Andy Dalton Sucks!

HoosierCat

NFL.com has Andy ranked at the 18th best QB in the league, despite the fact that he's 3rd in touchdowns, 8th in yards, 10th in QB rating (more than 200 attempts) and leads the league in completions over 40 yards.

/>http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000304038/article/quarterback-index-yearend-rankings

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NFL.com has Andy ranked at the 18th best QB in the league, despite the fact that he's 3rd in touchdowns, 8th in yards, 10th in QB rating (more than 200 attempts) and leads the league in completions over 40 yards.

/>http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000304038/article/quarterback-index-yearend-rankings

Stuff like that list ticks me off at this point.

http://www.nfl.com/n...earend-rankings

Stuff like that list ticks me off at this point.

I agree and his name isn't Russell, or Colin or RG3. And he doesn't play on the east coast.

It is low by about 8, Dalton in my opinion is a top ten QB. Ask yourself this question, who in the NFL would you rather have going forward? Let's start in the division, Flacco?....no. Browns QB Du Jour?...no. Roethlisberger?...for right now yes for the future?...I would still say no. How about in the AFC. Brady and Manning are certainly better QBs but would you rather have a young Dalton or an old Manning...again for the future. Rivers? possibly. Luck? Definately. So in the AFC I would rather have Luck and Brady and that is about it (with the possibility I am forgetting someone). In the NFC, I would rather have Wilson, Rodgers, Brees and Griffin (and possibly Foles if he continues to play out of his mind).

Dalton a top Ten QB...I can't find 10 guys in the NFL today I would rather have.

It is low by about 8, Dalton in my opinion is a top ten QB. Ahzourself this question, who in the NFL would you rather have going forward? Let's start in the division, Flacco?....no. Browns QB Du Jour?...no. Roethlisberger?...for right now yes for the future?...I would still say no. How about in the AFC. Brady and Manning are certainly better QBs but would you rather have a young Dalton or an old Manning...again for the future. Rivers? possibly. Luck? Definately. So in the AFC I would rather have Luck and Brady and that is about it (with the possibility I am forgetting someone). In the NFC, I would rather have Wilson, Rodgers, Brees and Griffin (and possibly Foles if he continues to play out of his mind).

Dalton a top Ten QB...I can't find 10 guys in the NFL today I would rather have.

For me, I'll take Dalton over Griffin. Griffin'S style will shorten his years, and the jury's still out on his ability to bounce back.

Finally, Andys never missed a game#

Earlier in the year I ranked QBs by their work by combining last year's statistical review with what they had accomplished by that point this year, I had Dalton at 13 and this was before he blew up October. At this point I'd imagine he'd be just outside of the top ten statistically over the past two years. I've always described him as good but not great and I think it fits. I also think that he has the upside to attain greatness and the character to avoid falling into terribleness.

The article says that consistency is what you want from a QB with "limitations", and this is about the stupidest f**king statement that could be made. Consistently good play is what you want from any QB. The author makes this statement as if a QB can crap the bed all the time, just so long as he doesn't have any of these undefined "limitations". So I guess we better run out and get JaMarcus Russel eh? Every QB has limitations, you stupid f**kwit (guy who wrote the article, in case it wasn't obvious). Brady gets rattled to hell by pressure, Manning has issues in the playoffs, Rivers vanishes for parts of seasons (often the later half) and Rotherlisberger's style of play gets him hurt all the f**king time. The question is, does the QB have the strength of character and leadership to overcome his weaknesses and win? The answer for Dalton is a resoundingly obvious "yes".

For f**ks sake they have Stafford, the guy who just lead his team out of the playoffs by fumbling and throwing interceptions all over the field, at 13, because somehow he's still the better QB?

It's interesting how Dalton's pre-draft assessments have stuck with him throughout his career. I don't really know that I've seen this occur, at least not like this with other quarterbacks of similar production. Typically when the pundits have reservations about a player before the draft and he puts up numbers anyways, they stop talking about that stuff. But Dalton's "limitations" are still constantly mentioned, as though their existence is something that never even needs to be debated in the first place.

The arm strength thing has always been absolutely bogus. I don't know what else he can do to prove that. His accuracy can be a bit erratic sometimes, but that wasn't a critique often assigned to him before he was drafted. These guys honestly just talk out of their ass endlessly and make big money in the process. Boycott these s**t heads. Don't watch their terrible television. Don't read their terrible articles. I don't get it. Don't encourage their continued behavior in any way whatsoever.

Some of it is hard to avoid, I know. Rodney Harrison's dumbass is stuck right in the halftime report of the primetime game.

Dalton is starting to be treated a lot like Tony Romo, really (and his statistics are very Romo-esque -- this is a good thing). No matter what he does, it's always his fault -- and every future game hinges completely on his performance. It's absurd.

Earlier in the year I ranked QBs by their work by combining last year's statistical review with what they had accomplished by that point this year, I had Dalton at 13 and this was before he blew up October. At this point I'd imagine he'd be just outside of the top ten statistically over the past two years. I've always described him as good but not great and I think it fits. I also think that he has the upside to attain greatness and the character to avoid falling into terribleness.

The article says that consistency is what you want from a QB with "limitations", and this is about the stupidest f**king statement that could be made. Consistently good play is what you want from any QB. The author makes this statement as if a QB can crap the bed all the time, just so long as he doesn't have any of these undefined "limitations". So I guess we better run out and get JaMarcus Russel eh? Every QB has limitations, you stupid f**kwit (guy who wrote the article, in case it wasn't obvious). Brady gets rattled to hell by pressure, Manning has issues in the playoffs, Rivers vanishes for parts of seasons (often the later half) and Rotherlisberger's style of play gets him hurt all the f**king time. The question is, does the QB have the strength of character and leadership to overcome his weaknesses and win? The answer for Dalton is a resoundingly obvious "yes".

For f**ks sake they have Stafford, the guy who just lead his team out of the playoffs by fumbling and throwing interceptions all over the field, at 13, because somehow he's still the better QB?

I like the fact that Rothlisberger has somehow stayed healthy this season, but they still need a miracle to make the playoffs. A team in decline in Pittsburgh.

It's interesting how Dalton's pre-draft assessments have stuck with him throughout his career. I don't really know that I've seen this occur, at least not like this with other quarterbacks of similar production. Typically when the pundits have reservations about a player before the draft and he puts up numbers anyways, they stop talking about that stuff. But Dalton's "limitations" are still constantly mentioned, as though their existence is something that never even needs to be debated in the first place.

This has struck me as well. I'm convinced that 99% of the seemingly endless Dalton criticism is rooted in the fact he was a second-round pick.

Meanwhile Golden Child Cam Newton just got above .500 as a starting QB.

The most important thing is his td passes and wins go up each season. The ENTIRE focus will be the playoff game. Can he win a playoff game. If NOT, then he'll be in the Matt Ryan zone. Even though he won a playoff game last year he still had to hear it. I want SD or Mia just because with the familiarity the Ravens and Steelers have with Cincy I think that gives them a better shot. I want to ROLL the Ravens this week.

I like the fact that Rothlisberger has somehow stayed healthy this season, but they still need a miracle to make the playoffs. A team in decline in Pittsburgh.

I like that fact too. Rothlisberger had a healthy season and put up one of his statistically better years, and yet the Steelers are struggling. It's almost as if Rothlisberger was, and is, given way too much credit for the team winning and none for them losing. If you read the articles, they've consistently priased and highly rated him when the team, as a whole, played very well. Now that they are middling at best? The team is wasting a stellar season by the golden boy. :rolleyes:

The most important thing is his td passes and wins go up each season. The ENTIRE focus will be the playoff game. Can he win a playoff game. If NOT, then he'll be in the Matt Ryan zone. Even though he won a playoff game last year he still had to hear it. I want SD or Mia just because with the familiarity the Ravens and Steelers have with Cincy I think that gives them a better shot. I want to ROLL the Ravens this week.

Oh I think it won't matter if he wins a playoff game, unless he puts up 300+ yards and throws 4-5 TDs anyway, and maybe not even then. If he puts up 250 and two tds with maybe an int or fumble, and they win, everyone but Andy will get credit. If he puts up similar numbers in a loss, they'll talk about how he just can't get it done.

Andy's a great frontrunner, and to his great credit he helps to put the team into position to be frontrunners. He comes into all games well prepared and consistently gives the Bengals leads, especially against weaker defenses.

but when things go poorly early for the Bengals, he can't change the game's momentum, especially against top defenses. Pittsburgh was the latest example. When the Bengals do come from behind, it's usually due to momentum-changing plays by the defense, and possibly the special teams.

here's hoping the Bengals get off to good starts in the playoff games.

When the Bengals protect Dalton, we win. It's become a simple formula. In fact if they make protecting Dalton the number one priority in the offseason, I think they can be Super Bowl contenders. If Boling is allowed to start again, they let Collins go, etc, we can expect more up and down play, especially on the road.

Thing find funny is all flack we receive when we lose but for most part we've never been Blown out,Browns did the best Steelers got a string of lucky plays outside of that...2 overtimes and one field goal ....I'd say Andy has done good job atleast keeping us in every game outside of browns game.

When the Bengals protect Dalton, we win. It's become a simple formula. In fact if they make protecting Dalton the number one priority in the offseason, I think they can be Super Bowl contenders. If Boling is allowed to start again, they let Collins go, etc, we can expect more up and down play, especially on the road.

In the words of someone we all know....GIMME A LINEMEN?!

Andy is a pocket QB. So is Brady. Watch Brady during the game. Most of his passes, he stands there and throws flatfooted. When he does get pressure, as Cincy did to him, he responds as ANY pocket QB would.

The one thing Bill B has done in New England, is, regardless of the revolving door, he has made sure he has a line that can protect him most of the time!

I would venture to take a guess that when MOST teams put themselves in a 21-0 hole, it's difficult engineering a comeback of that size.

true, although he had chances to swing the momentum when we were still down 7-0 or 14-0; would have been easier.

Bengals changed game momentum in Packers, Bills, Browns, Lions games, and went on to win. But each game had a momentum swing due to big plays by B's defense or teams. The closest thing to an offensive-driven momentum change was in the Colts games, after Colts came back from 21-0 to make it 21-14, when the Bengals offense put up a TD. That's not quite a pressure situation since Bengals were ahead, but I was most relieved to see those 7 points. As I recall, Colts had two dumb penalties to extend that drive, which you can't always count on. But, hopefully it's something to build on.

I think the Bengals offense is still very young and needs to chill a little when the game goes against them. They need to believe that they can lead a comeback, and thus far, they don't believe. And with few such results, why would they?