Bengals @ Chiefs Pregame/Game Thread

HoosierCat

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Chiefs aren't really even playing close games this season.

Only two of their losses were by less than 10 points. Five losses were by at least two TD's.

The Bengals don't have any reason whatsoever to lose to the Chiefs. NONE.

Question is, will the "urgency" continue over from last weeks win over the Giants ??

I'm not even close to saying one way or another on that one.

I will say the refs were totally on Pitt's side tonight (what else is new?). Still...Chiefs are terrible. If the Bengals can't beat these jokers they don't deserve to be in the NFL.

Chiefs defense looked pretty darn good out there tonight, questionable calls favoring the Steelers (as always) aside. Quality play in both the front 7 and the secondary

Early reports on Bennifer suggest a shoulder sprain that will keep him out "a while." MRI coming today.

/>http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8626611/pittsburgh-steelers-fear-ben-roethlisberger-source-says

We know how this one plays out, right? He comes back in a week or two and we all have to wade through yet another avalanche of stories about how tough and gutty and blah blah blah he is. Ugh.

Random thoughts here:

The Bengals right now are 9th in the AFC according to record and tie breakers. Between them and the 6th seed are the Dolphins, Chargers, Colts (6th seed currently).

The Bengals sit at 4-5 with the Dolphins and Chargers at 4-5 as well. The Colts are 2 games ahead at 6-3.

Looking at next week, the Colts play at New England, the Dolphins are at Buffalo this Thursday night. The Chargers are at Denver. The Bengals, of course, are playing in Kansas City.

If the Bengals win in KC they could very easily be 1 game behind the Colts for the 6th seed in the playoffs. Bengals at 5-5 with the Colts at 6-4.

Looking further ahead in the schedule, the Chargers and Dolphins schedules are not friendly. The Dolphins face NE twice, Seattle, and SF. The Chargers run the gauntlet starting this week at Denver, then against the Ravens, Steelers, and Bengals. The Colts still have to play Houston twice and at NE.

I fully expect the Bengals to stay at that 7th spot for the remainder of the season if they can get by KC and OAK. Keeping in mid that Roethelisburger MIGHT be out for awhile and the Colts have not won games against world beaters and could fold a little in the second half of the season.

Realistically, the Bengals can only lose 2 more games to end at 9-7 but even then they would not own the tiebreaker with Indy, most likely, if both teams ended at 9-7. If they go 6-1 the rest of the way, getting in looks good...obviously at 10-6.

Root for the division winners to expand their leads. Root against Indy (6-3), Pitt (6-3), and Miami (4-5). I'm not even worried about SD.

There is always hope for the Bengals and I would be MORE than happy to see that happen.

I would love nothing more than to see them get to the playoffs in back to back seasons.

I just don't see that happening. God I hope i'm wrong.

I don't see it happening either. However, with each win, the season becomes more and more entertaining. It's completely not out of the realm of possibility that the Steelers lose the next 2, the Colts lose the next 2, and the Bengals win the next 2. All 3 teams would be 6-5. The Bengals would be sitting barely on the outside because of tie breakers.

Likely? No. Possible? Yes. Does it make the season more fun? Yes.

There is always hope for the Bengals and I would be MORE than happy to see that happen.

I would love nothing more than to see them get to the playoffs in back to back seasons.

Does it make the season more fun? Yes.

I'll buy that.

That's probably because we Bengals fans are the only ones that could look at being 4-5 as "fun".

Good God...

Does it make the season more fun? Yes.

I'll buy that.

That's probably because we Bengals fans are the only ones that could look at being 4-5 as "fun".

Good God...

4-5 is not fun. 6-5 is fun. I have a feeling that's what this team will be starting December.

Good lord, is it already almost December???

I'd love to have that Miami game back.

We have to hope the Ravens sweep Pittsburgh and Indy hits the skids at some point. Problem is Tennessee is mediocre and Jacksonville is just plain bad.

We still have Pittsburgh and Baltimore. We really need to win both.

Speaking of fun, it's just a party in KC these days. Reminds me of the Nineties.

Hey look, a QB controversy: Brady Quinn cleared for action.

Coach and GM on the hot seat.

Fans (see comments): nuke the team from orbit it's the only way to be sure.

Mike and Mike quoted a stat that the Chiefs-drafted QB has not won a game since Todd Blackledge in the 1980s. Wow. How do they get a free pass nationally for being a crap franchise and we get grilled even during the good times?

Early reports on Bennifer suggest a shoulder sprain that will keep him out "a while." MRI coming today.

/>http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8626611/pittsburgh-steelers-fear-ben-roethlisberger-source-says

We know how this one plays out, right? He comes back in a week or two and we all have to wade through yet another avalanche of stories about how tough and gutty and blah blah blah he is. Ugh.

Found this one in the power rankings over at PFT:

Steelers: By the end of the week, Ben Roethlisberger will claim that doctors thought about amputating his arm.

Priceless.

:lmao:

I really don't understand why people are giving Crennel such a hard time. He did so well in Cleveland that he should get a free pass at any coaching job in the NFL he wants for the rest of his career. I heard he liked living in Ohio, does the pro shop at Paul Brown stadium have coaches gear big enough to fit him?

I don't see it happening either. However, with each win, the season becomes more and more entertaining. It's completely not out of the realm of possibility that the Steelers lose the next 2, the Colts lose the next 2, and the Bengals win the next 2. All 3 teams would be 6-5. The Bengals would be sitting barely on the outside because of tie breakers.

Likely? No. Possible? Yes. Does it make the season more fun? Yes.

Very well put. That's the way I see it too

Wow, does this seem familiar...

/>http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266514

Oh my! Sounds like they are going to have there own black out with black shirts that read "Save our Chiefs". LOL this should be good, im just hoping the bengals dont play stupid, and come out ready to play! Other wise we need to make shirts that say "Fire Mike Brown, save our Bengals"....oh wait.....

Update on the reigning Drama Queen of the NFL: a sprained shoulder isn't going to keep Her Majesty of the field. No, you see, she has a displaced rib that could stab her through the heart! Really. I give it a week (tops) before this becomes "How Ben Roethlisberger almost died on the field."