Waiting for the Other Shoe??

gregcook68

I wouldn't count on anything from Burfict. Even assuming his knee isn't shot (IMO a big assumption) and he doesn't immediate concuss himself again five minutes after stepping onto the field, he'll be nowhere near football shape. Maybe we get some semblance of the old Burfict back in 2016, again assuming the knee has any life left.

The run D is what it is at this point. We saw it in preseason, we're seeing it now, and it doesn't seem likely to get fixed at this point. The frustrating thing is that it's all due to pretty basic stuff as far as I can tell. Take the Seahawks. All they did was (one) win at the line of scrimmage and (two) toss in a couple of misdirection plays where the Bengals completely failed to keep backside contain, while (three) the D continued its poor tackling ways.

I'm always waiting for the other shoe to drop regarding injury.

But as far as the team fading inexplicably...nope, not any more.

As for Burfict, I'm more optimistic than Hoosier. Marvin said it was a very difficult decision to put him on the 6 week list. That tells me he was pretty close and should be good to go. Maybe he'll have an Atkins type year where he isn't fully himself until 2016, but Burfict's attitude alone could be enough to give this defense a boost.

I don't care about franchise history. The New Orleans Saints won a Super Bowl.

Here is what I 'think' will happen;

I say they lose in Buffalo, because Rex Ryan is desperate for a win. 5-1

They come off the bye in typical unprepared fashion. Big Ben comes back, he and Bell keep the Bengals off the field and Harrison ends up injuring Dalton and a running back. A key defensive player also goes down for the seaon. Burfict comes back, but is just a shell and gets another concussion. Bengals lose. 5-2.

The next 2 games are big stage games at home. They split being 6-3, despite key injuries.

Lose to the Cardinals, away. 6-4.

McCarron finds a rhythym and they beat the Rams at home in OT. 7-4.

Lose to the Browns at Cleveland. 7-5.

Ben and Bell run them ragged again. 7-6.

Dalton comes back, but next 2 games are big stage away games. 7-8.

With Dalton back they beat Baltimore, but miss playoffs finishing 8-8.

They come off the bye in typical unprepared fashion. Big Ben comes back, he and Bell keep the Bengals off the field and Harrison ends up injuring Dalton and a running back. A key defensive player also goes down for the seaon. Burfict comes back, but is just a shell and gets another concussion. Bengals lose. 5-2.

The next 2 games are big stage games at home. They split being 6-3, despite key injuries.

I LIKE the new miserable and pessimistic BG71. Temper those expectations! Bring on the negativity! :bag::bag::bag::bag:

I LIKE the new miserable and pessimistic BG71. Temper those expectations! Bring on the negativity! :bag::bag::bag::bag:
Nothing else has worked on my 47 year ride with this franchise. This is the 'only' approach I haven't tried. So far it's gotten them to 5-0!

However, I won't digress to the level of Shula Steakhouse, by ridiculing the players and/or coaches personally with the malice only Steelers and Raven fans could muster.

Jeez - and I thought I was a miserable fvcker :) however I'm looking at the positives all the way through to the postseason ... we didn't lose a vital player due to season ending pre-season injury ...... Burfict must have been close to making a week 1 appearance so I'm guessing by week 8 he'll be good to go albeit maybe not at his previous level.

10-6 or 11-5 and the play-offs baaaaaby !!!