Rams @ Bengals Pregame Chatter/Game Thread

HoosierCat

I guess Hoosier is busy actually working this morning, so I'll start it. The way I see it this isn't going to be an easy game by any means. The Rams are very physical, (as seen by what they did to the Ravens yesterday) and are excellent putting pressure on the QB and collapsing the pocket. Given that and the injuries incurred by our secondary yesterday, it'll be tougher than the teams records suggest.

32 minutes ago, BengalszoneBilly said:

I guess Hoosier is busy actually working this morning, so I'll start it. The way I see it this isn't going to be an easy game by any means. The Rams are very physical, (as seen by what they did to the Ravens yesterday) and are excellent putting pressure on the QB and collapsing the pocket. Given that and the injuries incurred by our secondary yesterday, it'll be tougher than the teams records suggest.

Maybe. The flip side of the argument is that the Rams offense is downright abysmal. Right now they're 31st in the league in both points and yards. Even Todd Gurley's legs haven't been able to raise those numbers. Case Keenum got concussed yesterday so it'll likely be back to Nick Foles Sunday. While there are no east games even our banged-up secondary ought to be able to handle that.

On the Rams injury front, in addition to the Keenum concussion, St. Louis also lost starting RT Andrew Donnel to a knee injury yesterday. Speculation by the local press is that he's done for the year. Donnel was already subbing for initial starting RT Rob Havenstein, who was inactive with an ankle injury.

It's ok, no need to panic, we're at PBS and we never lose 2 in a row when we're at home right..... oh wait, what happened last year vs Cleveland and Pittsburgh?? And 2012 vs Miami, Pittsburgh and Denver???  or 2010 - Tampa, Miami, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, New Orleans .....

You get my point. I still think losing the Houston was a pivotal point of the season and even though the Cardinals was a close run defeat whether we take the AFCN title or not, whether we have a wild card or first round bye in the postseason could very well hinge on the Houston game. 

Whilst I would fully expect Cincy to win vs St.Louis, and win fairly comfortably, I had that same expectation against Houston. I'll let the emotions from Arizona calm down afore I post a prediction but I think there will now be huge pressure on Cincy to stop the rot on Sunday and that could have an influence on the game (maybe the cause of excessive penalties like we've seen in the past 2 games)

Dennard getting hurt is a bummer. The secondary is now thin and weak, with Dre being exposed, and Hall being confirmed as the new "Toast". Hall really shouldn't be on the field. 

Shaw and CLH will need to step up. I don't see them bringing anyone in.

12 minutes ago, kingwilly said:

Shaw and CLH will need to step up. I don't see them bringing anyone in.

I agree that CLH and Shaw are first up, but I expect them to sign someone. They don't have a DB on the practice squad so there's no one ready to bring up. So they'll probably want a guy for depth and practice at least. Ghee was let go on final cutdown day,I could see them bringing him in. Of course he'd probably be on IR a week later himself...

I'm not so sure that's a break.  Rawls has been on fire.

Anyway, this looks like another tough game to me that bears a lot of similarities to the matchup with Houston.  I expect the Bengals to take care of business here, but they have to go and do it -- St. Louis isn't afraid of the Jungle.

Fisher is developing a surprising reputation as a dirty coach.  He can dispel that whole myth this week by just playing good old-fashioned fair football and not blitzing the crap out of our guards on every passing down.  Have I mentioned that I expect them to blitz the crap out of our guards on every passing down?

9 minutes ago, walzav29 said:

Bengals will win the rest of their games this season. Starting Sunday. Bengals 28 Rams 10

It's possible. The Steelers are probably the toughest challenge they have left. though the jury is still out on the Osweiler Broncos. I'm thinking 3-3 for an 11-5 finish. But I hope you're right and not me!

10 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

It's possible. The Steelers are probably the toughest challenge they have left. though the jury is still out on the Osweiler Broncos. I'm thinking 3-3 for an 11-5 finish. But I hope you're right and not me!

Assuming it's 11-5, how probable do you see the Steelers losing just one of their last 6?

Wrong forum and all but Bengalszone has been a part of my life for almost 10 years.  If one of the Mods can find a better spot, please do, because I'd like to tell all my brethren Bengals fans that I got married on Sunday just before the Cards game!  Wife and I watched it together for the first time in matrimony.  If someone can help me adjust pic size, I'll post one of her in her Bengals gear in Okinawa and hell... I'll even   put one of myself once I take it!