengals forfeit the game due to a lack of whatever. Let the sick and wounded heal their little boo boo's and hurties. Let the coaches get their heads out of the rear ends and figure out a better scheme and find ways to improve, blocking, tackling, covering, play calling, time management, etc. Basically fix everything that they were supposed to go over in the off season and in training camp!

Speculation among the barstool scribes is that he won't be back until after the bye.

In all seriousness IR wouldn't surprise me a bit. Piss me off, yes, but surprise? No.

Of course, whether Eifragile got back this week or not wasn't likely to make any difference. Even with him the Pats clearly outclass the Bengals right now. My guess is that this game ends up looking a lot like Dallas: Bengals will be ineffective on offense while NE builds up a lead, then they'll make it look good on the stat sheets once the Pats go into prevent in garbage time.

Fortunately the next two opponents are Cleveland and Washington so .500 at the bye isn't out of the question.