Free agents...

GeorgeObererIII

Ok put me in on the Lacy train, he is so awesome in space and his juke moves are crazy. Im guessing he can catch the ball as well which is great, because im hoping next year maybe they will work on screen passes, and dump offs. Lacy with the first 2nd round pick, i will take that!

Ok put me in on the Lacy train, he is so awesome in space and his juke moves are crazy. Im guessing he can catch the ball as well which is great, because im hoping next year maybe they will work on screen passes, and dump offs. Lacy with the first 2nd round pick, i will take that!

I'd take him with the first pick at 21. He's an offense and Dalton multiplier. He'd make the entire offense that much better. This offense needs as many playmakers as possible.

The real question is would he get past the Steelers at 16? I doubt it. There are fans of all 32 teams, give or take a few, that want to draft this guy after tonight!

I don't want anything to do with a RB at #21, when there isn't much separating the top 5 that could be had as late as our second pick in the 2nd round. While I love what I saw out of Lacy last night and wouldn't complain about him in the least, i'm not going to overreact to a RB many didn't think was in the top 5 RB's in the draft. Things change and between the combine and workouts, I hope the RB picture comes clearer. He did look good though, no doubt about it.

I don't want anything to do with a RB at #21, when there isn't much separating the top 5 that could be had as late as our second pick in the 2nd round. While I love what I saw out of Lacy last night and wouldn't complain about him in the least, i'm not going to overreact to a RB many didn't think was in the top 5 RB's in the draft. Things change and between the combine and workouts, I hope the RB picture comes clearer. He did look good though, no doubt about it.

True. Alot does change from now and the draft. This offense needs a difference maker. If it's running back at #21, I have no problem with that.

I'm sure looking back if we would have taken Doug Martin last year instead of Kirkpatrick, nobody would have an issue with that now.

The real question is would he get past the Steelers at 16? I doubt it. There are fans of all 32 teams, give or take a few, that want to draft this guy after tonight!

He's not going to go #16 because of one game. He still isn't going to be the 1st back off the board, and there are no elite graded backs in this draft. I understand that we are in DIRE need of a RB, but don't be a prisoner of the moment.

He's not going to go #16 because of one game. He still isn't going to be the 1st back off the board, and there are no elite graded backs in this draft. I understand that we are in DIRE need of a RB, but don't be a prisoner of the moment.

I was being a prisoner of the moment and a slight bit facitious.

However, it is a fact that the draft boards will shift and change dramatically. I also believe that it is a fact that the Bengals offense, and Dalton, need a dominating running back to take their play to the next level.

I also believe that it is a fact that the Bengals offense, and Dalton, need a dominating running back to take their play to the next level.

and of course I want the same end result - a stronger run game - but I want to achieve it a different way

with a dominating offensive line

You know what the best part is? I think they can easily do both in the draft and in FA. THIS could be the best offseason evah!

What I think makes this offseason the most interesting is for once the bengals earned their post season spot and didnt back into it like last year. The bengals have a chance to put themselves over the top this year with the right additions -retain home grown talent, solid free agents, and draft wisely. We have the most cap space in the nfl right now as well as a promising future. It wasn't the ending we all wanted to this season but i believe we have the best team in the north hands down and thats before we add in the draft or free agency.

I think they could make a splash with a FA WR, considering whos on that list. Hixon, Bowe, Gibson, Jennings, Henderson.... Lots of hands to be considered. Most of which would be excellent pick-ups.

Lacy was a beast. I won't complain about getting him in r1.

Also, I think they need to get a better back-up to learn this system. Josh Johnson is a guy I've always liked. He would be an interesting guy to groom.

Considering the cap #s, I hope they get busy signing our D-line to some contracts...

No, I don't think that the added WR would have to be a big splash.

If it is it will probably come via the draft if there's a stud WR that they can't turn down.

If it's a FA pick up, it just needs to be a dependable target that can draw some coverage away from Green.

Drafting a WR is a key, to me.

From GBN: Clemson junior WR DeAndre Hopkins has announced that he has decided to forego his senior year and will enter the 2013 draft. The 6-0, 200-pound Hopkins is coming off a record setting season in which he caught 82 passes for over 1,400 yards and 18 TDs topped off by a dominating performance in the Tigers' bowl win over the other Tigers from LSU in which he had 13 catches for 191 yards and two scores. Hopkins is currently rated as a second-round pick on the majority of boards around the NFL.

if you watched the game v LSU, guy was a beast.

If it is it will probably come via the draft if there's a stud WR that they can't turn down.

If it's a FA pick up, it just needs to be a dependable target that can draw some coverage away from Green.

From GBN: Clemson junior WR DeAndre Hopkins has announced that he has decided to forego his senior year and will enter the 2013 draft. The 6-0, 200-pound Hopkins is coming off a record setting season in which he caught 82 passes for over 1,400 yards and 18 TDs topped off by a dominating performance in the Tigers' bowl win over the other Tigers from LSU in which he had 13 catches for 191 yards and two scores. Hopkins is currently rated as a second-round pick on the majority of boards around the NFL.

I still think a dominating running game is key for Dalton. He needs the play action. He needs a balanced attack. He cannot do it all with his arm as he is not a Brady/Rodgers/Manning.

I still think a dominating running game is key for Dalton. He needs the play action. He needs a balanced attack. He cannot do it all with his arm as he is not a Brady/Rodgers/Manning.

I agree. RB r1, then get another very good WR (if not getting one in FA). RB is truly key. Need to be a baller.

I agree. RB r1, then get another very good WR (if not getting one in FA). RB is truly key. Need to be a baller.

Again the beauty of this offeseason with the cap room and the draft picks is that they can address both the WR and RB positions. And OL.

I will say it again, I don't believe there will be a RB worthy of being taken at #21.

Wait until our first pick in the 2nd and take their highest rated RB right there.

While I would love to take Elam in the first, what if a higer rated WR not expected to be there falls ??

Most probably would hate the idea, but I won't totally dismiss it by any stretch.

I'll even throw a name out there. Patterson.

I guy I thought might be there in the bottom of the 2nd, who will probably go in the first.