And It Just Gets Better for Browns Fans

HoosierCat

Amazing.    Mike Brown gave zero fucks about football his first decade as owner.  He might not now either.   His first decade  He was mostly focused on new stadium, fighting free agency,  how to beat the salary cap, revenue sharing, how to beat guaranteed money,  how to beat IRS estate tax code.     Basically sucking money out of football to secure his family financial future.

Beat that dude up in Cleveland by 8 wins.    Owner before Haslam sucked ass too.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Plaintiffs are coming out of the woodwork now to file suits against Deshaun Watson.  It is looking more and more like the Browns will be without Watson for the whole season.  I was thinking half, but with two more plaintiffs signing up, a resolution of his civil suits seems more and more unlikely.  Good job Browns!  

• Like 1

66 massage therapists in 17 months?  His future in the league is in doubt.  

Not in doubt - the utter stupidity of the Browns owner.  He inherited all his money and his biggest accomplishment is using $92 million, not a typo, of that money to buy his way out of being prosecuted for a massive fraud scheme he perpetrated on his truck stop customers.  

The current fraud scheme he’s executing is called owning the Browns.  He truly is a parasite.  

• Thanks 1

Wilson is a ticking time bomb. The crazy number of women he's pulled this shit on is a screaming red alert siren blaring "he will do this again" at ear-shattering decibel levels.

And that might be the only thing that saves the Browns financially.

• Like 1

While I read somewhere about the potential for the Browns to get out of paying him his contract due to not being aware of additional cases potentially coming forward would be helpful for them, they won't be getting back those 3 first round picks they coughed up regardless.  Being out that money, giving up 3 first rounders AND never seeing that player take the field would be more hilarious than any football craziness I've ever heard.  

I'm not a fan of giving up on your team, but I think that would be enough for me to move in another direction.
Browns fans are just so stupid though, they will just keep on wearing the dog face masks, barking and throwing batteries.

Stupid Cleveland...

• Like 2

I think the Browns will pressure the league to let Watson play at least half the season.  If unsuccessful, as seems likely, I think they’ll beg the league to give them back their draft picks, or at least some of their draft picks.

I don’t know if there is precedent for it.  Absent outright fraud by the Texans, I think the Browns should get no relief.  

But I think they will get relief.  Their argument will be we’ve stupidly put ourselves at such a competitive disadvantage that it’s bad for the league.  So for the sake of the league, the common good of the NFL, we need a couple of those first round picks back.  For some reason I think the league will fall for it.  

1 hour ago, COB said:

Two more plaintiffs filing lawsuits.  Dude can’t catch a break.  Probably so stressed out over all this that the only thing that can help is a nice relaxing massage.

And maybe this time don’t ask the bitch for a happy ending… I could be wrong.

• 4 weeks later...

They aren’t going to the super bowl anytime soon.  But week 1 they’re heading down to Carolina so they can pay their old quarterback $10.5 million to hand them their first loss of the season.  

You have to be a different kind of owner to:

1.  Pay two starting quarterbacks serious money, one is a Craigslist massage aficionado, gropes and exposes himself to any female he spends more than five minutes with, the other is the Cheesecake Factory Parking Lot Cowboy, collects their phones then he orders that cheesecake!

2.  Mismanage your roster to the point you’re paying your very competitive, very good, starting quarterback to play for someone else.  Your former number one overall pick.  Your QB who just beat the AFC champion twice in the same season.  

3.  Sign a league pariah to a record, guaranteed, contract, then can’t even get him on the field for the big window year when you’ve still got the cap space and you’ve still got all those good players on the roster.

The Browns are a dumpster fire.  I want to say there are no winners in all this, but why lie?  Baker Mayfield, in spite of that $3.5 million pay cut, came out of all this pretty well.  He can drive away from the Mistake and not look back.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

People forget how much talent the Browns do have on that roster (seriously take a look at their depth chart), but their ownership just can't get out of it's own damn way.  As much as I am not a fan of Watson, he was a top 5 QB in the league before the Texans sat him last season.  He makes that team pretty competitive in my opinion.  At least a hell of a lot more than Jacoby Brissett does.  With Brisett under center, that team is going to have to rely on that running attack, which is their true strength.

Regarding Mayfield, I wasn't a fan of his coming out of college and that disdain grew when he became a Brown.  Now, I will probably be rooting for him to do well, if for no other reason than to piss off Cleveland.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...