53-Man Roster Projections

HoosierCat

So yeah CincyJungle did a nice job of summarizing tweets, and we get to see Mike Brown Jr. wanna-be, Paul Alexander, saying weird things (why is he appearing in the media all of a sudden?? Why, Dear God?) about Bodine, then whining about Rex Ryan blitzing his 2nd and 3rd stringers to death (cmon, he should be happy they didn't come after Dalton at all).

I pray he is not being groomed for Marv's replacement, and the increased media presence/activity troubles me.

Bodine would be the first mid-rounder he's developed in his entire NFL career, by the way, so I'm not holding my breath.

Eh, who knows. I don't think there's anything calculated here but it could be a sign of a little d**k-slapping contest between Alexander and Hue. And I agree that Alexander could use a little challenging. Hobson has already tried to paper things over with an "everyone really agrees" story on the site, but even there you can detect that Hue would prefer more experience.

Hmm... I had forgotten Paul's title of Assistant Head Coach. That puts the politics more to the forefront. I see Bodine as greater than Guy-Check but not sure he is as wavy as Cook became. I was never impressed with Cook athletically. or technical for that matter. He should have played guard. I'm not sold on Robinson either because he looks lean and seems to stand upright when he plays center. I'd like to see what Pollack can do with the rest of the ones. He has battled injuries this camp which has cost him playing time.

The expanded PS is official. Supposedly it's just for 2014 and 2015 but we'll see. Another change: the two extra guys can have up to two full accrued seasons, so you could have a third year guy who played all 32 games his first two years still be PS-eligible. For the bengals, this means a guy like Devon Still is now PS-eligible.

Here is my stab at the final 53 with PS and IR.

Offense:

QB: Dalton, Campbell

HB: Bernard, Hill, Peerman, BJGE (until Rex is off IR)

FB: Hewitt

WR: Green, Jones, Sanu, Sanzenbacher, White, Tate

TE: Eifert, Gresham, Smith

OT: Whitworth, Andre Smith, Newhouse, Hawkinson

OG: Zeitler, Boling, Pollack, Hopkins

OC: Bodine

Defense:

DE: Dunlap, Gilberry, Hunt, Clarke, Geathers

DT: Atkins, Peko, Thompson, Bilukidi

LB: Burfict, Maualuga, Lamur, Rey, DiManche, Flowers

S: Nelson, Iloka, Manning, Williams, Mays

CB: Hall, Newman, Dennard, Kirkpatrick, Jones

Special Teams:

Nugent

Huber

Harris

PS:

Scott

Ross

McCaleb

Still

Hamilton

Robinson

Moch

Isiah Lewis

Stanford

Schaffer

IR:

McCarron

Berkhead

It only takes one team that is struggling at DE to make that move and snag him.

Even if they aren't struggling, if the thought is that he's going to turn into something good in another season or two, maybe they view that as being more valuable than whatever they have at the bottom of the position group that they know the ceiling with. I could be wrong, but I don't think they risk it either.

Here is my stab at the final 53 with PS and IR.

Offense:

QB: Dalton, Campbell

HB: Bernard, Hill, Peerman, BJGE (until Rex is off IR)

FB: Hewitt

WR: Green, Jones, Sanu, Sanzenbacher, White, Tate

TE: Eifert, Gresham, Smith

OT: Whitworth, Andre Smith, Newhouse, Hawkinson

OG: Zeitler, Boling, Pollack, Hopkins

OC: Bodine

Defense:

DE: Dunlap, Gilberry, Hunt, Clarke, Geathers

DT: Atkins, Peko, Thompson, Bilukidi

LB: Burfict, Maualuga, Lamur, Rey, DiManche, Flowers

S: Nelson, Iloka, Manning, Williams, Mays

CB: Hall, Newman, Dennard, Kirkpatrick, Jones

Special Teams:

Nugent

Huber

Harris

PS:

Scott

Ross

McCaleb

Still

Hamilton

Robinson

Moch

Isiah Lewis

Stanford

Schaffer

IR:

McCarron

Berkhead

What no Chris Crocker?? Surely he'll receive a call to get his a$$ off the couch ......... (note to footballing gods of injuries - mr .crocker deserves a rest, please don't hurt the Bengals DB's this year)

There is a good write up on Cincy jungle on Brandon Thompsons struggles. Once the strength of the team I do worry about the d-line depth, especially the interior line. Let's hope the starters stay healthy this year.

I'll be watching this WR group this week, hopefully Hamilton looks and plays much better then last week.