how cedric benson gonna do tomorrow?

markjanes

Benson should do well, hillis did great... So yeah i can see those numbers... But we need to have a complete game,.. We need to corral Skelton and hold fitz to a reasonable game...

Or...even when he's replaced next week...

I just don't see that happening.

I wish it would. Can Peerman be worse? I doubt it. It's not like Ced hits holes quickly etc. And now that he is a fumbling mofo, he's a net loss in every respect when he's on the field.

I don't know how you trust him with the ball next week.

Gawd please let Leonard be healthy next Sunday.

I wish it would. Can Peerman be worse? I doubt it. It's not like Ced hits holes quickly etc. And now that he is a fumbling mofo, he's a net loss in every respect when he's on the field.

Do either of you want to bet Benson will not be the starting RB nest week? Granted this game against Arizona was not his best, but he is the only 1000 yard rusher on the team.

I don't know how you trust him with the ball next week.

Gawd please let Leonard be healthy next Sunday.

Do either of you want to bet Benson will not be the starting RB nest week? Granted this game against Arizona was not his best, but he is the only 1000 yard rusher on the team.

What part of "I wish it would" looked like I was saying he would be benched? I am not predicting he will be, I am saying I wish he would be. He is absolutely terrible in all respects, and now that he is fumbling, he is an absolute holy terror of bad football on the field.

What part of "I wish it would" looked like I was saying he would be benched? I am not predicting he will be, I am saying I wish he would be. He is absolutely terrible in all respects, and now that he is fumbling, he is an absolute holy terror of bad football on the field.

My bad. Read your post wrong Aaron.

Agreed

Cedric has not appeared like he wants to be here anymore, and he can ride the pine from here on out as far as I am concerned til he clears out his locker

In the offseason, bring in 4 or 5 yr veteran via FA who wants a shot to start (Pittsburgh has several of these guys) and draft a rookie bellcow candidate in round 4 or later

I really don't get it. He hadn't fumbled the entire season... and then fumbles 5 times in the last 2 games.

He lacks big play ability, but up until now he has been steady, durable, and reliable. Now... I cringe when he gets the ball.

I hope he figures it out, because while he might not be great, he's the best the Bengals have right now. They won't make it far without him.

I really don't get it. He hadn't fumbled the entire season... and then fumbles 5 times in the last 2 games.

Well derek, looking at the bigger picture of these last two games, one thing stands out to me. The Bengals have won both. Granted, that many fumbles by any player in eight quarters of football is too many, but the team still finds ways to overcome it.

Crazy huh?

Well derek, looking at the bigger picture of these last two games, one thing stands out to me. The Bengals have won both. Granted, that many fumbles by any player in eight quarters of football is too many, but the team still finds ways to overcome it.

Crazy huh?

True but the majority of the fumbles have come with the Bengals ahead and the fumbles allow the other team back in the game. My only reasoning for this happening is a lack of focus. Some can say it is a player trying too hard, but I'll point to the fact that Benson has been carrying the ball in one hand while going into piles and has had it poked out by players trying to strip the ball. When a player KNOWS that the other team is going to be trying to strip the ball, he has to focus enough to remember to put both hands on it. If you saw Benson's fumbles today, even the announcers pointed out his poor ball skills.

Benson had fumbleitis last year too if I remember correctly. You'll also notice him as the only Bengals' player in the shot, as Jerome did his flip for a TD, and Ced just walks the other way with no reaction (likely wishing it were him) instead of jogging over and celebrating a bit like any other team's "star" RB would do, who isn't a self-centered ass.

They have to live and die with Cedric this year, for now, but I'd just let him go in the off-season without even thinking much about it. Find someone better/younger. I really liked him 2 years ago and appreciate what he's brought here, but the longer he plays here, the more I see why Chicago just let him go too.

In fact this team could use 2-3 interior lineman and at least one new HB (if not two) next year. The running game needs help and the interior lineman are the problem more often than not.

You'll also notice him as the only Bengals' player in the shot, as Jerome did his flip for a TD, and Ced just walks the other way with no reaction (likely wishing it were him) instead of jogging over and celebrating a bit like any other team's "star" RB would do, who isn't a self-centered ass.

Benson needs to be replaced next year... but this is not a fair complaint about him.

This picture was taken as Simpson and Benson came off the field after the TD.

The slow-mo video does make it seem like he just walked away... but he quickly realized what he just saw, and was one of the first to run over and congratulate Simpson.

Cedric has a different type of personality that a lot of people take as arrogant and self centered. In reality he does congratulate his teammates, and if you watch him on the sidelines, he isn't constantly in the coaches ear to get back in the game. He is a professional and he knows his role. Sure he wants more carries, wouldn't you be more worried if he didn't want out on the field?