Arizona @ Cincinnati Pregame Chatter

HoosierCat

Another week, another must-win game. Arizona is hot right now (won 6 of past 7 games) but are just 2-5 on the road this season.

Extended forecast is for temps in the high 30s with a 30% chance of rain/snow showers. So it will be a bit chillier than the Cards are used to. Hopefully that helps.

Early line has the Bengals installed as 4.5-point favorites.

Hopefully. It will help that the Bengals are fully off of the radar now. Since they lost to Pitt, Balt, and Houston they are no ones darlings. I like it better like that. I'm nervous about past seasons when they were in this exact situation and folded, but I'm hoping that since this is an entirely different team that the results will be different.

It looks like a pretty even game to me. If you look at what cards fans are saying about their team, it's not all that different from what we've been saying about the Bengals. The Cards have been starting games slow, getting behind and having to rely on fourth-quarter comebacks. I've even see references to "Cardiac Cardinals." :lol: They've struggled to sack the opposing QB; they get pressure but too often can't quite get to the QB (again, sound familiar?). When they get behind, they forget Beanie Wells is on the team.

The one thing I've seen that's different is that the Cards have been vulnerable to the run. So, if Benson can hold on to the freaking ball, maybe this is finally the game where the run game carries the day.

The big debate right now among Arizona fans is whether they should stick with Skelton at QB or put Kolb back in if he's over his concussion.

Cards are hot right now. But if Bengals "D" plays tough they can win this one. We didn't score much against a weaker st L team so this games got me worried.

This Skelton guy looks pretty good so far. He has me worried alittle bit, bengals seem to have problem with rookies, and young QBs, and he seems to have a pretty big arm.

Hey Zim alittle advice i think you need to double Fitzgerald, just saying! Oh and please dont play prevent defense, im tired of seeing these teams get free yards, and easy TDs because he decides to play soft. Play aggresive and physical all game, and pressure the young guy into making mistakes.

Ben has approximately 7 seconds to stand in the pocket and he throws a pick. Time to really, really, limp off the field.

No doubt. Without his ability to scramble the Niners can flood the secondary. Batch at least makes them respect the QBs ability to run.

This Skelton guy looks pretty good so far. He has me worried alittle bit, bengals seem to have problem with rookies, and young QBs, and he seems to have a pretty big arm.

Hey Zim alittle advice i think you need to double Fitzgerald, just saying! Oh and please dont play prevent defense, im tired of seeing these teams get free yards, and easy TDs because he decides to play soft. Play aggresive and physical all game, and pressure the young guy into making mistakes.

Hopefully Zimmer took some notes from the Browns/Cards game yesterday in slowing down Fitzgerald. They're going to need it.