Arizona @ Cincinnati Pregame Chatter

HoosierCat

Good move, off Tirico and back to the studio. Tom Jackson is good, Ditka is good.

Chris Berman is...terrible. Retire already.

C'mon man,.. He's my favorite!! How do you not like him!!! He loves football and sports all togeter! He teared up when talking about sanfran regaining prominence,.. He really is great IMO,.. but I guess everyones entitled to their own,..

I think Berman, instead of using research, insight, and an earnest delivery, just goes with the same tired schtick he's been using since he started. Other guys would delve into why S.F. is regaining prominence, they'd investigate what turned it around and inform us, educate us. Berman just cries about it, and probably shouts a bunch of stuff about Joe Montana and the catch and all that. That's how I perceive it. Berman seems like a guy who does love sports, and I wish I liked him because he seems like a nice guy. But I'm tired of the same old thing from him, he's just not interesting.

Well in regard to the Bengals Cardinals game, I think there is certainly still room for concern heading into this one. While the Cards haven't played the best on the road, the Bengals are still making a habit out of starting slow and making dumb mistakes. The Cards can run and throw the ball and Patrick Peterson taking returns is always a concern.

Can the Bengals win this game ?? Sure they can, but I just don't think they can continue to do the things they have and expect to have good results. Now is the time to put together two complete games and hope the Jets drop at least one more, which is more than possible.

I would love nothing more than to see the Bengals make the playoffs, but I am still very happy with how this season has turned out.

I certainly didn't expect to be having a conversation about the Bengals playoff chances at the end of December.

I think Berman, instead of using research, insight, and an earnest delivery, just goes with the same tired schtick he's been using since he started. Other guys would delve into why S.F. is regaining prominence, they'd investigate what turned it around and inform us, educate us. Berman just cries about it, and probably shouts a bunch of stuff about Joe Montana and the catch and all that. That's how I perceive it. Berman seems like a guy who does love sports, and I wish I liked him because he seems like a nice guy. But I'm tired of the same old thing from him, he's just not interesting.

Here's your nice guy for you.

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TLG_LtWhj4

Chris Berman is an a**h*** and not only because of things like this. I've heard stories about him in public and at events and such. Apparently he's a real egotistical dick.

Update from Hobson.

But slot receiver Andre Caldwell isn’t doing as well physically and there’s some question if he’ll be available for the final two games. Caldwell revealed Tuesday that he was inactive last Sunday in St. Louis because the abdominal/groin injury he suffered in training camp has nagged him all year and he says it finally caught up him last week. He said he won’t practice Tuesday and indicated they are still coming to grips with the nature of the injury because he said he didn’t go to the trainers until head coach Marvin Lewis asked him about it before last Friday’s practice.

Paging Chris Perry, Chris Perry to the white courtesy phone, please.

Head coach Marvin Lewis says the Bengals’ problems on short yardage in St. Louis can be traced to a unnamed new man in the mix and that they are easily fixable. No one was throwing rookie tight end Colin Cochart under the bus because he was playing fullback in an NFL game for the first time in his life and it was an expected struggle.

Paging Dan Coats, Dan Coats to the white courtesy phone please.

Indications are that both fullbacks that missed Sunday’s game, starter Chris Pressley and backup Brian Leonard, are expected to have a good shot at playing Saturday…

Please let this happen, esp. Leonard.

The Bengals radio team was reporting the entire game that Caldwell was healthy and based on sorts of speculation re: his being inactive on that. This fact changes everything. Sounds like we ought not count on him

Arizona is in the same spot the Bengals are. They want the playoffs, and need to win-out to get there. The Bengals will get their best shot.

If Cincy finds a way to get the win... it'll be followed by Baltimore, who in all likelihood will be playing for the division title in week 17. They will want that bye week, and a guaranteed home game... so they will play very hard.

Cincinnati has its work cut out for it, and I wouldn't have it any other way. They need to prove to themselves that they can win these kinds of games. Otherwise, the playoffs are probably just a waste of time.

Arizona is in the same spot the Bengals are. They want the playoffs, and need to win-out to get there. The Bengals will get their best shot.

If Cincy finds a way to get the win... it'll be followed by Baltimore, who in all likelihood will be playing for the division title in week 17. They will want that bye week, and a guaranteed home game... so they will play very hard.

Cincinnati has its work cut out for it, and I wouldn't have it any other way. They need to prove to themselves that they can win these kinds of games. Otherwise, the playoffs are probably just a waste of time.

Exactly. 100% correct

I'm pretty excited for Saturdays game. I remember that Bronco Christmas eve game, and that was crushing.

Exactly. 100% correct

I'm pretty excited for Saturdays game. I remember that Bronco Christmas eve game, and that was crushing.

I was at that game, please don't remind me of it.