Bengals @ Browns Pregame Talk/Game Thread

HoosierCat

The sky is falling, etc. But there's still a game in Cleveburg next Sunday. It appears that Browns CB Dimitri Patterson will be out with an ankle injury. The Browns get Joe Haden back but it's not clear whether he will play. So far he's on roster exemption (like Moch last week), but I expect him to be activated before Sunday.

I predict the Bengals will lose 112-0, 22 starters will suffer season-ending injuries and, following the game, Mike Brown will announce he has discovered an immortality serum and plans to run the team forever. :P

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I thought the Bengals would have beaten the Dolphins and then followed that up with a loss in Cleveland this week.

With them losing to the Dolphins, I fully expect them to beat the Browns.

Let's not forget that these guys are angry.

Grrrrr and sh*t !!!

Come to think of it, that could be a future team mantra for t-shirts.

"The 2013 Cincinnati Bengals: GRRRRR AND SH*T !!!"

I expect this to be a close game, and the Bengals won't win if they play any sort of mediocre football. Cleveland hasn't won yet, but they've shown clear progress especially on offense. I don't think losing to Miami is relevant to this game, that shouldn't have any bearing on the Bengals' performance in my opinion.

I think it'll be decided late in the 4th quarter by a single score, and I am not at all sure the Bengals will win.

Also worth noting is the primetime home meeting with the Steelers one Sunday later. This just feels like a dangerous game to me, and it will significantly impact the Bengals' chances the rest of the season either way.

I don't have any insight on the game, other than if we play like we did against the dolphins, its gonna be a long day. Instead I'm here to update you on the sad state of Brown fandom.

Last Sunday two Browns fans in Newark went to the local bw3 to watch year 13 of the 25 year plan their expansion team has to make it all the way up to mediocrity. Year 13 has them scheduled to ascend to either "reprehensible", or "inept", I'm not sure which because I left the mistake decades ago and after a while they just assume you've gone somewhere and obtained some dignity and self respect and they drop you off the email list. So these two fans are at bw3 and they are predictably driven insane by actually watching their collection of poorly groomed hooligans run into each other on the field. Per Browns fan Protocol, they step outside and start beating the crap out of each other. After they get tired of punching each other, one pulls out a knife and stabs the other in the leg. I know you are now thinking, "could be Raider or Eagle fans." Wrong. They were father and son, that distinction sets them apart and distinguishes them as Browns fans. So now we are all updated on the state of Browns fandom: bruised up, stabbed, and incarcerated.

I don't have any insight on the game, other than if we play like we did against the dolphins, its gonna be a long day. Instead I'm here to update you on the sad state of Brown fandom.

Last Sunday two Browns fans in Newark went to the local bw3 to watch year 13 of the 25 year plan their expansion team has to make it all the way up to mediocrity. Year 13 has them scheduled to ascend to either "reprehensible", or "inept", I'm not sure which because I left the mistake decades ago and after a while they just assume you've gone somewhere and obtained some dignity and self respect and they drop you off the email list. So these two fans are at bw3 and they are predictably driven insane by actually watching their collection of poorly groomed hooligans run into each other on the field. Per Browns fan Protocol, they step outside and start beating the crap out of each other. After they get tired of punching each other, one pulls out a knife and stabs the other in the leg. I know you are now thinking, "could be Raider or Eagle fans." Wrong. They were father and son, that distinction sets them apart and distinguishes them as Browns fans. So now we are all updated on the state of Browns fandom: bruised up, stabbed, and incarcerated.

:lol: C'mon, you had to have made that up.

:lol: C'mon, you had to have made that up.

I'm going to go with fact.

While I always appreciate the "extras" we get from COB, this one has FACT written all over it.

It just happens to be funny as hell to boot.

Outside of the 2 guys who have went down for the year, we've been pretty healthy all year.

Howard to IR

Wharton to IR

Prater to IR

Ghee to IR

Cook to short IR

Scott to IR

Kirkpatrick - who knows?

That doesnt look healthy.

The only positions that havent had a player injured and out for the game is QB and S

Should be a good game. Our coach is on the hot seat and has even threw our rookie qb (whom in his first 5 games has amassed the most yards ever for a rookie behind Newton's rookie season) under the bus for his horrendous play calling. He refuses to run the ball, so expect Weeden to throw for 40+ attempts easily. Our receivers are so god awful it should be illegal. We do have Joe Haden back which is a blessing, Buster Skrine is demonically bad.

So with all this said I expect our inept coach to lay it all on the line to try and save his ass. Maybe even a fake punt or field goal wouldn't surprise me. I'm just finally relieved regardless of his age we seemed to have truly found a guy to lead this bunch of clowns out of the basement and be a true leader for this team.

Good luck, well not really, but you know. :cowboy:

p.s. I love the emoticons and I picked Miami last week :) Never can trust them Bungles to take care of business. But I have AJ Green in fantasy and the guy has been beastly, so I wouldn't cringe if he gets some touches.

Outside of the 2 guys who have went down for the year, we've been pretty healthy all year.

Howard to IR

Wharton to IR

Prater to IR

Ghee to IR

Cook to short IR

Scott to IR

Kirkpatrick - who knows?

That doesnt look healthy.

The only positions that havent had a player injured and out for the game is QB and S

Completely forgot about Wharton and Ghee. Prater was not going to make the roster. Neither was Sands. They're basically being stashed on the IR. I guess I overestimated how healthy we've been.

Grrrrr and sh*t !!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: How did I miss that post??? "GRRRRR AND SH*T!!!" Perfect! They should put that on the inside of every restroom stall door in PBS.

Grrrrr and sh*t !!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: How did I miss that post??? "GRRRRR AND SH*T!!!" Perfect! They should put that on the inside of every restroom stall door in PBS.

Glad you enjoyed Hoosier !!!

Seriously, i'm going to continue to use that one.

You've got to feel this loss coming on. The Browns quarterback is pretty good. They lose all the time. We looked horrible last week. And finally, the Browns will benefit from the best-known slumpbuster in the NFL. That being when the father-son fan stabbing occurrs. It breaks your team out of a slump every time. Browns 23, Bengals 14.

Heres my question what kind of team is this? I feel they are going to be 5 games in, and i can say i dont know what kind of team on offense they are trying to be. I thought this was supposed to be a WCO, but yet are we really seeing it? Every now and then i guess we do, but how about more screens, if they cant run the ball then screen it. Seemed like last week they were going down the field alot, why not get 5-7 yard chunks, and making picking up 3rd downs easier. I guess im just not understanding who they are at this point.

Also they really need to learn to beat the teams they are supposed to when it is close. You see teams in the division that may have stuggled against those bad teams, but they find ways to win the game. So if they can find ways to finish games, and how about start the games fast, they start the games so flat, and last week they could never recover. Anyways who knows who will win, but if they lose this week, then there is no way they make the playoffs. Find a way to win!